Jon Alba joined ABC 7 and FOX 22 in September of 2015 to serve as sports director and anchor. He is a graduate of Quinnipiac University, where he served as general manager of the school's television station Q30 Television for two years.
During his tenure, Q30 was named "College Television Station of the Year" by the College Media Association in 2014, and picked up additional national award recognition as well. Jon has been acknowledged by the Society of Professional Journalists for his commitment to sports journalism, including his investigative work while covering Quinnipiac Athletics.
Prior to moving to Maine, Jon was a lifelong resident of New Jersey. There, he formed a passion for covering sports, knowing since age 5 he wanted to tell stories for a living.
In the past, Jon has worked at MLB Network, alongside MLB Advanced Media. Additionally, his work has been featured on AOL Sports. He can be contacted at [email protected] or on Twitter @JonAlba.
ORONO - On the heels of losing a fair amount of talent on the offensive line and one of its biggest weapons in now-transferred running back Josh Mack, the University of Maine football team is set to attempt to restock its arsenal.
BANGOR - Husson and Bowdoin have one of the best Division III basketball rivalries on the East Coast, and Tuesday's outing went down to the wire.
Husson's Raheem Anderson couldn't put the Bears away after having two opportunities from beyond the arc, with Bowdoin taking home a 90-87 win.
ORONO - It had been 45 days since Maine men's hockey last laced up at Alfond Arena, and it was a welcome return to the homeland Tuesday night.
After a rough weekend series with No. 10 Northeastern, Maine bounced back with a 3-1 win over UMass, led by 34 saves from freshman goalie Jeremy Swayman.
BANGOR - The John Bapst Crusaders girls basketball team entered Friday night's game with Old Town undefeated, and despite a scare, walked out untouched.
The Crusaders battled back from being down at the half, and earned a 43-32 win.
HERMON - The Hermon Hawks are keeping pace in Class B North after a successful night against Oceanside.
The boys team rallied in the second half to down the Mariners 63-41. The girls meanwhile trailed Oceanside at the half, but managed to pull away in the final minutes of the fourth quarter to earn a 44-40 win.
BOSTON - It was a matchup of two top teams in the country in Beantown, but Maine men's hockey was bested in enemy territory.
No. 10 Northeastern outscored No. 20 Maine early, earning a 5-3 win to open up the two-game series.
ORONO - Maine women's hockey theoretically sits just outside of the NCAA Tournament bubble. They're ranked among the top teams in the country, and it's only January.
BREWER - The Brewer Witches are red hot right now in Class A North, and came into Thursday's game against Lawrence as winners of three out of four. They used an equally as hot start to extend that to four out of five.
Brewer got out of the gates with a 14-0 run, helping it take down Lawrence 67-42.
OLD TOWN - Any Old Town/Orono game is usually intense with that atmosphere alone, but the dramatics in Thursday night's boys basketball game only heightened the energy in the Old Town gymnasium.
The Coyotes trailed by 13 at the half, but tenacious defense and strong shooting from beyond the arc allowed them to force overtime. There, Zack Dill hit a corner pocket 3 for the Red Riots that served as a dagger, as Orono survived the evening with a 56-55 win.
BANGOR - There were plenty of worries heading into the season for Maine women's basketball, but the Black Bears have proven once again they can't be counted out.
Blanca Millan's 19-point, 11-rebound performance led the Black Bears to a 64-50 win on the road against UMBC. Meanwhile in Bangor, Aaron Calixte's 24 points kept Maine in it against the Retrievers, but Maine ultimately fell short of its fifth win of the season and lost 72-67.
- Florida school set to reopen in phases after deadly shooting
- North Carolina father, daughter charged with incest arraigned in Virginia court
- Dems flip Kentucky House seat held by lawmaker who killed himself
- Florida shooting suspect may receive $800G inheritance
- Man writes open letter after Parkland massacre: 'I was almost a school shooter'
- North Korea canceled secret meeting with Pence at Olympics, US says
- Missing California Uber driver is found alive, report says
- Disturbing survey finds trash, needles, feces littering streets of San Francisco
- Taco Bell employee fired for 'derogatory slur' printed on receipt
- Navy veteran has emotional reunion with stolen service dog
- Florida House aide fired after claiming Florida shooting survivors are 'actors'
- Florida school shooting survivor: Media using tragedy to push gun control
- MS-13 gang member sentenced to 99 years in jail after 'brutally' killing man, officials say
- New Jersey cemetery worker pinned in grave after concrete falls, buries him
- Building begins on Amazon CEO's $42 million passion project: a 10,000-year clock
- Delaware may let students ‘choose’ their race, gender without parental consent
- Future of space travel: Bigelow shows off bold plan that's out of this world
- Man linked to biggest art heist in history found competent to stand trial
- Kate Middleton Rubs Shoulders With Anna Winter & Stella McCartney At Fashion Event
- R. Kelly Has Been Evicted From Two Atlanta Homes Over $30K In Unpaid Rent
- Katherine Heigl Shows Off Post-Baby Body 14 Months After Giving Birth To Son Joshua
- Ciara Shares Sweet First Father-Daughter Photo Of Russell Wilson & Baby Sienna
- 'Saturday Night Live' Alum Colin Quinn Shares Update After Valentine's Day Heart Attack
- Kourtney Kardashian Reveals She Outweighs Her Son Mason By Just 36 Pounds
- Hilary Duff Mourns Her Beloved Dog In Heartbreaking Goodbye Post
- Fergie Speaks Out Following Her NBA All-Star Game Performance: I 'Honestly Tried My Best'
- Jennifer Lawrence Stuns In Dior At The 'Red Sparrow' European Premiere
- Aaron Rodgers & Danica Patrick Share A Kiss At Daytona 500
- Cardi B Dances To Her Hit 'Bartier Cardi' While Snacking At The NBC All-Stars Game
- Ansel Elgort Is An Uncle: See The Sweet Photo Of Him & His Niece
- North Korean skater disqualified after falling in Olympic pre-heat; some onlookers claim dirty play
- Louisville to vacate 2013 basketball title as sex scandal punishment
- Russian curler Alexander Krushelnitsky tested positive for Winter Olympics doping, ROC says
- Ex-NFL player who planned murder of pregnant girlfriend seeks custody of son
- Hero, harasser or both? Shaun White’s newly complex legacy
- First Olympian to win skiing medal for UK was born in US
- Wallace tops Daytona 500 speed chart in final practice
- Auburn player Anfernee McLemore suffers gruesome leg injury
- Four NHL hockey fans kicked out over racist comments toward player
- Lindsey Vonn responds to Twitter trolls after failing to medal at Olympics
- Be like Michael Jordan? Not at Air Force Academy
- US Olympic skier Gus Kenworthy quips broken thumb means he won't be able to shake Pence's hand