- Category: Entertainment Tonight
- Created on Saturday, 02 November 2013 04:00
- Written by Fox Bangor / ABC 7 News Team
- Hits: 898
What had ETonline readers buzzing this week?
Several celebrities took to social media Friday morning to voice concern over the shooting that took place at the Los Angeles International Airport.
Actor James Franco Instagrammed a pic from his airplane, captioning, "At #lax Some s** tbag shot up the place."
Additionally, MythBusters star Tory Belleci, who along with co-host Grant Imahara was in the airport at the time and evacuated, sent out several tweets about the ongoing situation, including, "We are being shuttled away from the terminal now. Eye witness said the shooter had an assault riffle. (sic)"
A statement from The Science Channel and Discovery Channel later confirmed that Belleci and Imahara were safe after being in the terminal at the time of the shooting, and thanked "the members of the LAPD, Airport Police, TSA, and Virgin America staff for restoring safety to the scene."
Former Jonas Brother Nick Jonas tweeted that his plane was re-directed during the shooting, adding, "Currently waiting on the plane in a remote parking area. I am safe. Praying for the victims of this shooting."
Glee actress Amber Riley tweeted, "I have family that work at LAX. God, what is happening in this world. Smh. Prayers up."
After flying in from New York, Dancing With The Stars host Tom Bergeron tweeted out a picture to his followers, along with the message, "Flew 3000 miles from NY. LAX is in shutdown. Now we're all walking."
Authorities have confirmed that the shooter, who they believe acted alone, has been taken into custody, and several victims have been transported to area hospitals. The Travel Safety Administration has confirmed that one agent was killed in the shooting.
It's the end of the Jo. Bros. era.
Kevin, 25, Joe, 24, and Nick, 21, have decided to call it quits, the band tells People.
"It's over for now," Kevin tells the magazine.
"It's really hard to say 'forever,'" Nick adds. "[But] we're closing a chapter, for sure."
According to Joe, the decision was "unanimous."
The Jonas Brothers canceled their tour on October 9, due to a "deep rift within the band," their spokesperson confirmed at the time the news broke. People reports that the band had a meeting on October 3rd, where Nick -- who has branched out with a solo album and acting gigs -- confessed to his brothers that he had "serious concerns about the future of the band."
"I was feeling kind of trapped," he admits. "I needed to share my heart with my brothers."
Their official Twitter account, @JonasBrothers, has since been deactivated.
Musician Lou Reed has died at the age of 71.
First reported by Rolling Stone, the rocker's cause of death has yet to be released, but the publication points out that Reed had a liver transplant in May.
Reed, who was with the Velvet Underground in the late '60s, is best known for his songs Walk on the Wild Side, Satellite of Love and his decades in the rock music world.
Bob Barker is returning to The Price Is Right!
CBS announced on Tuesday that the former longtime host of the popular game show will join the show on Thursday, December 12 for his 90th birthday.
Barker will be honored on the show throughout the week of December 9 through pet adoptions, a cause he frequently pledged his support for while hosting the show.
Following his retirement as host of the show in 2007 after 35 years of tenure, Barker has only once returned to the show, an appearance in 2009 to promote a new autobiography.
While the beloved host will likely leave the hosting up to current host Drew Carey, Barker will at least appear in the showcase portion of the show.
Michael Weatherly is a proud papa once again!
The NCIS actor revealed on Twitter that his wife Bojana Janković gave birth to a 10-pound baby boy on Tuesday, the second for the couple, who married in 2009.
Weatherly and his wife, who had a baby girl named Olivia in April 2012, named their child Liam.
The 45-year-old actor has a 17-year-old son with his ex-wife, actress Amelia Heinle, whom he divorced in 1997.
Congrats to Weatherly and his wife on the exciting news!
