Jon Alba joined ABC 7 and FOX 22 in September of 2015 to serve as sports director and anchor. He is a graduate of Quinnipiac University, where he served as general manager of the school's television station Q30 Television for two years.
During his tenure, Q30 was named "College Television Station of the Year" by the College Media Association in 2014, and picked up additional national award recognition as well. Jon has been acknowledged by the Society of Professional Journalists for his commitment to sports journalism, including his investigative work while covering Quinnipiac Athletics.
Prior to moving to Maine, Jon was a lifelong resident of New Jersey. There, he formed a passion for covering sports, knowing since age 5 he wanted to tell stories for a living.
In the past, Jon has worked at MLB Network, alongside MLB Advanced Media. Additionally, his work has been featured on AOL Sports. He can be contacted at [email protected] or on Twitter @JonAlba.
HERMON - There were several No. 1 seeds up for grabs Tuesday night, but the one in Class B North girls basketball would be at the mercy of a winner-takes-all contest.
ORONO - Unified has become a staple in Maine for the opportunities it provides to special needs athletes. But these basketball stars got an additional opportunity to meet the stars they watch at the Cross Insurance Center up close and in person Monday afternoon.
BANGOR - Most teams that turn the ball over 28 times in one game don't end up winning, but most teams don't have the versatility of Maine women's basketball.
ORONO - On the heels of a 1-1 weekend against Merrimack College, two Maine men's hockey players earned high honors.
ORONO - Brendan Robbins' hat trick was a spark for Maine men's hockey against Merrimack Friday night, but it was Patrick Holway's game-winner in overtime that gave the Black Bears a much-needed 4-3 win over the Warriors at Alfond Arena.
Meanwhile, the women played host to rival New Hampshire, and took a 2-1 lead into the third period. But two penalties put the Wildcats on a 5-on-3 advantage, where they tied the game up at 2, ultimately serving as the final.
BANGOR - Skowhegan girls basketball got off to a slow start against Bangor, with an opportunity to pick up some nonconference HealPoints. But the Indians did not fret, and bounced back in a big way.
BANGOR - Turn the clocks back to November of 2016, and Bangor-based fighter Aaron Lacey was one of the most feared fighters in the northeast. He had just turned pro in April, but he already held a 4-0 record, and was set to dominate in New England Fights once more in 2017.
ORONO - Whenever the New Hampshire Wildcats come to Orono, the mantra is usually the same: Beat UNH.
BREWER - Tenacious defense and dynamite shooting were plentiful for the Cony Rams Wednesday night in Brewer, and they allowed the team to stay red hot.
The Rams earned a 63-58 win over the Witches, earning their sixth straight victory and moving to 10-5 on the year.
OLD TOWN - It was history on the hardwood Wednesday afternoon, as the Old Town Coyotes fielded a Unified squad for the first time ever. Not only was it historic, but it was also a success.
The Coyotes downed rival Orono 80-74, earning their first ever win.
- Nikolas Cruz showed no warning signs before Florida school shooting, say couple who took him in
- Russia church shooting leaves 5 dead after gunman opens fire on people leaving service
- Woman buys fish from Costco, finds live worm inside
- Iranian commercial plane crashes, killing all 65 people aboard, airline says
- Russia church shooting leaves 4 dead after gunman opens fire at festival
- Florida school massacre sparks church sign: 'When will they love their kids more than their guns'
- Florida school shooting survivors plan march demanding end to gun violence
- Sessions firm on recusing himself from Russia probe, uncertain about Senate fixing DACA
- Trump says Russians 'laughing their a---s off' over US collusion probes
- Iranian commercial plane crashes, killing all 66 people aboard, airline says
- 10 incredibly useful online sites you didn't know about until now
- Head of Latvian Central Bank is detained for questioning
- Son of George Soros donated $650G to Dem campaigns, groups last year, data show
- Egypt accepts delay of Ethiopia dam meeting as protests rage
- Israeli PM: Iran becoming increasingly aggressive in region
- Poland tries to frame PM's Holocaust remarks as frank debate
- Longtime Republican donor calls for new gun laws, vows to withhold cash
- Israel strikes Hamas targets in Gaza after soldiers wounded
- Jimmy Kimmel Calls On Congress, Trump To Take Action Against School Shootings: 'Children Are Being Murdered'
- Janelle Monae's Album Trailer Will Air Before 'Black Panther' In Theaters
- Chadwick Boseman, Tiffany Haddish, Greta Gerwig Named 2018 Oscar Presenters
- 'Bachelor In Paradise' Stars Evan Bass and Carly Waddell Welcome Baby Girl, Isabella!
- Prince Harry Has An Absolute Blast With Kiddos As He Serves Food At Their School
- Jennifer Aniston & Justin Theroux Separate After 2 Years Of Marriage
- 'Riverdale's Camila Mendes Shares Her Condolences With Her Hometown Parkland & Victims Of The Mass Shooting There
- Christina Aguilera Poses Nude For Sexy & Soapy Instagram Pics
- Amy Schumer Tells Fans She's Not Pregnant After Surprise Wedding
- Bode Miller Apologizes After Joke Suggesting Marriage Caused Skier's Downfall
- Nicole Kidman, Lupita Nyong'o, Michael B. Jordan & More Stars Pack The Front Row At Calvin Klein At NYFW
- Hugh Jackman Share's A Super Sweet Wedding Picture With Wife Deb In Honor Of Valentine's Day
- Wallace tops Daytona 500 speed chart in final practice
- Auburn player Anfernee McLemore suffers gruesome leg injury
- Four NHL hockey fans kicked out over racist comments toward player
- Lindsey Vonn responds to Twitter trolls after failing to medal at Olympics
- Be like Michael Jordan? Not at Air Force Academy
- US Olympic skier Gus Kenworthy quips broken thumb means he won't be able to shake Pence's hand
- Cubs' Anthony Rizzo returns home to Parkland, FL after shooting
- Massachusetts hockey coach accused of sexually abusing 8 children, including 6-year-old
- German figure skating pair sets record in gold medal win
- American Mikaela Shiffrin charges to gold in giant slalom
- Barstool Sports co-host Patrick Connor fired by KNBR after calling Olympian a 'hot piece'
- Shaun White drags American flag on ground after winning gold medal, gets lit up on social media