- Category: Entertainment Tonight
- Created on Saturday, 07 September 2013 05:00
- Written by Fox Bangor / ABC 7 News Team
- Hits: 1113
What had ETonline readers buzzing this week?
The season 17 cast of Dancing With the Stars was revealed on Wednesday's (Sept.
The new season of DWTS celebrities and their pro partners are:
-King Of Queens star Leah Remini and Tony Dovolani
-Glee girl Amber Riley and Derek Hough
-Jersey Shore star Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi and Sasha Farber
-NFL pro Keyshawn Johnson and Sharna Burgess
-The Mary Tyler Moore Show actress Valerie Harper and Tristan McManus
-Pretty Little Liars star Brant Daugherty and Peta Murgatroyd
-Pop star Christina Milian and Mark Ballas
-Saved By the Bell's Elizabeth Berkley and Val Chmerkovskiy
-Bill Nye the Science Guy and Tyne Stecklein
-High School Musical alum Corbin Bleu and Karina Smirnoff
-Comedian Bill Engvall and Emma Slater
-Reality TV star Jack Osbourne and Cheryl Burke
-Dancing With the Stars returns to ABC in a special two-hour premiere on Monday, September 16.
Since first announcing on Labor Day that the Fifty Shades Of Grey leads would be played by 33-year-old Charlie Hunnam and 23-year-old Dakota Johnson, nearly 18,000 people have signed a petition to have White Collar star Matthew Bomer and Gilmore Girls actress Alexis Bledel replace the actors in the roles of Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele.
The petition posted on Change.org reads: "Matt Bomer is the PERFECT DESCRIPTION OF CHRISTIAN GREY AND ALEXIS BLEDEL IS THE PERFECT ACTRESS TO REPRESENT ANASTASIA STEELE and if THEY ARE NOT, NOBODY WILL BE And I read the whole trilogy and I can assure that Matt is the perfect actor for this movie and Alexis too. So please PLEASE, all of the GREYsessed and Bomerettes in the world NEED those actors. They always will be for us the Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele. WE CAN DO ANYTHING GUYS, ANYTHING."
Meanwhile, writer E.L. James and producers Dana Brunetti and Michael De Luca took to Twitter to defend their casting decisions. James, 50, wrote:
"To all the supporters, lovers and haters - thank you so much for the passion that you have for this project. You all rock. All of you."
Brunetti followed that up by tweeting: "There is a lot that goes into casting that isn't just looks. Talent, availability, their desire to do it, chemistry with other actor, etc."
ETonline caught up with Bomer shortly after to get his take on the hubbub.
"I'm so grateful for the fans and touched," Bomer told ETonline exclusively. "I'm looking forward to seeing the movie with Charlie and Dakota."
Katie Couric has found love once again. The 56-year-old TV host's boyfriend of two years, John Molner, has put a ring on it!
Molner, 50, asked for Couric's hand in marriage with a "spectacular diamond ring" during a beach sunset in East Hampton, New York over the Labor Day weekend, People confirms. The news was also spilled on Tuesday's Good Morning America.
Couric has been a widow since 1998 when her husband Jay Monahan passed away from colon cancer. Molner will become a step-dad to the journalist's two daughters with Monahan, Ellie, 21, and Carrie, 17.
Couric's engagement isn't the only good news she has in store for fans this month! Her show Katie returns for a second season on Sept. 8, 2013.
Miley Cyrus shocked audiences with her scantily-clad, highly sexual performance at the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards, but despite her critics, the We Can't Stop singer is standing by her actions.
"Me and Robin [Thicke,] the whole time said, 'You know we're about to make history right now,'" Miley, 20, told MTV of her performance with the Blurred Lines singer, 36, at the Sunday night awards show. "What's amazing is I think now, we're three days later and people are still talking about it. They're over thinking it."
The former Disney star adds, "You're thinking about it more than I thought about it when I did it. Like, I didn't even think about it 'cause that's just me."
Miley goes on to compare her performance to past VMA shows, saying, "How many times have we seen this play out in pop music? ...Madonna's done it. Britney's done it. Every VMA performance, that's what you're looking for; you're wanting to make history."
Saying of her haters, "I don't pay attention to the negative because I've seen this play out so many times."
Dancing with the Stars professional dancing partner Anna Trebunskaya won't be participating in this season of the dancing show, but with an exciting twist.
Us Weekly reports that the 32-year-old Russian dancer is four months pregnant with her first child.
"It wasn't planned, but when it happened, I thought, 'This is perfect. I'm ready to be a mom,'" Trebunskaya told Us. "This is something really good for me and fulfilling, and it'll give me a whole new meaning in life. I'm really looking forward to it."
