- Category: Entertainment Tonight
- Created on Friday, 02 August 2013 01:34
- Written by Fox Bangor / ABC 7 News Team
- Hits: 988
As stars of FOX shows celebrated the dawn of a new season for their shows, a member of the FOX family, Simon Cowell, will reportedly have something to celebrate in the months to come: his first child.
"Generous, loving, and I think he's...going to make a great dad," said chef and TV personality Gordon Ramsay."
Cowell is reportedly expecting a child with Lauren Silverman, the wife of his friend Andrew Silverman. The television mogul has yet to make any public comments in direct response to the matter.
"I do not know him, but I hope he has a wonderful time being a father," said The Mindy Project's Ed Weeks ("Jeremy Reed"). "I'm sure he'll be a very good dad. That's all I can say 'cause I'm afraid of him."
As for the reason he was in attendance at Thursday evening's FOX party, Ramsay, who has starred in and hosted a slew of cooking shows, will star in a new spin-off of his series MasterChef targeted at children called Junior MasterChef.
"First of all, they're talented. They're cool," Ramsay said of the young chefs, three of whom stood with him on the press line. "I think if you can plant that seed in their mind so young, even if they don't pursue it as a career, learning how to cook for yourself...is as important as English or math. We got some talent hear, I'm telling you."
Weeks was enthusiastic as well about the upcoming season of his show. He revealed that his character will be welcoming a new addition to his family—of sorts.
"They're casting my dad at the moment," the British actor said. "So, that's hopefully going to go out to some wonderful British actor—very handsome, no doubt."
Weeks revealed as well that there will be more exploration into the supporting characters this season. Creator Mindy Kaling also teased the happenings of her character, "Mindy Lahiri."
"The character's been single for a while, so that's going to be fun seeing her back missing love and wishing she had a boyfriend because I think ultimately that can be more fun and relatable," the 34-year-old actress and writer previewed.
Watch the full video above for more with the stars of FOX's family of networks, including cast members from New Girl and Bones.
- Man from Wayne is accused of exposing himself to children in Augusta
- Lawmakers respond to voicemail Gov. LePage left for Democratic legislator
- New school unveiled that will serve all RSU 64 students K - 5
- American Folk Festival caters to sign language users
- Cruise ship season in Bar Harbor at its peak
- Herring shortage worsens that is affecting Maine lobstermen
- Governor in hot water over comments that he's kept binder of mug shots of drug dealers
- Sportsman's Alliance of Maine is not happy about National Monument decision
- Hampden man arrested on heroin charges
- 2nd Annual "Cruisin for CM & SM" to spread awareness of not so rare disease
- A woman who attempted to buy a couple of Happy Meals for some children isn't so happy today
- Man accused of severely beating his child is now out on bail
- Guilford celebrates 200 years
- End in sight for Ellsworth road work
- 17-year-old accused of robbing cab
- Kurdish-led Syrian forces report Turkish air raids on bases
- Ex-civil service chief: British exit from EU not inevitable
- Gabon votes as president vies to keep family in power
- North Korea threatens to fire at US, South Korean troops
- Malaysian students rally to demand prime minister's arrest
- New Tunisian government approved, must fix economy
- Filipinos seen backing Duterte despite rising drug killings
- Despite progress, US-Russia fall short on truce for Syria
- 'Religious vote' hears messages from both candidates
- Mosul fight is already redrawing the map of northern Iraq
- Aftershocks rattle Italy as national mourning begins
- Man faces 2 capital murder charges in Mississippi nun deaths
- Bangladesh police kill 3, including suspect in Dhaka attack
- Italy aftershocks limit access to earthquake-damaged town
- Cousin of NBA star Dwyane Wade gunned down pushing stroller in Chicago
- UN Security Council condemns latest North Korean missile tests
- Suspected mastermind of Bangladesh cafe attack killed by police
- 'SOS' in sand leads to rescue of 2 people stranded on island
- 'Making A Murderer': Steven Avery's Attorney Seeks More Evidence Testing
- 'Little Women: LA's' Terra Jolé & Babyface Headed To 'Dancing With The Stars'
- Khloé Kardashian Shares Her Newest Fitness Secret & Calls Sister Kim Her 'Body Motivation'
- Billionaire Richard Branson Survives Bike Crash
- Britney Spears Gets Revealing In Carpool Karaoke Segment With James Corden
- Brazilian Police Have Charged Ryan Lochte With Filing False Robbery Report
- Scott Eastwood Makes 'Emotional Call' To Late Ex-Girlfriend's Father 2 Years After Her Death
- Michael Phelps, Final Five Gymnasts To Present At MTV VMAs
- Sarah Jessica Parker Cuts Ties With EpiPen After Price Hike
- Chloë Grace Moretz & More To Be Honored At Napa Valley Film Festival
- Dwayne Johnson Beats Out Robert Downey Jr. To Top Forbes' Highest-Paid Actors List
- 'Supernatural's' Ackles & Padalecki Added To Entertainment Weekly's PopFest
- Jameis Winston in top form as Bucs rout Browns
- US men's champions Rippon, Brown to compete in Classic
- Sharper files notice of appeal in federal rape case
- Patrick Reed builds a 2-shot lead at Bethpage Black
- O's activate McFarland, designate Ondrusek for assignment
- Long-shot Cardullo called up by Rockies
- Baylor kicking off season could be 'good therapy' in Waco
- US Open top seeds Williams, Djokovic coming off injuries
- Fantasy Football: Adrian Peterson still top running back
- 5 Washington Redskins Headed For Breakout Seasons in 2016
- Baltimore Orioles fans: Max Scherzer says be quiet if you come out at all
- Dredge hits 66 to grab 3-shot lead in Denmark