More On: NCIS
- Man arrested for OUI days after cleared of previous charge
- Staples gives away free "thank you" cards for teachers
- Applications open for Environmental Excellence Awards
- Narcan veto overturned
- Penobscot County Sheriff's Office help combat identity theft
- Downtown Bangor clean-up scheduled for tomorrow
- Local students help veterans with their spring cleaning
- New testing in an old case suggest a Jane Doe in Ohio may be from Maine
- Veazie man stabbed at Portland restaurant
- Husson student Jillian Kerr gets award for diabetes project with Wabanaki
- Collaboration is key in University of Maine Ocean Technology Seminar
- Students take part in wildfire training
- School custodian accused of sexual touching is placed on paid leave
- Bangor Shrine Circus at Cross Center this weekend
- Driver who overdoses in vehicle was given narcan by first responders
- Rockport man sentenced for drunk driving death
- High court upholds conviction of priest serving time for sexually assaulting altar server
- Cruz wins majority of delegates at Virginia convention
- Trump: 'Convoluted' interview questioning caused abortion remarks
- Starbucks faces $5M lawsuit over amount of ice in its iced beverages
- British Airways passenger plane intercepted by Hungarian fighter jets
- Man charged with raping fellow Fort Bragg soldier
- Trump backers furious over defeat at Arizona GOP convention
- New Jersey police officer reportedly investigated for brake-checking motorist
- Kenya burns tons of ivory tusks to protest poaching
- Nissan recalls over 4 million cars over possible air bag, safety belt failures
- Lost in the seat cushions, there's $100 million in spare change
- Parents honor murdered aid worker Kayla Mueller by pressing UN, Washington to fight ISIS
- Iraqi protesters pour into heavily fortified Green Zone, storm parliament
- Obama takes his last shots at White House Correspondents' dinner
- Obama's last chance to zing Washington
- Openly gay rock singer changing tune on Mormon religion
- Woman struck and killed by duck boat in downtown Boston
- Woman struck, killed by duck boat in downtown Boston
- Cruz team attacks Trump for touting Tyson endorsement, while in Indiana
- 'Outlander': Stanley Weber On Filming 'La Dame Blanche' Dinner Party Scene
- Lady Gaga Takes A Spin On Bradley Cooper's Motorcycle -- See The Pics!
- Chrissy Teigen Shares Sweet Bath Time Pic Of Baby Luna & Almost Can't Handle The Cuteness
- Tori Kelly & Amy Grant Team Up For 'Baby Baby' Remake
- 'Maze Runner' Sequel Delays Production Further Due To Star Dylan O'Brien's Injuries
- 'West Wing' Star Allison Janney Cameos At White House Press Briefing
- Queen Elizabeth & Prince Harry Answer Obamas' Invictus Games Challenge -- Watch!
- Will Ferrell 'Not Pursuing' Ronald Reagan Comedy, Spokesman Says
- Gisele Bundchen Talks Husband Tom Brady's 'Great Sense Of Style': 'I'm Married To A Fashion Guy'
- 'The Vampire Diaries': Michael Malarkey On Enzo Tackling Rayna's List, Trying To Help Bonnie
- Official Whitney Houston Doc In The Works From Oscar-Winner
- Jodie Foster On Making 'Money Monster'
- Jets invite cousin of Odell Beckham for rookie camp tryout
- Hit on Maatta and late shoves put Orpik under microscope
- ASU's Westerman goes in 4th round to Bengals, Lucien in 7th to Patriots
- Jets invite cousin of Giants' Beckham for rookie camp tryout
- Fehr tiebreaker lifts Pens past Caps 2-1 to tie series 1-all
- Nunez gives Mazda first IMSA pole at Laguna Seca
- Chargers take J.J. Watt's brother, Derek, in 6th round
- Last-place Leafs win NHL draft lottery; Jets jump to 2nd
- SE Louisiana's Miller happy to be a Cardinal
- Raiders trade up to take QB Cook in 4th round of NFL draft
- Johnson has 2 goals and assist, Lightning beat Islanders 4-1
- Sadler wins Xfinity Series race at Talladega after OT wreck