- Category: Entertainment Tonight
- Created on Saturday, 07 September 2013 05:00
- Written by Fox Bangor / ABC 7 News Team
- Hits: 1086
What had ETonline readers buzzing this week?
The season 17 cast of Dancing With the Stars was revealed on Wednesday's (Sept.
The new season of DWTS celebrities and their pro partners are:
-King Of Queens star Leah Remini and Tony Dovolani
-Glee girl Amber Riley and Derek Hough
-Jersey Shore star Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi and Sasha Farber
-NFL pro Keyshawn Johnson and Sharna Burgess
-The Mary Tyler Moore Show actress Valerie Harper and Tristan McManus
-Pretty Little Liars star Brant Daugherty and Peta Murgatroyd
-Pop star Christina Milian and Mark Ballas
-Saved By the Bell's Elizabeth Berkley and Val Chmerkovskiy
-Bill Nye the Science Guy and Tyne Stecklein
-High School Musical alum Corbin Bleu and Karina Smirnoff
-Comedian Bill Engvall and Emma Slater
-Reality TV star Jack Osbourne and Cheryl Burke
-Dancing With the Stars returns to ABC in a special two-hour premiere on Monday, September 16.
Since first announcing on Labor Day that the Fifty Shades Of Grey leads would be played by 33-year-old Charlie Hunnam and 23-year-old Dakota Johnson, nearly 18,000 people have signed a petition to have White Collar star Matthew Bomer and Gilmore Girls actress Alexis Bledel replace the actors in the roles of Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele.
The petition posted on Change.org reads: "Matt Bomer is the PERFECT DESCRIPTION OF CHRISTIAN GREY AND ALEXIS BLEDEL IS THE PERFECT ACTRESS TO REPRESENT ANASTASIA STEELE and if THEY ARE NOT, NOBODY WILL BE And I read the whole trilogy and I can assure that Matt is the perfect actor for this movie and Alexis too. So please PLEASE, all of the GREYsessed and Bomerettes in the world NEED those actors. They always will be for us the Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele. WE CAN DO ANYTHING GUYS, ANYTHING."
Meanwhile, writer E.L. James and producers Dana Brunetti and Michael De Luca took to Twitter to defend their casting decisions. James, 50, wrote:
"To all the supporters, lovers and haters - thank you so much for the passion that you have for this project. You all rock. All of you."
Brunetti followed that up by tweeting: "There is a lot that goes into casting that isn't just looks. Talent, availability, their desire to do it, chemistry with other actor, etc."
ETonline caught up with Bomer shortly after to get his take on the hubbub.
"I'm so grateful for the fans and touched," Bomer told ETonline exclusively. "I'm looking forward to seeing the movie with Charlie and Dakota."
Katie Couric has found love once again. The 56-year-old TV host's boyfriend of two years, John Molner, has put a ring on it!
Molner, 50, asked for Couric's hand in marriage with a "spectacular diamond ring" during a beach sunset in East Hampton, New York over the Labor Day weekend, People confirms. The news was also spilled on Tuesday's Good Morning America.
Couric has been a widow since 1998 when her husband Jay Monahan passed away from colon cancer. Molner will become a step-dad to the journalist's two daughters with Monahan, Ellie, 21, and Carrie, 17.
Couric's engagement isn't the only good news she has in store for fans this month! Her show Katie returns for a second season on Sept. 8, 2013.
Miley Cyrus shocked audiences with her scantily-clad, highly sexual performance at the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards, but despite her critics, the We Can't Stop singer is standing by her actions.
"Me and Robin [Thicke,] the whole time said, 'You know we're about to make history right now,'" Miley, 20, told MTV of her performance with the Blurred Lines singer, 36, at the Sunday night awards show. "What's amazing is I think now, we're three days later and people are still talking about it. They're over thinking it."
The former Disney star adds, "You're thinking about it more than I thought about it when I did it. Like, I didn't even think about it 'cause that's just me."
Miley goes on to compare her performance to past VMA shows, saying, "How many times have we seen this play out in pop music? ...Madonna's done it. Britney's done it. Every VMA performance, that's what you're looking for; you're wanting to make history."
Saying of her haters, "I don't pay attention to the negative because I've seen this play out so many times."
Dancing with the Stars professional dancing partner Anna Trebunskaya won't be participating in this season of the dancing show, but with an exciting twist.
Us Weekly reports that the 32-year-old Russian dancer is four months pregnant with her first child.
"It wasn't planned, but when it happened, I thought, 'This is perfect. I'm ready to be a mom,'" Trebunskaya told Us. "This is something really good for me and fulfilling, and it'll give me a whole new meaning in life. I'm really looking forward to it."
