- Category: Entertainment Tonight
- Created on Saturday, 02 November 2013 04:00
- Written by Fox Bangor / ABC 7 News Team
- Hits: 911
What had ETonline readers buzzing this week?
Several celebrities took to social media Friday morning to voice concern over the shooting that took place at the Los Angeles International Airport.
Actor James Franco Instagrammed a pic from his airplane, captioning, "At #lax Some s** tbag shot up the place."
Additionally, MythBusters star Tory Belleci, who along with co-host Grant Imahara was in the airport at the time and evacuated, sent out several tweets about the ongoing situation, including, "We are being shuttled away from the terminal now. Eye witness said the shooter had an assault riffle. (sic)"
A statement from The Science Channel and Discovery Channel later confirmed that Belleci and Imahara were safe after being in the terminal at the time of the shooting, and thanked "the members of the LAPD, Airport Police, TSA, and Virgin America staff for restoring safety to the scene."
Former Jonas Brother Nick Jonas tweeted that his plane was re-directed during the shooting, adding, "Currently waiting on the plane in a remote parking area. I am safe. Praying for the victims of this shooting."
Glee actress Amber Riley tweeted, "I have family that work at LAX. God, what is happening in this world. Smh. Prayers up."
After flying in from New York, Dancing With The Stars host Tom Bergeron tweeted out a picture to his followers, along with the message, "Flew 3000 miles from NY. LAX is in shutdown. Now we're all walking."
Authorities have confirmed that the shooter, who they believe acted alone, has been taken into custody, and several victims have been transported to area hospitals. The Travel Safety Administration has confirmed that one agent was killed in the shooting.
It's the end of the Jo. Bros. era.
Kevin, 25, Joe, 24, and Nick, 21, have decided to call it quits, the band tells People.
"It's over for now," Kevin tells the magazine.
"It's really hard to say 'forever,'" Nick adds. "[But] we're closing a chapter, for sure."
According to Joe, the decision was "unanimous."
The Jonas Brothers canceled their tour on October 9, due to a "deep rift within the band," their spokesperson confirmed at the time the news broke. People reports that the band had a meeting on October 3rd, where Nick -- who has branched out with a solo album and acting gigs -- confessed to his brothers that he had "serious concerns about the future of the band."
"I was feeling kind of trapped," he admits. "I needed to share my heart with my brothers."
Their official Twitter account, @JonasBrothers, has since been deactivated.
Musician Lou Reed has died at the age of 71.
First reported by Rolling Stone, the rocker's cause of death has yet to be released, but the publication points out that Reed had a liver transplant in May.
Reed, who was with the Velvet Underground in the late '60s, is best known for his songs Walk on the Wild Side, Satellite of Love and his decades in the rock music world.
Bob Barker is returning to The Price Is Right!
CBS announced on Tuesday that the former longtime host of the popular game show will join the show on Thursday, December 12 for his 90th birthday.
Barker will be honored on the show throughout the week of December 9 through pet adoptions, a cause he frequently pledged his support for while hosting the show.
Following his retirement as host of the show in 2007 after 35 years of tenure, Barker has only once returned to the show, an appearance in 2009 to promote a new autobiography.
While the beloved host will likely leave the hosting up to current host Drew Carey, Barker will at least appear in the showcase portion of the show.
Michael Weatherly is a proud papa once again!
The NCIS actor revealed on Twitter that his wife Bojana Janković gave birth to a 10-pound baby boy on Tuesday, the second for the couple, who married in 2009.
Weatherly and his wife, who had a baby girl named Olivia in April 2012, named their child Liam.
The 45-year-old actor has a 17-year-old son with his ex-wife, actress Amelia Heinle, whom he divorced in 1997.
Congrats to Weatherly and his wife on the exciting news!
More On: NCIS
- Fair Haven Camp finding ways to help kids
- A man from Vinalhaven is accused of attacking a woman and a young boy
- A Bangor man will spend a year and a half in prison for selling cocaine
- A Surry man is hospitalized after a near drowning in Sullivan
- DHHS issues a warning to remind people to wash your hands at fairs and stay safe
- Regulators level playing field with herring limits expanded to Massachusetts
- Proposed changes to Baxter Woods in Portland
- Waterville budget causing contreversy
- MDOT announces Union St. bridge work
- Fire destroys Waldoboro house
- Dover Foxcroft man is accused of selling illegal drugs in the Belfast area
- Man takes plea deal in Old Port shooting and now will testify against other defendant
- Three transported to hospital after multi-vehicle crash in Hampden
- Sex offender waiting on sentence
- Pillsbury sentenced to 50 years for murdering girlfriend in 2013
- Warren man gets eight months in jail
- Congressman tours two facilities while pushing for protecting and growing jobs in Maine
- IOC decides against complete ban on Russians from Rio Olympics
- AP Source: IOC decides against complete ban on Russians from Rio Olympics
- 'The fix was in': Trump camp stokes Dem tensions over emails suggesting anti-Sanders bias
- Sanders to speak at convention, while DNC Chair Wasserman Schultz reportedly sidelined
- Dem boss reportedly sidelined at convention, Sanders demands new leadership
- Remains found believed to be missing Ohio college student
- Munich killer had planned his attack for a year, investigators reveal
- Burned body found as wildfire burns near Los Angeles
- ASEAN split on how to deal with China in South China Sea row
- Four people killed, child injured in shooting at Texas apartment complex
- Hungary prime minister says Trump is better candidate for Europe
- Hundreds honor teen suffering from fatal disease at prom-themed party
- Wildfire north of Los Angeles prompts hundreds of home evacuations
- DNC rules committee turns back effort to abolish superdelegates
- Clinton, Sanders compromise could limit role of superdelegates in future campaigns
- Toxic algae bloom closes Utah lake, sickens more than 100 people
- University of Florida linebacker stops sexual assault
- University of Florida linebacker stops sexual assault outside bar
- Brie Larson Cast As 'Captain Marvel'
- Rihanna To Join 'Bates Motel' Cast To Play Famous Janet Leigh 'Psycho' Scene
- Rihanna Cast For Famous 'Psycho' Shower Scene In 'Bates Motel' Finale
- Comic-Con: 'Fear The Walking Dead' Introduces Newest Cast Member
- Former 'Bachelor' Ben Higgins Has Decided Not To Run For Public Office In Colorado
- Bobby Brown Welcomes Third Child With Wife Alicia Etheredge
- Justin Bieber Drops New Track 'Cold Water' With Major Lazer
- Edward Snowden On Oliver Stone's Film About Him: It's A "Pretty Accurate Portrayal."
- Edward Snowden On Oliver Stone's Film About Him: It's A "Pretty Accurate Portrayal"
- MTV's 'Teen Wolf' To End After 6 Seasons
- Estate Of Former Beatle George Harrison Doesn't Want Donald Trump Using His Music
- Estate Of Former Beatle George Harrison Doesn't Want Donald Trump Using Harrison's Music
- St. Louis Rams give fans 1 more chance to relive memories
- Bengals release safety Taylor Mays
- South Korea, Japan advance in UL International Crown
- Everything you need to know about the Brickyard 400
- All hype aside, who really has what it takes to win today's race?
- Twins outlast Red Sox for 11-9 win
- Davies shuts down Cubs, leads Brewers to 6-1 win
- Giancarlo Stanton, Jose Fernandez help Marlins bounce back against Mets
- Britain's Konta rides big serve to reach first career final
- Van der Zande, Popow win at Lime Rock Park
- Former tennis player Mardy Fiush leads Tahoe celebrity golf
- Eun Jeong Seong wins second straight US Girls' Junior