- Category: Entertainment Tonight
- Created on Saturday, 02 November 2013 04:00
- Written by Fox Bangor / ABC 7 News Team
- Hits: 906
What had ETonline readers buzzing this week?
Several celebrities took to social media Friday morning to voice concern over the shooting that took place at the Los Angeles International Airport.
Actor James Franco Instagrammed a pic from his airplane, captioning, "At #lax Some s** tbag shot up the place."
Additionally, MythBusters star Tory Belleci, who along with co-host Grant Imahara was in the airport at the time and evacuated, sent out several tweets about the ongoing situation, including, "We are being shuttled away from the terminal now. Eye witness said the shooter had an assault riffle. (sic)"
A statement from The Science Channel and Discovery Channel later confirmed that Belleci and Imahara were safe after being in the terminal at the time of the shooting, and thanked "the members of the LAPD, Airport Police, TSA, and Virgin America staff for restoring safety to the scene."
Former Jonas Brother Nick Jonas tweeted that his plane was re-directed during the shooting, adding, "Currently waiting on the plane in a remote parking area. I am safe. Praying for the victims of this shooting."
Glee actress Amber Riley tweeted, "I have family that work at LAX. God, what is happening in this world. Smh. Prayers up."
After flying in from New York, Dancing With The Stars host Tom Bergeron tweeted out a picture to his followers, along with the message, "Flew 3000 miles from NY. LAX is in shutdown. Now we're all walking."
Authorities have confirmed that the shooter, who they believe acted alone, has been taken into custody, and several victims have been transported to area hospitals. The Travel Safety Administration has confirmed that one agent was killed in the shooting.
It's the end of the Jo. Bros. era.
Kevin, 25, Joe, 24, and Nick, 21, have decided to call it quits, the band tells People.
"It's over for now," Kevin tells the magazine.
"It's really hard to say 'forever,'" Nick adds. "[But] we're closing a chapter, for sure."
According to Joe, the decision was "unanimous."
The Jonas Brothers canceled their tour on October 9, due to a "deep rift within the band," their spokesperson confirmed at the time the news broke. People reports that the band had a meeting on October 3rd, where Nick -- who has branched out with a solo album and acting gigs -- confessed to his brothers that he had "serious concerns about the future of the band."
"I was feeling kind of trapped," he admits. "I needed to share my heart with my brothers."
Their official Twitter account, @JonasBrothers, has since been deactivated.
Musician Lou Reed has died at the age of 71.
First reported by Rolling Stone, the rocker's cause of death has yet to be released, but the publication points out that Reed had a liver transplant in May.
Reed, who was with the Velvet Underground in the late '60s, is best known for his songs Walk on the Wild Side, Satellite of Love and his decades in the rock music world.
Bob Barker is returning to The Price Is Right!
CBS announced on Tuesday that the former longtime host of the popular game show will join the show on Thursday, December 12 for his 90th birthday.
Barker will be honored on the show throughout the week of December 9 through pet adoptions, a cause he frequently pledged his support for while hosting the show.
Following his retirement as host of the show in 2007 after 35 years of tenure, Barker has only once returned to the show, an appearance in 2009 to promote a new autobiography.
While the beloved host will likely leave the hosting up to current host Drew Carey, Barker will at least appear in the showcase portion of the show.
Michael Weatherly is a proud papa once again!
The NCIS actor revealed on Twitter that his wife Bojana Janković gave birth to a 10-pound baby boy on Tuesday, the second for the couple, who married in 2009.
Weatherly and his wife, who had a baby girl named Olivia in April 2012, named their child Liam.
The 45-year-old actor has a 17-year-old son with his ex-wife, actress Amelia Heinle, whom he divorced in 1997.
Congrats to Weatherly and his wife on the exciting news!
