- Category: Entertainment Tonight
- Created on Friday, 26 July 2013 10:28
- Written by Fox Bangor / ABC 7 News Team
- Hits: 951
In papers filed Friday, Amanda Bynes' parents Rick and Lynn Bynes have petitioned for temporary conservatorship over their 27-year-old daughter, ET has learned.
The documents claim that Bynes' family is "deeply concerned that [she] poses a substantial risk to herself, to others, and to property based on recent events in her life.
ET first learned of the attempt to gain conservatorship from Bynes' former publicist and friend, Jonathan Jaxson.
This move comes after months of erratic behavior from the She's the Man star, who was originally placed on a 5150 hold by police Monday night (72-hour involuntary psychiatric hold) and was taken for mental evaluation. Now, she has reportedly been placed on a 5250 hold which allows her to be held for up to 14 days.
According to Ventura County Sheriff public information officer Captain Don Aguilar, she was involved in a disturbance at a residential area in the 200 block of Avenida de Los Arboles, in Thousand Oaks,Calif. Deputies responded and held her on a 5150 welfare and institutions code.
The 911 call involving Bynes came in at 8:38 p.m. Monday night, reporting a fire in the driveway of a house. The Ventura County Fire Department responded.
Friday's court filings go on to say that the family believes Bynes "is essentially homeless," claiming that she has no residence in California, where she's allegedly been staying since "around July 20."
The family says that they don't know how Bynes travelled from her New York home to California, and that when pressed she claimed to have "cabbed it."
The papers also describe Bynes as "extremely paranoid" and claim that she has no driver's license or formal identification.
More On: Amanda Bynes
- Future of waterfronts in Bangor and Brewer
- Bangor woman indicted of theft charges
- National Guard assist in rescue of hiker on AT
- Howard Johnson Restaurant closing as business has become too slow
- UPDATED: Obama Administration designates national monument
- Race could be Boston Marathon qualifier
- School budget vote set for Wednesday
- State leaders and others respond to national monument designation
- Recent rain helps dry conditions
- Methadone clinic sues city of Bangor
- I-95 crash sends one to the hospital
- Sentence stands for former top drug prosecutor
- Governor LePage offers statement on Elliotsville Land transfer
- Police K-9 academy taking place
- Second Amendment backers arm up with ink and paper to battle California's 'Gunmageddon'
- Canadian city pays thousands to ship wayward American rafters back home
- Trump says government can 'work with' illegal immigrants
- Alan Colmes and Jess McIntosh
- Ingraham: Clintons, their wealth and Foundation 'stink'
- Emails suggest Huma Abedin was careless with classified info
- Colombia, FARC rebels reach deal to end half-century war
- Clinton to get first intel briefing under cloud of scandals
- Krauthammer on Obama administration Iran payment: 'Can they not stop lying about this?'
- Couple sought in killing of California mother, kidnapping her 3 kids
- 'Alt right' conservative movement embraces the Trump campaign
- The Latest: San Jose officer placed on leave 2 months ago
- HP Inc. tops Street 3Q forecasts but outlook clips stock
- US intelligence still sorting out purported NSA hack
- South African Archbishop Desmond Tutu back in hospital
- Clinton halfway to raising $1 billion amid ongoing scandals
- Family of gun instructor sues in accidental killing by girl
- Donald Trump urges minorities to trust him and his policies
- Leslie Jones' Personal Site Taken Offline After Hacking
- Jennifer Lopez & Casper Smart Call It Quits -- Again (Report)
- Amanda Bynes Returns To Twitter
- Amber Rose To Compete On 'Dancing With The Stars' -- & She Knows Who Her Partner Is!
- John Legend, Olivia Munn & Terry Crews Lined Up For 'Lip Sync Battle: All Stars Live'
- Bella Thorne Says She's Bisexual
- AFI Cancels 'Birth Of A Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Controversy
- CMT Sets Premiere Date For 'Nashville' Season 5
- Will Simone Biles Be On 'Dancing With The Stars'?
- Lawsuit Filed Over Railing Collapse At Snoop Dogg Concert
- Pharrell To Receive Clive Davis' Legend In Songwriting Award
- Ciara Joins Celebrity Judges Panel For Miss America Pageant
- Marlins get OF Jeff Francoeur from Braves in 3-team trade
- Hope Solo suspended from national team for 6 months
- Bears dealing with changes on offensive line
- Todd Bowles says Geno Smith still Jets' No. 2 QB
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. to miss at least 2 more races
- Solo suspended from US women's national team after 'cowards' remark
- Injuries, suspensions plagued Bills at training camp
- Jaguars' Denard Robinson practicing with heavy heart
- Steelers Heyward ready to work on defensive line
- Florida State's Walker looking to build on last season
- NASCAR Sprint Cup races to be featured on Snapchat
- Darrell Waltrip will be front and center at Darlington Raceway