- Category: Entertainment Tonight
- Created on Friday, 26 July 2013 10:28
- Written by Fox Bangor / ABC 7 News Team
- Hits: 938
In papers filed Friday, Amanda Bynes' parents Rick and Lynn Bynes have petitioned for temporary conservatorship over their 27-year-old daughter, ET has learned.
The documents claim that Bynes' family is "deeply concerned that [she] poses a substantial risk to herself, to others, and to property based on recent events in her life.
ET first learned of the attempt to gain conservatorship from Bynes' former publicist and friend, Jonathan Jaxson.
This move comes after months of erratic behavior from the She's the Man star, who was originally placed on a 5150 hold by police Monday night (72-hour involuntary psychiatric hold) and was taken for mental evaluation. Now, she has reportedly been placed on a 5250 hold which allows her to be held for up to 14 days.
According to Ventura County Sheriff public information officer Captain Don Aguilar, she was involved in a disturbance at a residential area in the 200 block of Avenida de Los Arboles, in Thousand Oaks,Calif. Deputies responded and held her on a 5150 welfare and institutions code.
The 911 call involving Bynes came in at 8:38 p.m. Monday night, reporting a fire in the driveway of a house. The Ventura County Fire Department responded.
Friday's court filings go on to say that the family believes Bynes "is essentially homeless," claiming that she has no residence in California, where she's allegedly been staying since "around July 20."
The family says that they don't know how Bynes travelled from her New York home to California, and that when pressed she claimed to have "cabbed it."
The papers also describe Bynes as "extremely paranoid" and claim that she has no driver's license or formal identification.
More On: Amanda Bynes
- Fair Haven Camp finding ways to help kids
- A man from Vinalhaven is accused of attacking a woman and a young boy
- A Bangor man will spend a year and a half in prison for selling cocaine
- A Surry man is hospitalized after a near drowning in Sullivan
- DHHS issues a warning to remind people to wash your hands at fairs and stay safe
- Regulators level playing field with herring limits expanded to Massachusetts
- Proposed changes to Baxter Woods in Portland
- Waterville budget causing contreversy
- MDOT announces Union St. bridge work
- Fire destroys Waldoboro house
- Dover Foxcroft man is accused of selling illegal drugs in the Belfast area
- Man takes plea deal in Old Port shooting and now will testify against other defendant
- Three transported to hospital after multi-vehicle crash in Hampden
- Sex offender waiting on sentence
- Pillsbury sentenced to 50 years for murdering girlfriend in 2013
- Warren man gets eight months in jail
- Congressman tours two facilities while pushing for protecting and growing jobs in Maine
- Syrian refugee arrested in machete murder in Germany
- Trump: France may face more screening after terror attacks
- Sanders: I would have preferred Warren over Kaine for VP pick
- IOC decides against complete ban on Russians from Rio Olympics
- Mom of Gilgo Beach victim Shannan Gilbert found dead, other daughter charged
- AP Source: IOC decides against complete ban on Russians from Rio Olympics
- 'The fix was in': Trump camp stokes Dem tensions over emails suggesting anti-Sanders bias
- Sanders to speak at convention, while DNC Chair Wasserman Schultz reportedly sidelined
- Dem boss reportedly sidelined at convention, Sanders demands new leadership
- Wasserman Schultz ousted from convention role amid email leak
- Remains found believed to be missing Ohio college student
- Munich killer had planned his attack for a year, investigators reveal
- Burned body found as wildfire burns near Los Angeles
- ASEAN split on how to deal with China in South China Sea row
- Four people killed, child injured in shooting at Texas apartment complex
- Hungary prime minister says Trump is better candidate for Europe
- Hundreds honor teen suffering from fatal disease at prom-themed party
- Wildfire north of Los Angeles prompts hundreds of home evacuations
- Next Chapter Of "Star Trek" franchise Will Be Called "Star Trek: Discovery"
- Brie Larson Cast As 'Captain Marvel'
- Rihanna To Join 'Bates Motel' Cast To Play Famous Janet Leigh 'Psycho' Scene
- Rihanna Cast For Famous 'Psycho' Shower Scene In 'Bates Motel' Finale
- Comic-Con: 'Fear The Walking Dead' Introduces Newest Cast Member
- Former 'Bachelor' Ben Higgins Has Decided Not To Run For Public Office In Colorado
- Bobby Brown Welcomes Third Child With Wife Alicia Etheredge
- Justin Bieber Drops New Track 'Cold Water' With Major Lazer
- Edward Snowden On Oliver Stone's Film About Him: It's A "Pretty Accurate Portrayal."
- Edward Snowden On Oliver Stone's Film About Him: It's A "Pretty Accurate Portrayal"
- MTV's 'Teen Wolf' To End After 6 Seasons
- Estate Of Former Beatle George Harrison Doesn't Want Donald Trump Using His Music
- Rio Athletes Village faces leaks, power outages; Australia refuses to move in
- St. Louis Rams give fans 1 more chance to relive memories
- Bengals release safety Taylor Mays
- South Korea, Japan advance in UL International Crown
- Everything you need to know about the Brickyard 400
- All hype aside, who really has what it takes to win today's race?
- Twins outlast Red Sox for 11-9 win
- Davies shuts down Cubs, leads Brewers to 6-1 win
- Giancarlo Stanton, Jose Fernandez help Marlins bounce back against Mets
- Britain's Konta rides big serve to reach first career final
- Van der Zande, Popow win at Lime Rock Park
- Former tennis player Mardy Fiush leads Tahoe celebrity golf