Jon Alba joined ABC 7 and FOX 22 in September of 2015 to serve as sports director and anchor. He is a graduate of Quinnipiac University, where he served as general manager of the school's television station Q30 Television for two years.
During his tenure, Q30 was named "College Television Station of the Year" by the College Media Association in 2014, and picked up additional national award recognition as well. Jon has been acknowledged by the Society of Professional Journalists for his commitment to sports journalism, including his investigative work while covering Quinnipiac Athletics.
Prior to moving to Maine, Jon was a lifelong resident of New Jersey. There, he formed a passion for covering sports, knowing since age 5 he wanted to tell stories for a living.
In the past, Jon has worked at MLB Network, alongside MLB Advanced Media. Additionally, his work has been featured on AOL Sports. He can be contacted at [email protected] or on Twitter @JonAlba.
AUGUSTA - A shootout between No. 5 Camden Hills and No. 4 Cony boys basketball saw the Rams outlast the Windjammers 61-57, but would Hampden Academy be on the docket next?
The Broncos entered the game against Brewer as the No. 1 seed and barely escaped, playing neck and neck until the very end. Hampden ultimately won 48-40.
BANGOR - Both Woodland teams are in a position to take gold balls this year in Class D North, and the girls team are officially on the hunt.
The Dragons beat the Schenck Wolverines 39-35 in the Class D North Quarterfinals Saturday night, advancing to the semifinals.
AUGUSTA - A fast tempo was crucial for No. 2 Nokomis in its Class A North Quarterfinal game against No. 7 Erskine Academy, and it paid off from the start.
The Warriors rolled to a 70-45 win Saturday afternoon, punching their ticket to the semifinals.
AUGUSTA - Last year, the Skowhegan boys basketball team knocked off top-seeded Medomak to kick off the state basketball tournament. That did not sit well over the course of the year.
The No. 6 Panthers outscored the No. 3 Indians 39-10 in the second half of Saturday's quarterfinal game, advancing in Class A North with a 63-31 win.
AUGUSTA - Everyone loves a good upset come tournament time, but the Hampden Academy Broncos did not want to be on the wrong side of history Friday night.
No. 8 Gardiner held a lead at the half over the No. 1 seed, but the Broncos used forward Bailey Donovan's size to capitalize down the stretch and earn a 37-29 win.
BANGOR - There are three things that are certain in life: Death, taxes, and Orono boys basketball being competitive in the state basketball tournament. With the Red Riots slipping into the Class B North Quarterfinals as a No. 11 seed, the team was poised to make a run again, but it ran into Presque Isle.
Griffin Guerrette had 36 for the Wildcats, with 22 coming in the fourth quarter, helping Presque Isle advance with a 65-54 win.
BANGOR - John Bapst fell to the No. 2 seed in Class B North in the final game of the regular season with a loss to Hermon, which would ultimately set it up for a matchup with No. 7 Waterville in the quarterfinals. The Purple Panthers almost proved to be an unlucky draw.
Waterville used a late run to pull within one point after trailing by 14, but Bapst managed to pull it out at the end to win 52-48. The Crusaders now have No. 6 Winslow in the semifinals.
BANGOR - No. 3 MDI found itself in an ideal position in a parity-laden Class B North going into the quarterfinals of the state basketball tournament, but it would be parity that would reign supreme for the Trojans.
The Winslow Black Raiders did not fret against the higher seed, blitzing from the opening whistle and advancing to the semifinals with a 55-34 win. Winslow now gets No. 2 John Bapst in the next round.
SKOWHEGAN - For more than 20 years, there has been no doubt who is in charge at Skowhegan boys basketball practices. His voice resonates throughout the gym, barking orders at players, but also offering words of encouragement aided with a laugh.
ORONO - For several years, like most softball squads, the University of Maine has relied on an ace to be the rock. Erin Bogdanovich, the former America East Pitcher of the Year, occupied that spot for the past several seasons.
- Israel strikes Hamas targets in Gaza after soldiers wounded
- Trump slams FBI over 'missed signals' on Florida shooting, asserts Russia was distraction
- Iraqi victories remain fragile as US reduces troops
- Kentucky bill would motivate jobless to find work, proponents say
- NY archbishop celebrates funeral for US soldier from Ghana
- Lou Holtz teams with Ben Carson for a great cause
- Billboards inspired by Oscar contender challenge Rubio on Florida shooting and gun reforms
- American International Toy Fair 2018: The coolest toys
- Funeral held for Chicago officer who made 'the ultimate sacrifice'
- School walkouts, sit-ins planned after Florida shooting
- The Journal Editorial Report - Saturday, February 17
- Tyler Reddick wins closest NASCAR race ever at Xfinity Series Daytona race
- Romney, seeking US Senate seat, calls for action against mass shootings
- Girl, 4, fatally shot inside car; suspect arrested
- 5 ways to combat package theft
- Trump pushes back against 'Fake News Media' coverage of Russian meddling
- Mueller team alleges Manafort 'bank fraud,' in new court filings
- Kelly under fire for handling of Porter abuse allegations
- Jimmy Kimmel Calls On Congress, Trump To Take Action Against School Shootings: 'Children Are Being Murdered'
- Janelle Monae's Album Trailer Will Air Before 'Black Panther' In Theaters
- Chadwick Boseman, Tiffany Haddish, Greta Gerwig Named 2018 Oscar Presenters
- 'Bachelor In Paradise' Stars Evan Bass and Carly Waddell Welcome Baby Girl, Isabella!
- Prince Harry Has An Absolute Blast With Kiddos As He Serves Food At Their School
- Jennifer Aniston & Justin Theroux Separate After 2 Years Of Marriage
- 'Riverdale's Camila Mendes Shares Her Condolences With Her Hometown Parkland & Victims Of The Mass Shooting There
- Christina Aguilera Poses Nude For Sexy & Soapy Instagram Pics
- Amy Schumer Tells Fans She's Not Pregnant After Surprise Wedding
- Bode Miller Apologizes After Joke Suggesting Marriage Caused Skier's Downfall
- Nicole Kidman, Lupita Nyong'o, Michael B. Jordan & More Stars Pack The Front Row At Calvin Klein At NYFW
- Hugh Jackman Share's A Super Sweet Wedding Picture With Wife Deb In Honor Of Valentine's Day
- Four NHL hockey fans kicked out over racist comments toward player
- Lindsey Vonn responds to Twitter trolls after failing to medal at Olympics
- Be like Michael Jordan? Not at Air Force Academy
- US Olympic skier Gus Kenworthy quips broken thumb means he won't be able to shake Pence's hand
- Cubs' Anthony Rizzo returns home to Parkland, FL after shooting
- Massachusetts hockey coach accused of sexually abusing 8 children, including 6-year-old
- German figure skating pair sets record in gold medal win
- American Mikaela Shiffrin charges to gold in giant slalom
- Barstool Sports co-host Patrick Connor fired by KNBR after calling Olympian a 'hot piece'
- Shaun White drags American flag on ground after winning gold medal, gets lit up on social media
- Shaun White wins US its 100th Winter Olympics gold with epic halfpipe performance
- Team USA hockey goalies can keep Statue of Liberty on helmets at Olympics, despite reports