- Category: Entertainment Tonight
- Created on Friday, 02 August 2013 01:34
- Written by Fox Bangor / ABC 7 News Team
- Hits: 982
As stars of FOX shows celebrated the dawn of a new season for their shows, a member of the FOX family, Simon Cowell, will reportedly have something to celebrate in the months to come: his first child.
"Generous, loving, and I think he's...going to make a great dad," said chef and TV personality Gordon Ramsay."
Cowell is reportedly expecting a child with Lauren Silverman, the wife of his friend Andrew Silverman. The television mogul has yet to make any public comments in direct response to the matter.
"I do not know him, but I hope he has a wonderful time being a father," said The Mindy Project's Ed Weeks ("Jeremy Reed"). "I'm sure he'll be a very good dad. That's all I can say 'cause I'm afraid of him."
As for the reason he was in attendance at Thursday evening's FOX party, Ramsay, who has starred in and hosted a slew of cooking shows, will star in a new spin-off of his series MasterChef targeted at children called Junior MasterChef.
"First of all, they're talented. They're cool," Ramsay said of the young chefs, three of whom stood with him on the press line. "I think if you can plant that seed in their mind so young, even if they don't pursue it as a career, learning how to cook for yourself...is as important as English or math. We got some talent hear, I'm telling you."
Weeks was enthusiastic as well about the upcoming season of his show. He revealed that his character will be welcoming a new addition to his family—of sorts.
"They're casting my dad at the moment," the British actor said. "So, that's hopefully going to go out to some wonderful British actor—very handsome, no doubt."
Weeks revealed as well that there will be more exploration into the supporting characters this season. Creator Mindy Kaling also teased the happenings of her character, "Mindy Lahiri."
"The character's been single for a while, so that's going to be fun seeing her back missing love and wishing she had a boyfriend because I think ultimately that can be more fun and relatable," the 34-year-old actress and writer previewed.
Watch the full video above for more with the stars of FOX's family of networks, including cast members from New Girl and Bones.
- A man from Vinalhaven is accused of attacking a woman and a young boy
- A Bangor man will spend a year and a half in prison for selling cocaine
- A Surry man is hospitalized after a near drowning in Sullivan
- DHHS issues a warning to remind people to wash your hands at fairs and stay safe
- Regulators level playing field with herring limits expanded to Massachusetts
- Proposed changes to Baxter Woods in Portland
- Waterville budget causing contreversy
- MDOT announces Union St. bridge work
- Fire destroys Waldoboro house
- Dover Foxcroft man is accused of selling illegal drugs in the Belfast area
- Man takes plea deal in Old Port shooting and now will testify against other defendant
- Three transported to hospital after multi-vehicle crash in Hampden
- Sex offender waiting on sentence
- Pillsbury sentenced to 50 years for murdering girlfriend in 2013
- Warren man gets eight months in jail
- Congressman tours two facilities while pushing for protecting and growing jobs in Maine
- University of Florida linebacker stops sexual assault
- University of Florida linebacker stops sexual assault outside bar
- Kaine says Trump would be 'trash-talking president' in debut as Clinton running mate
- Kaine makes Clinton campaign debut amid backlash from the left
- Border Patrol detains Canadian teens who crossed border playing 'Pokemon GO'
- Trump pushing for a 'Philly fight?'
- Kerry: Air conditioners as big a threat as ISIS
- Authorities announce arrest in disappearance of college student whose bike was found in Ohio cornfield
- Wikileaks dump appears to show DNC favored Clinton campaign
- Munich gunman obsessed with mass shootings, sent out invitations to mall before rampage, cops say
- The 'world's healthiest burger' has 50 ingredients
- Russian balloonist claims new round the world record
- ISIS attack on Afghan protest kills at least 80, wounds 231
- Car slams minivan, pedestrians; kills woman, hurts 6 in Pennsylvania, police say
- Obama administration mum as Turkey's post-coup crackdown expands
- Justice Department charges three in $1 billion Medicare fraud scheme
- Girl, 14, killed by lightning while on personal watercraft
- California governor denies parole for Manson follower
- Rihanna To Join 'Bates Motel' Cast To Play Famous Janet Leigh 'Psycho' Scene
- Comic-Con: 'Fear The Walking Dead' Introduces Newest Cast Member
- Former 'Bachelor' Ben Higgins Has Decided Not To Run For Public Office In Colorado
- Bobby Brown Welcomes Third Child With Wife Alicia Etheredge
- Justin Bieber Drops New Track 'Cold Water' With Major Lazer
- Edward Snowden On Oliver Stone's Film About Him: It's A "Pretty Accurate Portrayal."
- Edward Snowden On Oliver Stone's Film About Him: It's A "Pretty Accurate Portrayal"
- MTV's 'Teen Wolf' To End After 6 Seasons
- Estate Of Former Beatle George Harrison Doesn't Want Donald Trump Using His Music
- Estate Of Former Beatle George Harrison Doesn't Want Donald Trump Using Harrison's Music
- Jon Stewart Back Behind A Late Night Desk After RNC
- Roger Ailes Out As Head Of Fox News Channel After 20 Years
- Pirates recall pitcher Glasnow to start against Phillies
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte All-Star game
- Blue Jays 1B Colabello reinstated from restricted list
- Giants flip: Cueto starts Saturday, Samardzija on Sunday
- Padres agree to $7 million signing bonus for Cuban prospect
- Padres-Nationals Saturday Night Preview
- Warriors fans get a glimpse of super team in USA's exhibition win
- Courtney Force leads a night of track-record performances
- McCullers fans 10 to help Astros over Angels 2-1
- Chase Briscoe races to third straight ARCA victory
- Venus Williams reaches Bank of the West semifinals
- Team USA cruises past Argentina in first Olympic exhibition