Jon Alba joined ABC 7 and FOX 22 in September of 2015 to serve as sports director and anchor. He is a graduate of Quinnipiac University, where he served as general manager of the school's television station Q30 Television for two years.
During his tenure, Q30 was named "College Television Station of the Year" by the College Media Association in 2014, and picked up additional national award recognition as well. Jon has been acknowledged by the Society of Professional Journalists for his commitment to sports journalism, including his investigative work while covering Quinnipiac Athletics.
Prior to moving to Maine, Jon was a lifelong resident of New Jersey. There, he formed a passion for covering sports, knowing since age 5 he wanted to tell stories for a living.
In the past, Jon has worked at MLB Network, alongside MLB Advanced Media. Additionally, his work has been featured on AOL Sports. He can be contacted at [email protected] or on Twitter @JonAlba.
ORONO - Less than two weeks ago, the Maine Black Bears were ranked inside the top 20 of the USCHO men's hockey national poll, and making a legitimate NCAA Tournament case for itself. But just as the Black Bears got hot, they lost a little bit of momentum.
BANGOR - It has been nearly five years since Maine men's basketball was able to top rival New Hampshire, but the Black Bears got the job done Wednesday night.
ORONO - It is no secret freshman goaltender Jeremy Swayman has been instrumental to Maine men's hockey's success this year, and he was honored once more for his efforts Monday.
BANGOR - Despite a tough loss to Hermon over the weekend, the MDI Trojans bounced back in a big way against the John Bapst Crusaders Monday night.
The Trojans utilized a quick start to outpace the Crusaders, earning a 71-37 win.
ORONO - Some great defense was on display between Hermon and Orono to kick off the second half of Monday night's girls basketball contest, but an eight-point lead for the Hawks grew quickly.
Hermon rolled to a 51-26 win, keeping the heat on the John Bapst Crusaders.
OLD TOWN - The student section is imperative to create a raucous atmosphere in any high school basketball game, and in that regard, Old Town's is no different.
HERMON - Class B North girls is wide open once more, as things fell in Hermon's favor Friday night.
The Hawks are just two points back of John Bapst in the division after they rattled off a 68-35 win over a tough MDI squad, and the Crusaders fell to the Ellsworth Eagles.
HAMPDEN - Major HealPoints were on the line in Class A North for girls basketball, as Hampden Academy hosted Brewer.
- Nikolas Cruz showed no warning signs before Florida school shooting, say couple who took him in
- Russia church shooting leaves 5 dead after gunman opens fire on people leaving service
- Woman buys fish from Costco, finds live worm inside
- Iranian commercial plane crashes, killing all 65 people aboard, airline says
- Russia church shooting leaves 4 dead after gunman opens fire at festival
- Florida school massacre sparks church sign: 'When will they love their kids more than their guns'
- Florida school shooting survivors plan march demanding end to gun violence
- Sessions firm on recusing himself from Russia probe, uncertain about Senate fixing DACA
- Trump says Russians 'laughing their a---s off' over US collusion probes
- Iranian commercial plane crashes, killing all 66 people aboard, airline says
- 10 incredibly useful online sites you didn't know about until now
- Head of Latvian Central Bank is detained for questioning
- Son of George Soros donated $650G to Dem campaigns, groups last year, data show
- Egypt accepts delay of Ethiopia dam meeting as protests rage
- Israeli PM: Iran becoming increasingly aggressive in region
- Poland tries to frame PM's Holocaust remarks as frank debate
- Longtime Republican donor calls for new gun laws, vows to withhold cash
- Israel strikes Hamas targets in Gaza after soldiers wounded
- Jimmy Kimmel Calls On Congress, Trump To Take Action Against School Shootings: 'Children Are Being Murdered'
- Janelle Monae's Album Trailer Will Air Before 'Black Panther' In Theaters
- Chadwick Boseman, Tiffany Haddish, Greta Gerwig Named 2018 Oscar Presenters
- 'Bachelor In Paradise' Stars Evan Bass and Carly Waddell Welcome Baby Girl, Isabella!
- Prince Harry Has An Absolute Blast With Kiddos As He Serves Food At Their School
- Jennifer Aniston & Justin Theroux Separate After 2 Years Of Marriage
- 'Riverdale's Camila Mendes Shares Her Condolences With Her Hometown Parkland & Victims Of The Mass Shooting There
- Christina Aguilera Poses Nude For Sexy & Soapy Instagram Pics
- Amy Schumer Tells Fans She's Not Pregnant After Surprise Wedding
- Bode Miller Apologizes After Joke Suggesting Marriage Caused Skier's Downfall
- Nicole Kidman, Lupita Nyong'o, Michael B. Jordan & More Stars Pack The Front Row At Calvin Klein At NYFW
- Hugh Jackman Share's A Super Sweet Wedding Picture With Wife Deb In Honor Of Valentine's Day
- Wallace tops Daytona 500 speed chart in final practice
- Auburn player Anfernee McLemore suffers gruesome leg injury
- Four NHL hockey fans kicked out over racist comments toward player
- Lindsey Vonn responds to Twitter trolls after failing to medal at Olympics
- Be like Michael Jordan? Not at Air Force Academy
- US Olympic skier Gus Kenworthy quips broken thumb means he won't be able to shake Pence's hand
- Cubs' Anthony Rizzo returns home to Parkland, FL after shooting
- Massachusetts hockey coach accused of sexually abusing 8 children, including 6-year-old
- German figure skating pair sets record in gold medal win
- American Mikaela Shiffrin charges to gold in giant slalom
- Barstool Sports co-host Patrick Connor fired by KNBR after calling Olympian a 'hot piece'
- Shaun White drags American flag on ground after winning gold medal, gets lit up on social media