- Category: Entertainment Tonight
- Created on Saturday, 07 September 2013 05:00
- Written by Fox Bangor / ABC 7 News Team
- Hits: 1093
What had ETonline readers buzzing this week?
The season 17 cast of Dancing With the Stars was revealed on Wednesday's (Sept.
The new season of DWTS celebrities and their pro partners are:
-King Of Queens star Leah Remini and Tony Dovolani
-Glee girl Amber Riley and Derek Hough
-Jersey Shore star Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi and Sasha Farber
-NFL pro Keyshawn Johnson and Sharna Burgess
-The Mary Tyler Moore Show actress Valerie Harper and Tristan McManus
-Pretty Little Liars star Brant Daugherty and Peta Murgatroyd
-Pop star Christina Milian and Mark Ballas
-Saved By the Bell's Elizabeth Berkley and Val Chmerkovskiy
-Bill Nye the Science Guy and Tyne Stecklein
-High School Musical alum Corbin Bleu and Karina Smirnoff
-Comedian Bill Engvall and Emma Slater
-Reality TV star Jack Osbourne and Cheryl Burke
-Dancing With the Stars returns to ABC in a special two-hour premiere on Monday, September 16.
Since first announcing on Labor Day that the Fifty Shades Of Grey leads would be played by 33-year-old Charlie Hunnam and 23-year-old Dakota Johnson, nearly 18,000 people have signed a petition to have White Collar star Matthew Bomer and Gilmore Girls actress Alexis Bledel replace the actors in the roles of Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele.
The petition posted on Change.org reads: "Matt Bomer is the PERFECT DESCRIPTION OF CHRISTIAN GREY AND ALEXIS BLEDEL IS THE PERFECT ACTRESS TO REPRESENT ANASTASIA STEELE and if THEY ARE NOT, NOBODY WILL BE And I read the whole trilogy and I can assure that Matt is the perfect actor for this movie and Alexis too. So please PLEASE, all of the GREYsessed and Bomerettes in the world NEED those actors. They always will be for us the Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele. WE CAN DO ANYTHING GUYS, ANYTHING."
Meanwhile, writer E.L. James and producers Dana Brunetti and Michael De Luca took to Twitter to defend their casting decisions. James, 50, wrote:
"To all the supporters, lovers and haters - thank you so much for the passion that you have for this project. You all rock. All of you."
Brunetti followed that up by tweeting: "There is a lot that goes into casting that isn't just looks. Talent, availability, their desire to do it, chemistry with other actor, etc."
ETonline caught up with Bomer shortly after to get his take on the hubbub.
"I'm so grateful for the fans and touched," Bomer told ETonline exclusively. "I'm looking forward to seeing the movie with Charlie and Dakota."
Katie Couric has found love once again. The 56-year-old TV host's boyfriend of two years, John Molner, has put a ring on it!
Molner, 50, asked for Couric's hand in marriage with a "spectacular diamond ring" during a beach sunset in East Hampton, New York over the Labor Day weekend, People confirms. The news was also spilled on Tuesday's Good Morning America.
Couric has been a widow since 1998 when her husband Jay Monahan passed away from colon cancer. Molner will become a step-dad to the journalist's two daughters with Monahan, Ellie, 21, and Carrie, 17.
Couric's engagement isn't the only good news she has in store for fans this month! Her show Katie returns for a second season on Sept. 8, 2013.
Miley Cyrus shocked audiences with her scantily-clad, highly sexual performance at the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards, but despite her critics, the We Can't Stop singer is standing by her actions.
"Me and Robin [Thicke,] the whole time said, 'You know we're about to make history right now,'" Miley, 20, told MTV of her performance with the Blurred Lines singer, 36, at the Sunday night awards show. "What's amazing is I think now, we're three days later and people are still talking about it. They're over thinking it."
The former Disney star adds, "You're thinking about it more than I thought about it when I did it. Like, I didn't even think about it 'cause that's just me."
Miley goes on to compare her performance to past VMA shows, saying, "How many times have we seen this play out in pop music? ...Madonna's done it. Britney's done it. Every VMA performance, that's what you're looking for; you're wanting to make history."
Saying of her haters, "I don't pay attention to the negative because I've seen this play out so many times."
Dancing with the Stars professional dancing partner Anna Trebunskaya won't be participating in this season of the dancing show, but with an exciting twist.
Us Weekly reports that the 32-year-old Russian dancer is four months pregnant with her first child.
"It wasn't planned, but when it happened, I thought, 'This is perfect. I'm ready to be a mom,'" Trebunskaya told Us. "This is something really good for me and fulfilling, and it'll give me a whole new meaning in life. I'm really looking forward to it."