Trebunskaya announced her divorce from her husband of nine years, professional ballroom dancer Jonathan Roberts, last October and has decided not to reveal the identity of her child's father.
The dancer, who first moved to the U.S. at 17 years old, said that she discovered that she was pregnant when the last season of Dancing with the Stars ended in May.
"It was interesting because in the last six to eight months, I was saying to my friends, 'I'm ready for a change. I feel a change coming on,'" she said. "And sure enough, this is going to be one huge change!"
Trebunskaya has competed on a total of 10 season of Dancing with the Stars, beginning with Season 2 in 2006, in which she partnered with former NFL great Jerry Rice.
She has twice finished as runner-up on the show, with Rice and with figure skater Evan Lysacek, and has yet to win the show.
In her most recent appearance on the show last season, she finished in eleventh place with 98 Degrees singer Drew Lachey.
- Narcan veto overturned
- Penobscot County Sheriff's Office help combat identity theft
- Downtown Bangor clean-up scheduled for tomorrow
- Local students help veterans with their spring cleaning
- New testing in an old case suggest a Jane Doe in Ohio may be from Maine
- Veazie man stabbed at Portland restaurant
- Husson student Jillian Kerr gets award for diabetes project with Wabanaki
- Collaboration is key in University of Maine Ocean Technology Seminar
- Students take part in wildfire training
- School custodian accused of sexual touching is placed on paid leave
- Bangor Shrine Circus at Cross Center this weekend
- Driver who overdoses in vehicle was given narcan by first responders
- Rockport man sentenced for drunk driving death
- High court upholds conviction of priest serving time for sexually assaulting altar server
- Maine Democratic Party: Override Narcan bill veto
- Military dress code could mean big business for New Balance
- Trump: 'Convoluted' interview questioning caused abortion remarks
- Cruz says Indiana will decide GOP race
- 8 children, 2 tied up in backyard, rescued from Texas home
- Colorado woman gets 100 years for cutting baby from womb
- Postman steals $443,000 in tax refund checks along his route
- One million Americans vow to boycott Target over transgender bathrooms
- Parents indicted in cold case murder of Hawaiian boy
- Parents of boy who vanished in 1997 charged with murder
- Trump brushes off protests to address Calif. GOP, likens arrival to ‘crossing the border’
- Double murder that rocked '15 NFL draft remains unsolved, iPhone may hold clues
- 2nd Russian fighter jet engages in barrel roll over US spy plane, official says
- Trooper wowed by wooden car on Nebraska highway
- Will Ferrell 'not pursuing' 'Reagan' movie
- China blocks US Navy aircraft carrier from Hong Kong port
- Senator seeks secret memo used as ‘loophole’ for Obama regs
- 'Biggest Loser' winner reveals she regained all the weight
- Supreme Court denies bid to block Texas voter ID law
- Pilot may have spotted one of 2 missing teen fishermen days after disappearance
- 'Maze Runner' Sequel Delays Production Further Due To Star Dylan O'Brien's Injuries
- 'West Wing' Star Allison Janney Cameos At White House Press Briefing
- Queen Elizabeth & Prince Harry Answer Obamas' Invictus Games Challenge -- Watch!
- Will Ferrell 'Not Pursuing' Ronald Reagan Comedy, Spokesman Says
- Gisele Bundchen Talks Husband Tom Brady's 'Great Sense Of Style': 'I'm Married To A Fashion Guy'
- 'The Vampire Diaries': Michael Malarkey On Enzo Tackling Rayna's List, Trying To Help Bonnie
- Official Whitney Houston Doc In The Works From Oscar-Winner
- Jodie Foster On Making 'Money Monster'
- Nicky Jam, Enrique Iglesias Top Billboard Latin Music Awards
- Prince's 'Purple Rain' Coat Up For Auction
- Will Smith, Jada Pinkett-Smith Join Obama Youth Initiative
- Ronald Reagan's Family & Foundation Slam Will Ferrell Alzheimer's Film
- Son of ex-Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis charged with criminal sexual conduct
- Drafting for future, Patriots can't escape Deflategate past
- Faksa has goal and assist, Stars beat Blues 2-1 in Game 1
- Steve Torrence leads Top Fuel qualifying at SpringNationals
- Eagles draft offensive lineman Isaac Seumalo in 3rd round
- Lovemark, Vegas top Zurich Classic leaderboard
- Gus Dean wins ARCA Series race at Talladega
- Lug nuts and $35,000 fine still the talk around Tony Stewart
- Caps' Tom Wilson fined $2,400 for knee hit to Pens' Sheary
- Earnhardt gets favorite car "Amelia" back for Talladega
- Playoff Preview: Can Hawks solve LeBron, Cavs to return to East finals?
- Paige VanZant and Mark Ballas: Dancing's dynamic duo