- Category: Entertainment Tonight
- Created on Saturday, 02 November 2013 04:00
- Written by Fox Bangor / ABC 7 News Team
- Hits: 910
What had ETonline readers buzzing this week?
Several celebrities took to social media Friday morning to voice concern over the shooting that took place at the Los Angeles International Airport.
Actor James Franco Instagrammed a pic from his airplane, captioning, "At #lax Some s** tbag shot up the place."
Additionally, MythBusters star Tory Belleci, who along with co-host Grant Imahara was in the airport at the time and evacuated, sent out several tweets about the ongoing situation, including, "We are being shuttled away from the terminal now. Eye witness said the shooter had an assault riffle. (sic)"
A statement from The Science Channel and Discovery Channel later confirmed that Belleci and Imahara were safe after being in the terminal at the time of the shooting, and thanked "the members of the LAPD, Airport Police, TSA, and Virgin America staff for restoring safety to the scene."
Former Jonas Brother Nick Jonas tweeted that his plane was re-directed during the shooting, adding, "Currently waiting on the plane in a remote parking area. I am safe. Praying for the victims of this shooting."
Glee actress Amber Riley tweeted, "I have family that work at LAX. God, what is happening in this world. Smh. Prayers up."
After flying in from New York, Dancing With The Stars host Tom Bergeron tweeted out a picture to his followers, along with the message, "Flew 3000 miles from NY. LAX is in shutdown. Now we're all walking."
Authorities have confirmed that the shooter, who they believe acted alone, has been taken into custody, and several victims have been transported to area hospitals. The Travel Safety Administration has confirmed that one agent was killed in the shooting.
It's the end of the Jo. Bros. era.
Kevin, 25, Joe, 24, and Nick, 21, have decided to call it quits, the band tells People.
"It's over for now," Kevin tells the magazine.
"It's really hard to say 'forever,'" Nick adds. "[But] we're closing a chapter, for sure."
According to Joe, the decision was "unanimous."
The Jonas Brothers canceled their tour on October 9, due to a "deep rift within the band," their spokesperson confirmed at the time the news broke. People reports that the band had a meeting on October 3rd, where Nick -- who has branched out with a solo album and acting gigs -- confessed to his brothers that he had "serious concerns about the future of the band."
"I was feeling kind of trapped," he admits. "I needed to share my heart with my brothers."
Their official Twitter account, @JonasBrothers, has since been deactivated.
Musician Lou Reed has died at the age of 71.
First reported by Rolling Stone, the rocker's cause of death has yet to be released, but the publication points out that Reed had a liver transplant in May.
Reed, who was with the Velvet Underground in the late '60s, is best known for his songs Walk on the Wild Side, Satellite of Love and his decades in the rock music world.
Bob Barker is returning to The Price Is Right!
CBS announced on Tuesday that the former longtime host of the popular game show will join the show on Thursday, December 12 for his 90th birthday.
Barker will be honored on the show throughout the week of December 9 through pet adoptions, a cause he frequently pledged his support for while hosting the show.
Following his retirement as host of the show in 2007 after 35 years of tenure, Barker has only once returned to the show, an appearance in 2009 to promote a new autobiography.
While the beloved host will likely leave the hosting up to current host Drew Carey, Barker will at least appear in the showcase portion of the show.
Michael Weatherly is a proud papa once again!
The NCIS actor revealed on Twitter that his wife Bojana Janković gave birth to a 10-pound baby boy on Tuesday, the second for the couple, who married in 2009.
Weatherly and his wife, who had a baby girl named Olivia in April 2012, named their child Liam.
The 45-year-old actor has a 17-year-old son with his ex-wife, actress Amelia Heinle, whom he divorced in 1997.
Congrats to Weatherly and his wife on the exciting news!