Trebunskaya announced her divorce from her husband of nine years, professional ballroom dancer Jonathan Roberts, last October and has decided not to reveal the identity of her child's father.
The dancer, who first moved to the U.S. at 17 years old, said that she discovered that she was pregnant when the last season of Dancing with the Stars ended in May.
"It was interesting because in the last six to eight months, I was saying to my friends, 'I'm ready for a change. I feel a change coming on,'" she said. "And sure enough, this is going to be one huge change!"
Trebunskaya has competed on a total of 10 season of Dancing with the Stars, beginning with Season 2 in 2006, in which she partnered with former NFL great Jerry Rice.
She has twice finished as runner-up on the show, with Rice and with figure skater Evan Lysacek, and has yet to win the show.
In her most recent appearance on the show last season, she finished in eleventh place with 98 Degrees singer Drew Lachey.
- Penobscot Marine Museum season kicks off
- Sen. King joins others to introduce permanent opioid treatment funding
- UMaine Museum of Art fashion challenge needs designers
- Water main burst sends water shooting into air
- Union Street Bridge work is now ahead of schedule
- Voters have until Friday to change parties for June's primary election
- Vietnam Moving Wall Memorial coming to Thomaston
- Searsport fatal crash under investigation
- Three car crash in Holden Tuesday morning leaves two people with minor injuries
- Fifth Annual Team Mimi's Softball Tournament held this weekend
- Over sized American Flag stolen in Trenton
- Julia Clukey continues to visit local schools honoring students with courage awards
- Maine State Chamber of Commerce releases policy brief with six strategies to make college affordable
- A man from Shapleigh is facing charges after firing an assault rifle inside a home
- Two people injured in motorcycle crash in Orrington
- Event raises thousands for local family in need
- Cruz wins majority of delegates at Virginia convention
- Justice Dept. seeking death penalty in Charleston church massacre case
- McAuliffe insists DOJ probe has ‘nothing to do’ with Clintons, as case puts focus on ties
- Suspect whose wife vanished on 9/11 found not guilty in 4th murder trial
- Kasich joins Cruz, Rubio in keeping delegates as campaign leverage
- Drew Peterson wanted to deal drugs after leaving prison, recordings show
- Trump hits back at media over veteran fundraiser reports
- Russian attack helicopters destroyed in Syria; US officials say 'accident' to blame
- Trump camp denies claim he helped pay Clinton accuser mortgage
- Memorial Day crosses honoring fallen soldiers removed from public property after complaint
- Drunk man jumps into lion exhibit looking for a handshake -- and a fight
- Kim Kardashian barely fits into dress at the opera
- Mom charged with child abuse for letting 11-year-old son drive golf cart
- Sam Neill recalls disastrous James Bond audition
- Facebook denies ‘systematic’ content bias, but admits possibility of rogue employees
- Brian Johnson reveals reason he left AC/DC
- Utah teen stabs pal with samurai sword during sleepover, cops say
- Reid vows to 'stop' Clinton from picking certain running mates
- Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans & Gwyneth Paltrow Visit 'Avengers' Fan With Cancer
- Bill Cosby Ordered To Stand Trial In Decade-Old Sex Case
- Will Ferrell & Vince Vaughn Are The Latest Stars Confirmed For Red Nose Day
- Exclusive: Elton John, Will Ferrell & Vince Vaughn Are The Latest Stars Confirmed For Red Nose Day
- Helen Hunt Jokes About Getting Confused For Fellow Oscar Winner Jodie Foster
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute To Kanye West On Their Second Wedding Anniversary
- Madonna Responds To Critics Of Her Prince Tribute At The Billboard Music Awards
- Angelina Jolie To Teach At London School Of Economics
- Chewbacca Mom's Infectious Laugh Draws More Than 135M Views On Facebook
- President Obama Dines With Anthony Bourdain In Vietnam For 'Parts Unknown'
- Ginger Zee Suffers Injury Ahead Of Monday's 'Dancing With The Stars' Finale
- Madonna Paid Homage To Prince By Wearing His Signature Color And Singing Prince's Hits On Stage At Billboards
- James Hinchcliffe making new memories in Indianapolis
- Matt Murray back in goal for Penguins against Lightning
- Stanford tops Oklahoma St to take NCAA women's tennis title
- NFL doctor sends strong response to House report
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles selected to host Super Bowls
- Blues go back to goalie Brian Elliott for Game 6
- Death a grim chapter in storied history of Indianapolis 500
- Highlights from the 98th running of the Indianapolis 500
- Chubby baby that looks like Steph Curry is the real star of the NBA playoffs
- State TV: 14 Russian athletes failed Olympic doping retests
- Padres still in search of first win vs Giants
- Kentucky Derby winner Nyquist won't run in Belmont Stakes