- Category: Entertainment Tonight
- Created on Saturday, 07 September 2013 05:00
- Written by Fox Bangor / ABC 7 News Team
- Hits: 1171
What had ETonline readers buzzing this week?
The season 17 cast of Dancing With the Stars was revealed on Wednesday's (Sept.
The new season of DWTS celebrities and their pro partners are:
-King Of Queens star Leah Remini and Tony Dovolani
-Glee girl Amber Riley and Derek Hough
-Jersey Shore star Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi and Sasha Farber
-NFL pro Keyshawn Johnson and Sharna Burgess
-The Mary Tyler Moore Show actress Valerie Harper and Tristan McManus
-Pretty Little Liars star Brant Daugherty and Peta Murgatroyd
-Pop star Christina Milian and Mark Ballas
-Saved By the Bell's Elizabeth Berkley and Val Chmerkovskiy
-Bill Nye the Science Guy and Tyne Stecklein
-High School Musical alum Corbin Bleu and Karina Smirnoff
-Comedian Bill Engvall and Emma Slater
-Reality TV star Jack Osbourne and Cheryl Burke
-Dancing With the Stars returns to ABC in a special two-hour premiere on Monday, September 16.
Since first announcing on Labor Day that the Fifty Shades Of Grey leads would be played by 33-year-old Charlie Hunnam and 23-year-old Dakota Johnson, nearly 18,000 people have signed a petition to have White Collar star Matthew Bomer and Gilmore Girls actress Alexis Bledel replace the actors in the roles of Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele.
The petition posted on Change.org reads: "Matt Bomer is the PERFECT DESCRIPTION OF CHRISTIAN GREY AND ALEXIS BLEDEL IS THE PERFECT ACTRESS TO REPRESENT ANASTASIA STEELE and if THEY ARE NOT, NOBODY WILL BE And I read the whole trilogy and I can assure that Matt is the perfect actor for this movie and Alexis too. So please PLEASE, all of the GREYsessed and Bomerettes in the world NEED those actors. They always will be for us the Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele. WE CAN DO ANYTHING GUYS, ANYTHING."
Meanwhile, writer E.L. James and producers Dana Brunetti and Michael De Luca took to Twitter to defend their casting decisions. James, 50, wrote:
"To all the supporters, lovers and haters - thank you so much for the passion that you have for this project. You all rock. All of you."
Brunetti followed that up by tweeting: "There is a lot that goes into casting that isn't just looks. Talent, availability, their desire to do it, chemistry with other actor, etc."
ETonline caught up with Bomer shortly after to get his take on the hubbub.
"I'm so grateful for the fans and touched," Bomer told ETonline exclusively. "I'm looking forward to seeing the movie with Charlie and Dakota."
Katie Couric has found love once again. The 56-year-old TV host's boyfriend of two years, John Molner, has put a ring on it!
Molner, 50, asked for Couric's hand in marriage with a "spectacular diamond ring" during a beach sunset in East Hampton, New York over the Labor Day weekend, People confirms. The news was also spilled on Tuesday's Good Morning America.
Couric has been a widow since 1998 when her husband Jay Monahan passed away from colon cancer. Molner will become a step-dad to the journalist's two daughters with Monahan, Ellie, 21, and Carrie, 17.
Couric's engagement isn't the only good news she has in store for fans this month! Her show Katie returns for a second season on Sept. 8, 2013.
Miley Cyrus shocked audiences with her scantily-clad, highly sexual performance at the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards, but despite her critics, the We Can't Stop singer is standing by her actions.
"Me and Robin [Thicke,] the whole time said, 'You know we're about to make history right now,'" Miley, 20, told MTV of her performance with the Blurred Lines singer, 36, at the Sunday night awards show. "What's amazing is I think now, we're three days later and people are still talking about it. They're over thinking it."
The former Disney star adds, "You're thinking about it more than I thought about it when I did it. Like, I didn't even think about it 'cause that's just me."
Miley goes on to compare her performance to past VMA shows, saying, "How many times have we seen this play out in pop music? ...Madonna's done it. Britney's done it. Every VMA performance, that's what you're looking for; you're wanting to make history."
Saying of her haters, "I don't pay attention to the negative because I've seen this play out so many times."
Dancing with the Stars professional dancing partner Anna Trebunskaya won't be participating in this season of the dancing show, but with an exciting twist.
Us Weekly reports that the 32-year-old Russian dancer is four months pregnant with her first child.
