Jon Alba joined ABC 7 and FOX 22 in September of 2015 to serve as sports director and anchor. He is a graduate of Quinnipiac University, where he served as general manager of the school's television station Q30 Television for two years.
During his tenure, Q30 was named "College Television Station of the Year" by the College Media Association in 2014, and picked up additional national award recognition as well. Jon has been acknowledged by the Society of Professional Journalists for his commitment to sports journalism, including his investigative work while covering Quinnipiac Athletics.
Prior to moving to Maine, Jon was a lifelong resident of New Jersey. There, he formed a passion for covering sports, knowing since age 5 he wanted to tell stories for a living.
In the past, Jon has worked at MLB Network, alongside MLB Advanced Media. Additionally, his work has been featured on AOL Sports. He can be contacted at [email protected] or on Twitter @JonAlba.
BANGOR - Maine women's basketball is now a winner of eight games in a row, and it also finds itself atop the America East standings.
ORONO - Orono boys basketball needed wins from Presque Isle, Winslow and Belfast just to have a chance at clinching a playoff spot in Class B North. Fortunately for them, everything fell into their favor, meaning a win against Old Town could get the Red Riots in the tourney.
Evan Kenefic's late free throw ultimately gave the Red Riots enough breathing room, giving them a 40-38 win and clinching a postseason berth in the process.
ORONO - The Maine Black Bears came close last year to capturing their second-straight America East softball title, and if the coaches of the conference are right, they'll be in contention once more in 2018.
BANGOR - A tight first period would give way to late scoring at Sawyer Arena Tuesday night, as Bangor played host to Portland.
The Bulldogs managed to outpace the Rams into the third, earning a 3-2 win.
HERMON - Fresh on the heels of a visit from the Maine men's basketball team, the Orono Unified squad used the lessons it learned en route to a tight win.
The Red Riots held off a tough Hermon squad Tuesday, winning 54-52.
BANGOR - A win versus Bangor, and the Hampden Academy girls basketball team would clinch the No. 1 seed in Class A North. The Broncos put themselves in that position Tuesday night, and they saw it through.
HERMON - There were several No. 1 seeds up for grabs Tuesday night, but the one in Class B North girls basketball would be at the mercy of a winner-takes-all contest.
ORONO - Unified has become a staple in Maine for the opportunities it provides to special needs athletes. But these basketball stars got an additional opportunity to meet the stars they watch at the Cross Insurance Center up close and in person Monday afternoon.
BANGOR - Most teams that turn the ball over 28 times in one game don't end up winning, but most teams don't have the versatility of Maine women's basketball.
ORONO - On the heels of a 1-1 weekend against Merrimack College, two Maine men's hockey players earned high honors.
- Romney, seeking US Senate seat, calls for action against mass shootings
- 5 ways to combat package theft
- Mueller team alleges Manafort 'bank fraud,' in new court filings
- Kelly under fire for handling of Porter abuse allegations
- 13 dead as helicopter assessing Mexico quake damage plummets
- The Latest: Chile abuse victim: story is finally heard
- Senate's voting order on immigration plans a likely factor in this week's failures
- Rodney Bullard on heroism on display in Parkland
- The FBI looks like the Federal Bureau of Incompetence after ignoring warning about Florida gunman
- Teacher training now includes dealing with active shooters
- Minnesota terror case shows challenge of predicting attacks
- Marsha Blackburn says she will run for Senate even if Corker reconsiders retirement
- Jailed Islamic scholar Tariq Ramadan reported hospitalized
- Florida school shooting suspect investigated by state after he posted video on social media cutting himself
- 13 killed in helicopter crash in Mexico
- Mexicans hold mournful procession for endangered porpoise
- Mother who had the nation's first septuplets dies at 63
- After the Florida shooting, here's what the surviving students want us to know
- Jimmy Kimmel Calls On Congress, Trump To Take Action Against School Shootings: 'Children Are Being Murdered'
- Janelle Monae's Album Trailer Will Air Before 'Black Panther' In Theaters
- Chadwick Boseman, Tiffany Haddish, Greta Gerwig Named 2018 Oscar Presenters
- 'Bachelor In Paradise' Stars Evan Bass and Carly Waddell Welcome Baby Girl, Isabella!
- Prince Harry Has An Absolute Blast With Kiddos As He Serves Food At Their School
- Jennifer Aniston & Justin Theroux Separate After 2 Years Of Marriage
- 'Riverdale's Camila Mendes Shares Her Condolences With Her Hometown Parkland & Victims Of The Mass Shooting There
- Christina Aguilera Poses Nude For Sexy & Soapy Instagram Pics
- Amy Schumer Tells Fans She's Not Pregnant After Surprise Wedding
- Bode Miller Apologizes After Joke Suggesting Marriage Caused Skier's Downfall
- Nicole Kidman, Lupita Nyong'o, Michael B. Jordan & More Stars Pack The Front Row At Calvin Klein At NYFW
- Hugh Jackman Share's A Super Sweet Wedding Picture With Wife Deb In Honor Of Valentine's Day
- Lindsey Vonn responds to Twitter trolls after failing to medal at Olympics
- Be like Michael Jordan? Not at Air Force Academy
- US Olympic skier Gus Kenworthy quips broken thumb means he won't be able to shake Pence's hand
- Cubs' Anthony Rizzo returns home to Parkland, FL after shooting
- Massachusetts hockey coach accused of sexually abusing 8 children, including 6-year-old
- German figure skating pair sets record in gold medal win
- American Mikaela Shiffrin charges to gold in giant slalom
- Barstool Sports co-host Patrick Connor fired by KNBR after calling Olympian a 'hot piece'
- Shaun White drags American flag on ground after winning gold medal, gets lit up on social media
- Shaun White wins US its 100th Winter Olympics gold with epic halfpipe performance
- Team USA hockey goalies can keep Statue of Liberty on helmets at Olympics, despite reports
- Russian Olympics doping whistleblower 'fears for his life,' believes Kremlin wants him dead