Print this page
Wednesday, 03 January 2018 13:26

Dixfield man badly burned when clothing caught fire Featured

Written by 
Dixfield man badly burned when clothing caught fire

DIXFIELD - An elderly man from Dixfield was badly injured last night when his clothing caught fire.

Authorities said Richard Roberts, 78, was in his kitchen using a propane stove to heat water when it happened.

 

Officials said he suffered burns to 45 percent of his body.

 

He was first rushed to the hospital in Rumford before being airlifted to Maine Medical Center.

 

Roberts lives alone and called 911 himself.

 

There was no damage to the home.

Craig Colson

News Director/Producer/Anchor
[email protected]

Craig Colson became news director and anchor at WVII ABC 7 and WFVX Fox Bangor in December of 2012. He began his career in broadcasting in 1985 while working as a news photographer at another Bangor television station. Craig worked his way up through the ranks and became the main anchor for the nightly newscasts before leaving in 2009. At that point, he became news director for four local radio stations and delivered the morning news before taking on his current position.

Craig grew up in a "news family" and followed in the footsteps of his father who was also a news director and anchor. His brother is also a news photographer at a Boston television station.

Craig's career has brought him all over-reporting from everywhere from Washington D.C. to Red Square in Moscow, Russia. When he isn't reporting the news, Craig can be found taking on new adventures with his two daughters or exploring the coast of Maine in his kayak. His other passion is making furniture in his shop or just about anything involving the outdoors.

Video Biography