- Category: Entertainment Tonight
- Created on Saturday, 02 November 2013 04:00
- Written by Fox Bangor / ABC 7 News Team
- Hits: 915
What had ETonline readers buzzing this week?
Several celebrities took to social media Friday morning to voice concern over the shooting that took place at the Los Angeles International Airport.
Actor James Franco Instagrammed a pic from his airplane, captioning, "At #lax Some s** tbag shot up the place."
Additionally, MythBusters star Tory Belleci, who along with co-host Grant Imahara was in the airport at the time and evacuated, sent out several tweets about the ongoing situation, including, "We are being shuttled away from the terminal now. Eye witness said the shooter had an assault riffle. (sic)"
A statement from The Science Channel and Discovery Channel later confirmed that Belleci and Imahara were safe after being in the terminal at the time of the shooting, and thanked "the members of the LAPD, Airport Police, TSA, and Virgin America staff for restoring safety to the scene."
Former Jonas Brother Nick Jonas tweeted that his plane was re-directed during the shooting, adding, "Currently waiting on the plane in a remote parking area. I am safe. Praying for the victims of this shooting."
Glee actress Amber Riley tweeted, "I have family that work at LAX. God, what is happening in this world. Smh. Prayers up."
After flying in from New York, Dancing With The Stars host Tom Bergeron tweeted out a picture to his followers, along with the message, "Flew 3000 miles from NY. LAX is in shutdown. Now we're all walking."
Authorities have confirmed that the shooter, who they believe acted alone, has been taken into custody, and several victims have been transported to area hospitals. The Travel Safety Administration has confirmed that one agent was killed in the shooting.
It's the end of the Jo. Bros. era.
Kevin, 25, Joe, 24, and Nick, 21, have decided to call it quits, the band tells People.
"It's over for now," Kevin tells the magazine.
"It's really hard to say 'forever,'" Nick adds. "[But] we're closing a chapter, for sure."
According to Joe, the decision was "unanimous."
The Jonas Brothers canceled their tour on October 9, due to a "deep rift within the band," their spokesperson confirmed at the time the news broke. People reports that the band had a meeting on October 3rd, where Nick -- who has branched out with a solo album and acting gigs -- confessed to his brothers that he had "serious concerns about the future of the band."
"I was feeling kind of trapped," he admits. "I needed to share my heart with my brothers."
Their official Twitter account, @JonasBrothers, has since been deactivated.
Musician Lou Reed has died at the age of 71.
First reported by Rolling Stone, the rocker's cause of death has yet to be released, but the publication points out that Reed had a liver transplant in May.
Reed, who was with the Velvet Underground in the late '60s, is best known for his songs Walk on the Wild Side, Satellite of Love and his decades in the rock music world.
Bob Barker is returning to The Price Is Right!
CBS announced on Tuesday that the former longtime host of the popular game show will join the show on Thursday, December 12 for his 90th birthday.
Barker will be honored on the show throughout the week of December 9 through pet adoptions, a cause he frequently pledged his support for while hosting the show.
Following his retirement as host of the show in 2007 after 35 years of tenure, Barker has only once returned to the show, an appearance in 2009 to promote a new autobiography.
While the beloved host will likely leave the hosting up to current host Drew Carey, Barker will at least appear in the showcase portion of the show.
Michael Weatherly is a proud papa once again!
The NCIS actor revealed on Twitter that his wife Bojana Janković gave birth to a 10-pound baby boy on Tuesday, the second for the couple, who married in 2009.
Weatherly and his wife, who had a baby girl named Olivia in April 2012, named their child Liam.
The 45-year-old actor has a 17-year-old son with his ex-wife, actress Amelia Heinle, whom he divorced in 1997.
Congrats to Weatherly and his wife on the exciting news!
More On: NCIS
- Man from Wayne is accused of exposing himself to children in Augusta
- Lawmakers respond to voicemail Gov. LePage left for Democratic legislator
- New school unveiled that will serve all RSU 64 students K - 5
- American Folk Festival caters to sign language users
- Cruise ship season in Bar Harbor at its peak
- Herring shortage worsens that is affecting Maine lobstermen
- Governor in hot water over comments that he's kept binder of mug shots of drug dealers
- Sportsman's Alliance of Maine is not happy about National Monument decision
- Hampden man arrested on heroin charges
- 2nd Annual "Cruisin for CM & SM" to spread awareness of not so rare disease
- A woman who attempted to buy a couple of Happy Meals for some children isn't so happy today
- Man accused of severely beating his child is now out on bail
- Guilford celebrates 200 years
- End in sight for Ellsworth road work
- 17-year-old accused of robbing cab
- Justice Department will probe metro Phoenix sheriff Arpaio
- University of Chicago gives 'safe spaces' an F
- Black pastor: African Americans should take chance on Trump
- Trump: Clinton supports programs that don't help blacks
- Rare Apple-1 computer built by Jobs and Wozniak in 1976 sells for $815,000
- Ohio Senate hopeful distances himself from Donald Trump
- Can Trump gain Latino vote, while not alienating base?
- Judge blocks transgender bathroom law for 3 plaintiffs
- Colombia awaiting definitive cease-fire announcement from FARC
- Second State Dept. unit conducted probe into mysterious deletion
- Foodies are fired up for this year's US Open
- Lawmakers call Maine governor unhinged after obscene tirade
- Man who took girlfriend from hospital waives extradition
- Peter Banad Test
- The new GDP numbers are terrible. No wonder Hillary won’t talk about the economy
- 'Making a Murderer' attorney seeks more evidence testing
- FBI won't pursue hate crime charges in scalding water attack
- Depraved new ISIS video shows child executioners gunning down Kurds
- 'Making A Murderer': Steven Avery's Attorney Seeks More Evidence Testing
- 'Little Women: LA's' Terra Jolé & Babyface Headed To 'Dancing With The Stars'
- Khloé Kardashian Shares Her Newest Fitness Secret & Calls Sister Kim Her 'Body Motivation'
- Billionaire Richard Branson Survives Bike Crash
- Britney Spears Gets Revealing In Carpool Karaoke Segment With James Corden
- Brazilian Police Have Charged Ryan Lochte With Filing False Robbery Report
- Scott Eastwood Makes 'Emotional Call' To Late Ex-Girlfriend's Father 2 Years After Her Death
- Michael Phelps, Final Five Gymnasts To Present At MTV VMAs
- Sarah Jessica Parker Cuts Ties With EpiPen After Price Hike
- Chloë Grace Moretz & More To Be Honored At Napa Valley Film Festival
- Dwayne Johnson Beats Out Robert Downey Jr. To Top Forbes' Highest-Paid Actors List
- 'Supernatural's' Ackles & Padalecki Added To Entertainment Weekly's PopFest
- US men's champions Rippon, Brown to compete in Classic
- Sharper files notice of appeal in federal rape case
- Patrick Reed builds a 2-shot lead at Bethpage Black
- O's activate McFarland, designate Ondrusek for assignment
- Long-shot Cardullo called up by Rockies
- Baylor kicking off season could be 'good therapy' in Waco
- US Open top seeds Williams, Djokovic coming off injuries
- Fantasy Football: Adrian Peterson still top running back
- 5 Washington Redskins Headed For Breakout Seasons in 2016
- Baltimore Orioles fans: Max Scherzer says be quiet if you come out at all
- Dredge hits 66 to grab 3-shot lead in Denmark
- Rangers reliever Jeremy Jeffress charged with DWI in Dallas