"It wasn't planned, but when it happened, I thought, 'This is perfect. I'm ready to be a mom,'" Trebunskaya told Us. "This is something really good for me and fulfilling, and it'll give me a whole new meaning in life. I'm really looking forward to it."
Trebunskaya announced her divorce from her husband of nine years, professional ballroom dancer Jonathan Roberts, last October and has decided not to reveal the identity of her child's father.
The dancer, who first moved to the U.S. at 17 years old, said that she discovered that she was pregnant when the last season of Dancing with the Stars ended in May.
"It was interesting because in the last six to eight months, I was saying to my friends, 'I'm ready for a change. I feel a change coming on,'" she said. "And sure enough, this is going to be one huge change!"
Trebunskaya has competed on a total of 10 season of Dancing with the Stars, beginning with Season 2 in 2006, in which she partnered with former NFL great Jerry Rice.
She has twice finished as runner-up on the show, with Rice and with figure skater Evan Lysacek, and has yet to win the show.
In her most recent appearance on the show last season, she finished in eleventh place with 98 Degrees singer Drew Lachey.
- Councilor Sprague guest bartends at Geaghan's
- Corinna Elementary School put on lock down
- Waldo County Officials warn of laced drugs
- Police warn of rash of burglaries
- A lyman man is behind bars after reportedly firing a gun after an argument with his wife
- Bangor area youth wrestlers assist the UMaine team
- Maine Maritime Academy Convocation to help welcome students back to school
- Sam's Club raising money for EMHS Foundation
- Man from Wayne is accused of exposing himself to children in Augusta
- Lawmakers respond to voicemail Gov. LePage left for Democratic legislator
- Palestinian authorities abuse journalists, activists, human rights group says
- North Korea reportedly executes two top officials with anti-aircraft guns
- Former Texas Gov. Rick Perry to appear on 'Dancing With The Stars', report says
- Fall from tree may have killed human ancestor Lucy, study suggests
- Prayer or politics? Evangelist rallying Christians in Boston
- Bangladesh top court rejects death sentence of war criminal
- Brazil's Rousseff defends self ahead of Senate's ouster vote
- Australian Parliament sits for first time since election
- Human Rights Watch: Palestinians abuse media, activists
- Shannen Coffin on Clinton Foundation possibly violating laws
- Hurricane watch issued as storm nears Hawaii's Big Island
- Watters: Hillary Clinton Is for Sale
- Tim Masthay's hold on Packers punting job secure - for now
- Jesse Watters on Kaepernick's national anthem disrespect
- Next time someone trashes a cop, show them Officer Ortiz
- Clinton emails show line of pay for play: Does it matter?
- Vet who lost legs has message for Kaepernick
- Allen West: '1 percenter' Kaepernick should apologize
- Is This Why Taylor Swift Was Dismissed From Jury Duty?
- Beyoncé, Kim Kardashian, Alicia Keys & More Are Major Squad Goals In This Post-VMAs Pic
- Gene Wilder, Of Comedy Classics 'Young Frankenstein' And 'Blazing Saddles,' Has Died
- Gene Wilder, Of Comedy Classics 'Young Frankenstein' & 'Blazing Saddles,' Has Died
- 'Pretty Little Liars' To Conclude At End Of Season 7
- Batman v. Deathstroke? Speculation High After Ben Affleck Tweet
- 'Ice Road Truckers' Star Darrell Ward Killed In Montana Plane Crash
- Beyonce & Rihanna Most Got Most Social Buzz During MTV VMAs
- Beyonce & Rihanna Got Most Social Buzz During MTV VMAs
- Justin Bieber Returns To Instagram After 2-Week Break
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actress Carice Van Houten & Guy Pearce Welcome Baby Boy
- 'Outlander' Casts Lord John Grey Role For Season 3
- Darvish, Beltran lead Rangers to 6-3 win over Mariners
- Buccaneers reschedule final preseason game to avoid Tropical Depression 9
- Bucs-Redskins preseason game moved to Wednesday
- Former Cowboys, Hurricanes assistant Alexander dead at 77
- Cowboys waive injured DE Jenkins, put CB Thomas on IR
- Jets' Harris has 'bad' shoulder bruise, uncertain for Week 1
- Jaguars waive McCray, 7 others as they trim roster to 78
- Titans receiver aggravates hamstring in return to practice
- Dolphins partner with Uber to provide transportation options
- LB Jayson DiManche among 11 players waived by Bengals
- QB Jake Coker waived-injured by Cardinals, 11 others cut
- NFL 2016: Broncos still rule the AFC West