Trebunskaya announced her divorce from her husband of nine years, professional ballroom dancer Jonathan Roberts, last October and has decided not to reveal the identity of her child's father.
The dancer, who first moved to the U.S. at 17 years old, said that she discovered that she was pregnant when the last season of Dancing with the Stars ended in May.
"It was interesting because in the last six to eight months, I was saying to my friends, 'I'm ready for a change. I feel a change coming on,'" she said. "And sure enough, this is going to be one huge change!"
Trebunskaya has competed on a total of 10 season of Dancing with the Stars, beginning with Season 2 in 2006, in which she partnered with former NFL great Jerry Rice.
She has twice finished as runner-up on the show, with Rice and with figure skater Evan Lysacek, and has yet to win the show.
In her most recent appearance on the show last season, she finished in eleventh place with 98 Degrees singer Drew Lachey.
- Maine has been awarded federal money to help replace a key bridge in Downeast Maine
- UPDATE: Missing Houlton woman
- Fourth arrest in Augusta homicide made in New York
- Local bagel shop talks National Bagel Day
- Police are investigating the homicide of an elderly man in Presque Isle
- Driver in fatal OUI accident sentenced
- Waterfront Concerts brings the money to Bangor
- Sen. King to host Bangor roundtable Tuesday
- Woman charged after allegedly hitting a Pokemon Go player with her car
- A man from Bath is facing charges after a double stabbing
- WHCA collecting school supplies for families in need
- Gov. LePage announces next town hall
- Car hits mobile home
- Police step up road blocks in Hancock County to keep roads safe
- Red Cross offering tickets to fair in exchance for blood
- Fate of downtown building decided
- Maine teen among youngest delegates at DNC
- Clinton makes history, wins Democratic presidential nomination
- Black Lives Matter movement in the spotlight at Democratic convention
- Her ex sent her a blender, and hilarious Craigslist ad resulted
- Mexican border agency seen as aiding illegal immigration
- Warning, graphic video: Man electrocuted on utility pole
- What celebs are doing at the DNC
- Former Virginia Tech students indicted in murder of 13-year-old girl
- Attacker who murdered Catholic priest under police supervision, wore monitoring bracelet
- Wasserman Schultz left to defend House seat, $$ pours in for primary foe
- Sheriff David Clarke: My message for America’s black community – It’s time to leave the Democratic Party
- Archaeologists make 'exciting' discovery in Alamo dig
- Miss Cleo dead at 53
- Brown alum's film blasts PC culture at Ivy League school
- Truck crashes through Pittsburgh FBI gate after police stop
- Complaints about gridlock, delays, trash mar Democratic convention
- Officials rescue German shepherd who they say chewed off paw to escape abusive owner
- Murder of French priest brings ISIS' long-threatened war on Christians to Europe
- Starnes: Democrats heckle opening prayer
- Exclusive: The Woman Lindsay Lohan Called A 'Russian Hooker' Fires Back: Egor Would Never Cheat
- 2016 MTV Video Music Awards: Full Nominee List!
- Michelle Obama Wears Christian Siriano At The DNC
- Silverman Calls Out 'Bernie Or Bust' Supporters: You're 'Being Ridiculous'
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, & Selena Gomez To Headline The 2016 Global Citizen Festival
- Demi Lovato Shares Her Struggles With Mental Illness At Democratic National Convention
- Season 8 Of 'The Vampire Diaries' Will Be Its Last
- Rob Kardashian Deletes All Photos Of Blac Chyna From Instagram Before Unfollowing Her
- Katt Williams Arrested On Suspicion Of Battery
- Kristen Bell Reveals Her & Dax Shepard's Wedding Photos -- Three Years Later!
- Celebrities Have Climate Rally Ahead Of The Democratic National Convention
- Celebrities Attend Climate Rally Ahead Of The Democratic National Convention
- Jared Goff leads Rams' rookies into training camp
- Female fan injured by foul ball at Indians game
- Colts move Tyler Varga to reserve-retired list
- Twins interim GM Antony tries to focus on job at hand
- New Cubs closer Aroldis Chapman arrives to a mixed reaction
- Stenson's search for perfection doesn't end with a major
- Chryst looking forward to Badgers' opener vs. LSU at Lambeau Field
- Chiefs quarterbacks report for start of competition
- Cardinals place 4 on physically unable to perform list
- Mickelson not close to being over runner-up in British Open
- Bengals' TE Eifert, LB Maualuga sidelined for start of camp
- Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon has quadriceps injury