- Category: Entertainment Tonight
- Created on Saturday, 07 September 2013 05:00
- Written by Fox Bangor / ABC 7 News Team
- Hits: 1103
What had ETonline readers buzzing this week?
The season 17 cast of Dancing With the Stars was revealed on Wednesday's (Sept.
The new season of DWTS celebrities and their pro partners are:
-King Of Queens star Leah Remini and Tony Dovolani
-Glee girl Amber Riley and Derek Hough
-Jersey Shore star Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi and Sasha Farber
-NFL pro Keyshawn Johnson and Sharna Burgess
-The Mary Tyler Moore Show actress Valerie Harper and Tristan McManus
-Pretty Little Liars star Brant Daugherty and Peta Murgatroyd
-Pop star Christina Milian and Mark Ballas
-Saved By the Bell's Elizabeth Berkley and Val Chmerkovskiy
-Bill Nye the Science Guy and Tyne Stecklein
-High School Musical alum Corbin Bleu and Karina Smirnoff
-Comedian Bill Engvall and Emma Slater
-Reality TV star Jack Osbourne and Cheryl Burke
-Dancing With the Stars returns to ABC in a special two-hour premiere on Monday, September 16.
Since first announcing on Labor Day that the Fifty Shades Of Grey leads would be played by 33-year-old Charlie Hunnam and 23-year-old Dakota Johnson, nearly 18,000 people have signed a petition to have White Collar star Matthew Bomer and Gilmore Girls actress Alexis Bledel replace the actors in the roles of Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele.
The petition posted on Change.org reads: "Matt Bomer is the PERFECT DESCRIPTION OF CHRISTIAN GREY AND ALEXIS BLEDEL IS THE PERFECT ACTRESS TO REPRESENT ANASTASIA STEELE and if THEY ARE NOT, NOBODY WILL BE And I read the whole trilogy and I can assure that Matt is the perfect actor for this movie and Alexis too. So please PLEASE, all of the GREYsessed and Bomerettes in the world NEED those actors. They always will be for us the Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele. WE CAN DO ANYTHING GUYS, ANYTHING."
Meanwhile, writer E.L. James and producers Dana Brunetti and Michael De Luca took to Twitter to defend their casting decisions. James, 50, wrote:
"To all the supporters, lovers and haters - thank you so much for the passion that you have for this project. You all rock. All of you."
Brunetti followed that up by tweeting: "There is a lot that goes into casting that isn't just looks. Talent, availability, their desire to do it, chemistry with other actor, etc."
ETonline caught up with Bomer shortly after to get his take on the hubbub.
"I'm so grateful for the fans and touched," Bomer told ETonline exclusively. "I'm looking forward to seeing the movie with Charlie and Dakota."
Katie Couric has found love once again. The 56-year-old TV host's boyfriend of two years, John Molner, has put a ring on it!
Molner, 50, asked for Couric's hand in marriage with a "spectacular diamond ring" during a beach sunset in East Hampton, New York over the Labor Day weekend, People confirms. The news was also spilled on Tuesday's Good Morning America.
Couric has been a widow since 1998 when her husband Jay Monahan passed away from colon cancer. Molner will become a step-dad to the journalist's two daughters with Monahan, Ellie, 21, and Carrie, 17.
Couric's engagement isn't the only good news she has in store for fans this month! Her show Katie returns for a second season on Sept. 8, 2013.
Miley Cyrus shocked audiences with her scantily-clad, highly sexual performance at the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards, but despite her critics, the We Can't Stop singer is standing by her actions.
"Me and Robin [Thicke,] the whole time said, 'You know we're about to make history right now,'" Miley, 20, told MTV of her performance with the Blurred Lines singer, 36, at the Sunday night awards show. "What's amazing is I think now, we're three days later and people are still talking about it. They're over thinking it."
The former Disney star adds, "You're thinking about it more than I thought about it when I did it. Like, I didn't even think about it 'cause that's just me."
Miley goes on to compare her performance to past VMA shows, saying, "How many times have we seen this play out in pop music? ...Madonna's done it. Britney's done it. Every VMA performance, that's what you're looking for; you're wanting to make history."
Saying of her haters, "I don't pay attention to the negative because I've seen this play out so many times."
Dancing with the Stars professional dancing partner Anna Trebunskaya won't be participating in this season of the dancing show, but with an exciting twist.
Us Weekly reports that the 32-year-old Russian dancer is four months pregnant with her first child.
"It wasn't planned, but when it happened, I thought, 'This is perfect. I'm ready to be a mom,'" Trebunskaya told Us. "This is something really good for me and fulfilling, and it'll give me a whole new meaning in life. I'm really looking forward to it."