More On: NCIS
- Crews search for missing man, rescue 7-year-old girl
- Controversy over RSU 19 budget
- Event to explore Bangor with city councilors
- Lawmakers to visit East Millinocket area to discuss proposed monument designation
- National Trails Day is a great time to volunteer
- Summit Project hikes Owl Mountain carrying stones memorializing Maine's fallen heroes
- Maine elver season ending soon and with high numbers
- Gas is still lower than last year this time
- Sunbury Village celebrated Memorial Day by raising money for Troop Greeters and Honor Flight
- Stop and go traffic on Maine Turnpike during holiday weekend exodus
- EMMC and BHS unveil new Penobscot Pavilion, focusing on history and family fun
- Lack of affordable housing to blame for staffing shortage in Boothbay Harbor
- AARP to hold "Scam Jam" to raise awareness about common scams
- Quick thinking by staff averts disasterous fire in assisted living home
- Fire destroys empty trailer home
- Celebrating soldiers from all branches at the Korean War Memorial
- Ceremony at Togus National Cemetery remembered fallen soldiers
- Memorial Day ceremony held in Bucksport
- Eat More Cheese opens new shop in Bangor
- Getting 'nervous'? Clinton plans California campaign spree as Sanders eyes upset
- At least 2 dead and nearly 60 others hospitalized after Florida music festival
- Plea deal done in Las Vegas for 'Pawn Stars' star Chumlee
- Police investigate parents of boy rescued from gorilla
- Police consider possible charges after gorilla killed at Cincinnati Zoo
- General Mills recalls flour over possible E. coli link
- First baby born with Zika-linked microcephaly in New York tri-state area
- Lawyers for Clinton aide block questioning on IT specialist who set up server
- Do Louisiana lawmakers really think the Declaration of Independence is racist and sexist?
- DOJ fights federal judge's order for lawyers to attend ethics training
- Jury finds 'Shield' actor Michael Jace guilty of second-degree murder
- Kaley Cuoco calls killing of gorilla 'senseless'
- Caught on video: Car runs over motorcycle in apparent case of road rage
- SiriusXM suspends Glenn Beck after guest's Trump comments
- Cramped to death? Flier says lack of legroom almost killed him
- Katie Couric takes blame for 'misleading' gap edited into gun documentary
- List of veterans groups receiving Trump fundraiser donations
- Letter from Thomas Jefferson blasts Alexander Hamilton's love of 'every thing English'
- 'Powers': How Will The Characters Be Affected By Retro Girl's Death?
- Jury Finds 'The Shield' Actor Michael Jace Guilty Of Wife's Murder
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Joins Emily Blunt In 'Mary Poppins Returns'
- Jena Malone Welcomes First Child With Boyfriend Ethan DeLorenzo
- 'Harry Potter And The Cursed Child': See Harry, Ginny & Albus' First Family Portrait
- Lawyers Say Johnny Depp's Estranged Wife Amber Heard Gave Statement To Police
- Bryan Cranston Helping 'Breaking Bad' Co-Star In Race For New Mexico County Seat
- Adele Calls Out Fan For Filming Show Instead Of Watching It
- Katie Couric Addresses 'Under The Gun' Edit
- Ronnie Wood & Wife Welcome Twins
- Cam Newton Brings Nickelodeon Series To White House
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Tops Weekend Box Office
- Kings guard Darren Collison arrested on domestic violence charge
- Rays reliever Brad Boxberger leaves with injury in first game back
- Two more Baylor staffers out in wake of sex assault scandal
- Jose Fernandez sensational again in Miami as Marlins hold off Pirates
- US Soccer asks EEOC to dismiss wage discrimination complaint
- Jon Jones trashes 'paper champ' Daniel Cormier
- Mariners rout Shields, Padres 16-4
- Brewers' Villar most-added fantasy baseball waiver wire claim
- NBA Finals Prediction: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors Simulation
- Suspended wide receiver Antonio Callaway not enrolled for summer at Florida
- Twins' Mauer wins AL Player of the Week award
- Coach Steve Desimone steps down after 37 years at Cal