- Category: Entertainment Tonight
- Created on Friday, 26 July 2013 10:28
- Written by Fox Bangor / ABC 7 News Team
- Hits: 921
In papers filed Friday, Amanda Bynes' parents Rick and Lynn Bynes have petitioned for temporary conservatorship over their 27-year-old daughter, ET has learned.
The documents claim that Bynes' family is "deeply concerned that [she] poses a substantial risk to herself, to others, and to property based on recent events in her life.
ET first learned of the attempt to gain conservatorship from Bynes' former publicist and friend, Jonathan Jaxson.
This move comes after months of erratic behavior from the She's the Man star, who was originally placed on a 5150 hold by police Monday night (72-hour involuntary psychiatric hold) and was taken for mental evaluation. Now, she has reportedly been placed on a 5250 hold which allows her to be held for up to 14 days.
According to Ventura County Sheriff public information officer Captain Don Aguilar, she was involved in a disturbance at a residential area in the 200 block of Avenida de Los Arboles, in Thousand Oaks,Calif. Deputies responded and held her on a 5150 welfare and institutions code.
The 911 call involving Bynes came in at 8:38 p.m. Monday night, reporting a fire in the driveway of a house. The Ventura County Fire Department responded.
Friday's court filings go on to say that the family believes Bynes "is essentially homeless," claiming that she has no residence in California, where she's allegedly been staying since "around July 20."
The family says that they don't know how Bynes travelled from her New York home to California, and that when pressed she claimed to have "cabbed it."
The papers also describe Bynes as "extremely paranoid" and claim that she has no driver's license or formal identification.
More On: Amanda Bynes
- Man arrested for OUI days after cleared of previous charge
- Staples gives away free "thank you" cards for teachers
- Applications open for Environmental Excellence Awards
- Narcan veto overturned
- Penobscot County Sheriff's Office help combat identity theft
- Downtown Bangor clean-up scheduled for tomorrow
- Local students help veterans with their spring cleaning
- New testing in an old case suggest a Jane Doe in Ohio may be from Maine
- Veazie man stabbed at Portland restaurant
- Husson student Jillian Kerr gets award for diabetes project with Wabanaki
- Collaboration is key in University of Maine Ocean Technology Seminar
- Students take part in wildfire training
- School custodian accused of sexual touching is placed on paid leave
- Bangor Shrine Circus at Cross Center this weekend
- Driver who overdoses in vehicle was given narcan by first responders
- Rockport man sentenced for drunk driving death
- Cruz wins majority of delegates at Virginia convention
- Trump: 'Convoluted' interview questioning caused abortion remarks
- Dutch dreamer hopes to bring Noah's Ark replica to Americas
- Cruz determined to win Indiana and more; Sanders now eyes contested convention
- The spark of life: Science and the Bible meet again
- Bodies of elite climber, cameraman found in melting Himalayan glacier
- Report: 11-year-old boy shoots home intruder
- 7 tons of pot seized at a San Diego border crossing
- Cruz says still 'doing everything' to win Indiana, as new poll shows Trump leading by double digits
- Trump replays Clinton 'woman card,' defends 'pull out' Middle East strategy
- Forgotten 'Negro' Medal of Honor seaman buried in mislabeled grave remembered more than 130 years later
- Ripa-Strahan breakup isn't TV's first botched transition
- Car bombings kill at least 23 people in Iraq
- Car bombings kill at least 31 people in Iraq
- Kentucky Confederate monument to be removed after 120 years
- Starbucks faces $5M lawsuit over amount of ice in its iced beverages
- British Airways passenger plane intercepted by Hungarian fighter jets
- Man charged with raping fellow Fort Bragg soldier
- George Lopez Wired Money To Prince's Siblings For Help During Estate Case, Source Says
- Exclusive: Prince's Half-Brother Alfred Nelson Responds To Missing Persons Report, Attorney Says
- Exclusive: Prince's Half-Brother Alfred Jackson Responds To Missing Persons Report, Attorney Says
- 'Game Of Thrones': Cunningham On Davos & Bradley On Samwell
- 'The Jungle Book' Trounces Box Office Competition Again As 'Captain America: Civil War' Looms
- 'Obama Out': President Closes Comedian-In-Chief Run At Correspondents' Dinner
- Kate Middleton Covers British Vogue For Magazine's 100th Anniversary
- 'Outlander': Stanley Weber On Filming 'La Dame Blanche' Dinner Party Scene
- Lady Gaga Takes A Spin On Bradley Cooper's Motorcycle -- See The Pics!
- Chrissy Teigen Shares Sweet Bath Time Pic Of Baby Luna & Almost Can't Handle The Cuteness
- Tori Kelly & Amy Grant Team Up For 'Baby Baby' Remake
- 'Maze Runner' Sequel Delays Production Further Due To Star Dylan O'Brien's Injuries
- Bears release veteran safety Rolle, guard Slauson
- Blues even series on Backes' OT game-winner, beat Stars 4-3
- Ozz Negri and John Pew win at Laguna Seca
- Vegas, Stuard share lead in rain-delayed Zurich Classic
- Local favorite Li Haotong fires 64 to win China Open
- Brad Keselowski wins crazy crash-fest at Talladega
- Stroman allows 1 run, Blue Jays beat Rays 5-1
- Dale Earnhardt, Ayrton Senna still sorely missed 22 years later
- Leicester misses 1st chance to clinch Premier League title
- Braves add Bonifacio for extra bat, Withrow sent to minors
- Four things to watch for today at Talladega
- Liverpool loses 3-1 at Swansea in Premier League