Trebunskaya announced her divorce from her husband of nine years, professional ballroom dancer Jonathan Roberts, last October and has decided not to reveal the identity of her child's father.
The dancer, who first moved to the U.S. at 17 years old, said that she discovered that she was pregnant when the last season of Dancing with the Stars ended in May.
"It was interesting because in the last six to eight months, I was saying to my friends, 'I'm ready for a change. I feel a change coming on,'" she said. "And sure enough, this is going to be one huge change!"
Trebunskaya has competed on a total of 10 season of Dancing with the Stars, beginning with Season 2 in 2006, in which she partnered with former NFL great Jerry Rice.
She has twice finished as runner-up on the show, with Rice and with figure skater Evan Lysacek, and has yet to win the show.
In her most recent appearance on the show last season, she finished in eleventh place with 98 Degrees singer Drew Lachey.
- Bangor Greendrinks holds welcome event for new brewery
- 100 Mile detour after rain
- Habitat gets ready for next build
- A search has ended for a missing fisherman in the Greenville area
- Heavy rains cause destruction in Western Maine
- More live music is coming to downtown Bangor
- Crack dealers heading to prison
- Police investigating six drug overdoses that are believed to be from same dealer
- Cause of Orrington fire revealed
- Autopsy in Greenville death complete, but not being released
- SCOTUS abortion ruling affects more than Texas
- Bangor councilors create "Circle of Caring"
- Students study stormwater run off at UMaine
- Bangor hosts 105th Annual Commissioner's Conference for Superintendents
- A convicted sex offender has been indicted on new charges
- Police seeking Hancock man for multiple charges
- US airstrikes kill at least 250 ISIS fighters in convoy outside Fallujah, official says
- Texas woman shot daughters to make husband 'suffer,' sheriff says
- Fox News Poll: Clinton up by 6 points, 89 percent say 'hot-headed' describes Trump
- Fox News Poll: Voters show anxiety about guns, terrorism
- Witness to terror: Journalist recounts how attack shattered honeymoon layover
- Grandfather involved in custody fight accused of killing 2 outside Arizona courthouse
- Man convicted in 'nanny cam' New Jersey home invasion beating gets life term
- Hugh Hefner seeks to dismiss case filed by Bill Cosby accuser
- Family of missing New York woman asks Shania Twain for help
- Innovative Navy-funded drone is master of the air and water
- Google Earth's new mapping system provides sharpest images of the planet yet
- Photos of American flags in piles at veterans cemetery spark anger
- Cops: 80-year-old man killed 81-year-old in cemetery over church loan
- Massive snake spotted slithering and snacking in Maine city, police warn
- Third-grader's innocent comment on baked goods triggers 911 call
- School blinks in battle with campus conservatives, Breitbart's Milo
- Crews rescue teens who vanished in Welsh mountains
- Air Force stands pat as Marines set to change titles to replace 'man'
- 49 Of Hollywood’s Elite Create Video To Honor All 49 Orlando Shooting Victims
- Film Academy Invites 683 New Members To Join
- University Of Connecticut Revokes Bill Cosby's Honorary Degree
- 2017 Hollywood Walk Of Fame Honorees Announced
- The Miss Teen USA Pageant Drops Swimsuit Portion Of Its Competition
- Kanye West & Adidas Expand Their Partnership With Retailers For Yeezy Products
- Billy Ray Cyrus and "America's Got Talent" Winner To Raise Funds For West Virginia Flood Victims
- Peta Murgatroyd And Maksim "Maks" Chmerkovskiy Expecting Their First Baby
- 'Ghostbusters' Star Leslie Jones: No Designer Will Help Me With A Premiere Dress
- 'Game Of Thrones' Director Miguel Sapochnik Talks Season 6 Finale – 'The Winds Of Winter'
- Chelsea Handler Discusses Her Past Abortions In Playboy Essay On Choice
- Pitt Among Stars Taking New Power Role: TV Producer
- Johnson says Olympic meeting clears up some concerns on Rio
- Wimbledon Lookahead: Some players still stuck in 1st round
- Colts give QB Andrew Luck $140M contract extension
- Judge tosses remaining claims against NFL over Romo event
- Colts extend Luck's contract through 2021 with $140M deal
- Matt Moore outpitches former teammate, Rays shut out Red Sox
- Rangers' Darvish (shoulder) throws 3-inning simulated game
- Braves call up De La Cruz to make debut against Indians
- Moore outpitches Price, Rays shut down Red Sox 4-0
- Lee-Anne Pace withdraws from Rio Games because of Zika
- CM Punk isn't ruling out a title run in the UFC
- Yankees to dedicate Rivera's Monument Park plaque on Aug 14