More On: NCIS
- Glidden Auto Body Open House gives car away
- Celebrating Husson through concerts and outdoor activities
- Camden National Bank donates to 29 area food banks
- Reports of a very large snake that has not yet been found
- Sen. King introduces bill to help families
- 48 people lose their jobs as Cascades Auburn Fiber Mill closes
- Fire destroys home in Southern Maine as several horses and a dog are rescued
- Body can lose function 10 minutes in cold water
- A man accused of molesting a little girl in Owls Head is awaiting his sentence
- Senators Collins and King call for a vote on gun control
- Local radio station hold telethon for Camp Capella
- Bolthouse Farms voluntarily recalls protein beverages due to possible spoilage
- Referendum questions agreed upon
- Former MSAD 55 ed tech in court, is accused of impregnating student
- Brunswick police officer arrested after being accused of sending obscene material to minor
- A trucker accused of manslaughter says he is not guilty
- A part of Downtown Bangor is a bit more colorful this weekend
- Brexit remorse? UK lawmaker calls for Parliament to ignore EU referendum
- Oil battle pits energy companies vs. tribes, climate activists
- George Will says GOP Trump message is what made him leave
- West Virginia senator on deadly flooding: 'I've never seen anything like it'
- Mayor carjacked at gunpoint in city where Trayvon Martin was killed
- 3 scary eBay scams costing shoppers
- Iraqi commander: Fallujah 'fully liberated' from ISIS
- Britain's Labour Party in open revolt over result of EU vote
- Gangster 'Whitey' Bulger's possessions fetch more than $100G at auction
- Clinton campaign offers chance to see 'Hamilton'-- at a cost
- 3 killed as boat capsizes off California's Catalina Island
- Possible human remains found in deadly California wildfire
- Authorities say three missing women all met same man online
- No ‘Texit’: Trump says Texas ‘will never’ secede, amid renewed calls
- Arizona authorities say 3 missing women met same man online
- F. Lee Bailey, OJ Simpson's attorney, files for bankruptcy
- At least 14 reported dead after al-Shabab gunmen storm Somali hotel
- Brexit remorse? UK lawmaker calls for Parliament to ignore EU referendum as millions call for second vote
- 'Outlander' Q&A: Gary Lewis On Colum's Requests For Jamie & Claire In 'The Hail Mary' Episode
- Kanye West Tweets 'Can Somebody Sue Me Already' The Day After Releasing His 'Famous' Video
- Kanye West Tweets (& Later Deletes) 'Can Somebody Sue Me Already' The Day After Releasing His 'Famous' Video (Updated)
- Audrina Patridge & Corey Bohan Welcome Baby Girl
- Kevin Hart Explains Fake Burglar Instagram Post
- Bernie Worrell, Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist, Dies At 72
- Auction Of Whitney Houston Memorabilia Earns $500,000
- Chloë Grace Moretz Reveals She Wanted Plastic Surgery At 16
- 'Walking Dead' Prepares To Live Year-Round At Universal Studios Hollywood
- 'Top Gun' Actress Kelly McGillis Attacked At North Carolina Home
- 'Game Of Thrones': Gemma Whelan On Yara's Interaction With Daenerys, The Greyjoys' Bond
- 'Independence Day' Co-Stars Jeff Goldblum & Liam Hemsworth Are BFFs
- Sacramento State, Fresno State extend series
- Patience key for Spain against Italy's tough defense
- Gray, Santiago symbolize mound struggles for A's, Angels
- Red Sox-Rangers preview
- Christopher Bell wins wild NASCAR Truck race at Gateway
- Ben Simmons' cousin killed in New Jersey hit-and-run
- Former Lions receiver Calvin Johnson says he was 'fed up' when he retired
- Torii Hunter Jr signs with Angels, will still play football
- Kelly Johnson homers in 11th as Mets top Braves 1-0
- Altuve gets 4 hits; Astros top Royals 13-5, win 7th straight
- Former Vols pay tribute to Phillip Fulmer at charity roast
- Orioles hit 4 HRs to beat Rays 8-6 for doubleheader sweep