- Category: Entertainment Tonight
- Created on Friday, 02 August 2013 01:34
- Written by Fox Bangor / ABC 7 News Team
- Hits: 974
As stars of FOX shows celebrated the dawn of a new season for their shows, a member of the FOX family, Simon Cowell, will reportedly have something to celebrate in the months to come: his first child.
"Generous, loving, and I think he's...going to make a great dad," said chef and TV personality Gordon Ramsay."
Cowell is reportedly expecting a child with Lauren Silverman, the wife of his friend Andrew Silverman. The television mogul has yet to make any public comments in direct response to the matter.
"I do not know him, but I hope he has a wonderful time being a father," said The Mindy Project's Ed Weeks ("Jeremy Reed"). "I'm sure he'll be a very good dad. That's all I can say 'cause I'm afraid of him."
As for the reason he was in attendance at Thursday evening's FOX party, Ramsay, who has starred in and hosted a slew of cooking shows, will star in a new spin-off of his series MasterChef targeted at children called Junior MasterChef.
"First of all, they're talented. They're cool," Ramsay said of the young chefs, three of whom stood with him on the press line. "I think if you can plant that seed in their mind so young, even if they don't pursue it as a career, learning how to cook for yourself...is as important as English or math. We got some talent hear, I'm telling you."
Weeks was enthusiastic as well about the upcoming season of his show. He revealed that his character will be welcoming a new addition to his family—of sorts.
"They're casting my dad at the moment," the British actor said. "So, that's hopefully going to go out to some wonderful British actor—very handsome, no doubt."
Weeks revealed as well that there will be more exploration into the supporting characters this season. Creator Mindy Kaling also teased the happenings of her character, "Mindy Lahiri."
"The character's been single for a while, so that's going to be fun seeing her back missing love and wishing she had a boyfriend because I think ultimately that can be more fun and relatable," the 34-year-old actress and writer previewed.
Watch the full video above for more with the stars of FOX's family of networks, including cast members from New Girl and Bones.
- Controversy over RSU 19 budget
- Event to explore Bangor with city councilors
- Lawmakers to visit East Millinocket area to discuss proposed monument designation
- National Trails Day is a great time to volunteer
- Summit Project hikes Owl Mountain carrying stones memorializing Maine's fallen heroes
- Maine elver season ending soon and with high numbers
- Gas is still lower than last year this time
- Sunbury Village celebrated Memorial Day by raising money for Troop Greeters and Honor Flight
- Stop and go traffic on Maine Turnpike during holiday weekend exodus
- EMMC and BHS unveil new Penobscot Pavilion, focusing on history and family fun
- Lack of affordable housing to blame for staffing shortage in Boothbay Harbor
- AARP to hold "Scam Jam" to raise awareness about common scams
- Quick thinking by staff averts disasterous fire in assisted living home
- Fire destroys empty trailer home
- Celebrating soldiers from all branches at the Korean War Memorial
- Ceremony at Togus National Cemetery remembered fallen soldiers
- Memorial Day ceremony held in Bucksport
- Eat More Cheese opens new shop in Bangor
- Greater Bangor Convention and Visitor Burea host 2nd Annual Bangor Wine on the Waterfront
- Plea deal done in Las Vegas for 'Pawn Stars' star Chumlee
- Police investigate parents of boy rescued from gorilla
- Police consider possible charges after gorilla killed at Cincinnati Zoo
- General Mills recalls flour over possible E. coli link
- First baby born with Zika-linked microcephaly in New York tri-state area
- Lawyers for Clinton aide block questioning on IT specialist who set up server
- Do Louisiana lawmakers really think the Declaration of Independence is racist and sexist?
- DOJ fights federal judge's order for lawyers to attend ethics training
- Jury finds 'Shield' actor Michael Jace guilty of second-degree murder
- Kaley Cuoco calls killing of gorilla 'senseless'
- Caught on video: Car runs over motorcycle in apparent case of road rage
- SiriusXM suspends Glenn Beck after guest's Trump comments
- Cramped to death? Flier says lack of legroom almost killed him
- Katie Couric takes blame for 'misleading' gap edited into gun documentary
- List of veterans groups receiving Trump fundraiser donations
- Letter from Thomas Jefferson blasts Alexander Hamilton's love of 'every thing English'
- Trump releases details from vet fundraiser, slams media
- Vegan climber whose wife died on Everest: 'It's my fault'
- 'Powers': How Will The Characters Be Affected By Retro Girl's Death?
- Jury Finds 'The Shield' Actor Michael Jace Guilty Of Wife's Murder
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Joins Emily Blunt In 'Mary Poppins Returns'
- Jena Malone Welcomes First Child With Boyfriend Ethan DeLorenzo
- 'Harry Potter And The Cursed Child': See Harry, Ginny & Albus' First Family Portrait
- Lawyers Say Johnny Depp's Estranged Wife Amber Heard Gave Statement To Police
- Bryan Cranston Helping 'Breaking Bad' Co-Star In Race For New Mexico County Seat
- Adele Calls Out Fan For Filming Show Instead Of Watching It
- Katie Couric Addresses 'Under The Gun' Edit
- Ronnie Wood & Wife Welcome Twins
- Cam Newton Brings Nickelodeon Series To White House
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Tops Weekend Box Office
- Two more Baylor staffers out in wake of sex assault scandal
- Jose Fernandez sensational again in Miami as Marlins hold off Pirates
- Jon Jones trashes 'paper champ' Daniel Cormier
- Mariners rout Shields, Padres 16-4
- Brewers' Villar most-added fantasy baseball waiver wire claim
- NBA Finals Prediction: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors Simulation
- Suspended wide receiver Antonio Callaway not enrolled for summer at Florida
- Twins' Mauer wins AL Player of the Week award
- Coach Steve Desimone steps down after 37 years at Cal
- Nunez making statement as Twins leadoff man
- Oregon advances to semifinal of the NCAA championship
- Packers stars Nelson, Rodgers look to rehab chemistry