- Category: Entertainment Tonight
- Created on Friday, 26 July 2013 10:28
- Written by Fox Bangor / ABC 7 News Team
- Hits: 932
In papers filed Friday, Amanda Bynes' parents Rick and Lynn Bynes have petitioned for temporary conservatorship over their 27-year-old daughter, ET has learned.
The documents claim that Bynes' family is "deeply concerned that [she] poses a substantial risk to herself, to others, and to property based on recent events in her life.
ET first learned of the attempt to gain conservatorship from Bynes' former publicist and friend, Jonathan Jaxson.
This move comes after months of erratic behavior from the She's the Man star, who was originally placed on a 5150 hold by police Monday night (72-hour involuntary psychiatric hold) and was taken for mental evaluation. Now, she has reportedly been placed on a 5250 hold which allows her to be held for up to 14 days.
According to Ventura County Sheriff public information officer Captain Don Aguilar, she was involved in a disturbance at a residential area in the 200 block of Avenida de Los Arboles, in Thousand Oaks,Calif. Deputies responded and held her on a 5150 welfare and institutions code.
The 911 call involving Bynes came in at 8:38 p.m. Monday night, reporting a fire in the driveway of a house. The Ventura County Fire Department responded.
Friday's court filings go on to say that the family believes Bynes "is essentially homeless," claiming that she has no residence in California, where she's allegedly been staying since "around July 20."
The family says that they don't know how Bynes travelled from her New York home to California, and that when pressed she claimed to have "cabbed it."
The papers also describe Bynes as "extremely paranoid" and claim that she has no driver's license or formal identification.
More On: Amanda Bynes
- Greenville man dead after dispute over rental property
- Glidden Auto Body Open House gives car away
- Celebrating Husson through concerts and outdoor activities
- Camden National Bank donates to 29 area food banks
- Reports of a very large snake that has not yet been found
- Sen. King introduces bill to help families
- 48 people lose their jobs as Cascades Auburn Fiber Mill closes
- Fire destroys home in Southern Maine as several horses and a dog are rescued
- Body can lose function 10 minutes in cold water
- A man accused of molesting a little girl in Owls Head is awaiting his sentence
- Senators Collins and King call for a vote on gun control
- Local radio station hold telethon for Camp Capella
- Bolthouse Farms voluntarily recalls protein beverages due to possible spoilage
- Referendum questions agreed upon
- Former MSAD 55 ed tech in court, is accused of impregnating student
- Brunswick police officer arrested after being accused of sending obscene material to minor
- More storms on tap for flood-ravaged West Virginia
- Several people stabbed during Neo-Nazi event in Sacramento
- Supreme Court set to rule on abortion clinic restrictions
- Clinton gains ground over Trump in two new national polls
- At least 2 dead, 60,000 acres lost to California wildfires
- 11 injured when roller-coaster derails at park in Scotland
- 10 injured when roller-coaster derails at park in Scotland
- Rapper 50 Cent faces indecent language charges in St. Kitts
- 3 missing women met same man online, Arizona police say
- Items owned by gangster 'Whitey' Bulger fetch $100K at sale
- Trump camp scrambles to shape up before GOP convention
- Mia Love skipping GOP convention
- Girls angry after 'Fame' high school crowns boy prom queen
- Man featured in Elizabeth Warren's anti-Trump ad voted for Trump
- Texas city council votes to evict library’s cat
- Lawyer: Admitted lie made state drop charges against senator
- Brexit remorse? UK lawmaker calls for Parliament to ignore EU referendum
- Oil battle pits energy companies vs. tribes, climate activists
- Beyoncé Performs At The BET Awards 2016
- Prince's Legacy To Be Honored At BET Awards
- 50 Cent Faces Indecent Language Charges In St. Kitts
- 'Finding Dory' Tops The Box Office Again
- 'Outlander' Q&A: Gary Lewis On Colum's Requests For Jamie & Claire In 'The Hail Mary' Episode
- Kanye West Tweets 'Can Somebody Sue Me Already' The Day After Releasing His 'Famous' Video
- Kanye West Tweets (& Later Deletes) 'Can Somebody Sue Me Already' The Day After Releasing His 'Famous' Video (Updated)
- Audrina Patridge & Corey Bohan Welcome Baby Girl
- Kevin Hart Explains Fake Burglar Instagram Post
- Bernie Worrell, Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist, Dies At 72
- Auction Of Whitney Houston Memorabilia Earns $500,000
- Chloë Grace Moretz Reveals She Wanted Plastic Surgery At 16
- Padres' 3-0 loss to Reds finishes successful series
- Former Bruins star Ray Bourque "in unfamiliar territory"
- Kuhl beats Kershaw in MLB debut, Pirates down Dodgers 4-3
- Blue Jays-Rockies preview
- Craig Bowden, Ryan Helminen share PGA Professional lead
- Reynolds' homer in 9th lifts Rockies over Diamondbacks, 9-7
- NBA top draft Simmons' cousin killed in NJ hit-and-run
- Pirates' Mercer leaves game with head and ear discomfort
- Rangers-Yankees preview
- Last meeting with Phils sparked Diamondbacks
- How does Tony Stewart's win shake up the points standings?
- Past few days 'difficult' for former Tennessee coach Pat Summitt