Jon Alba joined ABC 7 and FOX 22 in September of 2015 to serve as sports director and anchor. He is a graduate of Quinnipiac University, where he served as general manager of the school's television station Q30 Television for two years.
During his tenure, Q30 was named "College Television Station of the Year" by the College Media Association in 2014, and picked up additional national award recognition as well. Jon has been acknowledged by the Society of Professional Journalists for his commitment to sports journalism, including his investigative work while covering Quinnipiac Athletics.
Prior to moving to Maine, Jon was a lifelong resident of New Jersey. There, he formed a passion for covering sports, knowing since age 5 he wanted to tell stories for a living.
In the past, Jon has worked at MLB Network, alongside MLB Advanced Media. Additionally, his work has been featured on AOL Sports. He can be contacted at [email protected] or on Twitter @JonAlba.
LOWELL, Mass. - Maine women's basketball is now firmly cemented as one of the top teams in America East, and sit just one game back of first place in the conference.
HERMON - It was the final homestand for the seniors on the Hermon girls basketball team, and the pressure didn't deter them.
BANGOR - Husson women's basketball added its second member of its 2018 recruiting class this week, opting for one of the top shooters in the north region.
HAMPDEN - Ian McIntyre etched his name in Hampden Academy immortality Tuesday night, while the Broncos continued to roll.
McIntyre scored his 1,000th career point in the third quarter of the team's game against Medomak Valley, a 45-31 that keeps the Broncos safely in first place in Class A North.
BANGOR - The Bangor/Brewer rivalry stretches across multiple sports, and the basketball games always bring good crowds.
ORONO - When Maine men's basketball head coach Bob Walsh watches redshirt junior guard Aaron Calixte, he knows the result will normally be the same.
ORONO - Beating New Hampshire is what every Maine athletics squad is tasked with, and both men's and women's basketball got the job done. But it's not always like that.
BANGOR - Most Lewiston/Bangor matchups are intense, no matter what the arena. That trend continued into Thursday night, when the ladies hit the hardwood in Bangor.
The Blue Devils held off a late run from the Rams, taking a 36-34 win back home.
BREWER - The Witches of Brewer have been firing lately in Class A North girls basketball, and hosted last year's state champion in Messalonskee Thursday night.
After a strong first quarter from both squads, the Witches turned it on late to earn a 58-54 win.
HAMPDEN - Ian McIntyre is on the road to 1,000 career points for the Hampden Academy Broncos, and he's just a few buckets away after Thursday night's game with Lawrence.
McIntyre sits 13 points away from the milestone after Hampden's 53-34 win over the Bulldogs. The team hosts Mt. Blue Saturday.
- Syrian TV: Pro-government forces to enter Kurdish enclave
- Judging Jennifer Aniston - what Jesus has to say about that
- Michael Goodwin: It's time to believe tipsters when they warn us about maniacs
- Israel hits militant site in Gaza after renewed rocket fire
- North Koreans face deportation in Trudeau's Canada, report says
- Main chapel unaffected by weekend fire at Tibetan monastery
- Petition seeks full honors military funeral for hero Florida JROTC student
- Missouri youth baseball team moves forward with AR-15 raffle
- Afghan official: Bodies found of 9 people abducted last year
- Iranian rescue teams find site, wreckage from plane crash
- Trump slams Oprah, hopes to see her 2020 run to 'expose and defeat'
- California Democrat, and #MeToo activist, allegedly urged staffers to play 'spin the bottle': report
- Frederick Douglass was a Christian and a patriot – why is this so hard for the left to accept?
- Indonesia's Sinabung volcano unleashes towering ash column
- Philippines: Risks rising with China challenging US at sea
- Republicans to use Pelosi against vulnerable Dems in midterm elections
- Masked gunman shoots 4, including 6-year-old, outside Texas Roadhouse in San Antonio
- Pakistan cricketer-turned-politician Khan marries 3rd time
- Jimmy Kimmel Calls On Congress, Trump To Take Action Against School Shootings: 'Children Are Being Murdered'
- Janelle Monae's Album Trailer Will Air Before 'Black Panther' In Theaters
- Chadwick Boseman, Tiffany Haddish, Greta Gerwig Named 2018 Oscar Presenters
- 'Bachelor In Paradise' Stars Evan Bass and Carly Waddell Welcome Baby Girl, Isabella!
- Prince Harry Has An Absolute Blast With Kiddos As He Serves Food At Their School
- Jennifer Aniston & Justin Theroux Separate After 2 Years Of Marriage
- 'Riverdale's Camila Mendes Shares Her Condolences With Her Hometown Parkland & Victims Of The Mass Shooting There
- Christina Aguilera Poses Nude For Sexy & Soapy Instagram Pics
- Amy Schumer Tells Fans She's Not Pregnant After Surprise Wedding
- Bode Miller Apologizes After Joke Suggesting Marriage Caused Skier's Downfall
- Nicole Kidman, Lupita Nyong'o, Michael B. Jordan & More Stars Pack The Front Row At Calvin Klein At NYFW
- Hugh Jackman Share's A Super Sweet Wedding Picture With Wife Deb In Honor Of Valentine's Day
- First Olympian to win skiing medal for UK was born in US
- Wallace tops Daytona 500 speed chart in final practice
- Auburn player Anfernee McLemore suffers gruesome leg injury
- Four NHL hockey fans kicked out over racist comments toward player
- Lindsey Vonn responds to Twitter trolls after failing to medal at Olympics
- Be like Michael Jordan? Not at Air Force Academy
- US Olympic skier Gus Kenworthy quips broken thumb means he won't be able to shake Pence's hand
- Cubs' Anthony Rizzo returns home to Parkland, FL after shooting
- Massachusetts hockey coach accused of sexually abusing 8 children, including 6-year-old
- German figure skating pair sets record in gold medal win
- American Mikaela Shiffrin charges to gold in giant slalom
- Barstool Sports co-host Patrick Connor fired by KNBR after calling Olympian a 'hot piece'