Celebration of Martin Luther King Jr's Life
A Service of Light in Celebration of the Life and Witness of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Bangor – on Sunday, January 14 at 4:00 pm, St. John’s Episcopal Church will be hosting an interfaith service in commemoration of the witness of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
This community commemoration will include - Featured guest speaker Richard Blanco, Inaugural Poet Laureate (2013) & author and featured musicians from St. John's, All Souls Congregational, Congregation Beth El and Bangor Area Children's Choir along with additional volunteer singers.
Musical selections include an arrangement of African-American spiritual and contemporary Gospel music, Safe Places of the Heart, and I Believe in the Sun. The service will conclude with America, the Beautiful as arranged by Michael McCarthy (Choirmaster at the National Cathedral) for the Inaugural Prayer Services for President Obama's terms. Child care provided.
WHAT: St. John’s Episcopal Church and All Souls Congregational along with Congregation Beth El and the Bangor Area Children’s Choir will be holding an interfaith service in celebration of the life and witness of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
WHEN: 4:00 p.m., Sunday, January 14th
WHERE: St. John’s Episcopal Church, 225 French Street, Bangor, Maine
WHO: St. John's Episcopal Church All Souls Congregational Church Congregation Beth El Bangor Area Children's Choir
FMI contact Robert Ludwig, Choirmaster at St. John’s Episcopal Church, 207-947-0156 or [email protected]
“To the glory of God, and for the common good.”
- Police identify body found near Fort Kent trail
- Fire at Hancock Lumber in Pittsfield
- Women's March
- Teddy bear clinic
- Former Speaker of the House Mark Eves will have his day in court
- Legislator wants plan in place before possible prison closure
- Economic development plan
- Man accused of stealing from Waterville fundraiser indicted
- Waterville man indicted in connection with police standoff
- Bill would help curb "food shaming" in Maine schools
- Maine wardens warn of thin ice throughout state
- Legislation would help make rural roads a priority when considering upgrades
- Amazon nixes Maine
- iPhone X long-term review: A bit of a love-hate relationship
- Video of swarming rats worries Paris, amid flooding worries
- The Latest: Russia says US foments Syria Kurdish separatism
- France welcomes Trump decision to stay in Iran nuclear pact
- Iraqi parliament sets May 12 as date for national elections
- Brand-new US Navy warship trapped in Canada amid cold and ice
- In Syria's Aleppo, old bazaar struggles to come back to life
- Philippines volcano sends huge plume of ash into sky, prompts warning from officials
- Sen. Doug Jones co-sponsors bill to pay military during government shutdown
- High school wrestlers waterboarded freshman member, report says
- Trump's relationship with top Dems 'deteriorating' amid shutdown standoff
- China threatens military buildup in South China Sea after US Navy warship's passage: paper
- California Democrats want some businesses to fork over half tax-cut savings to state
- German city bans new refugees amid anti-migrant mood
- Shutdown enters third day as McConnell calls for bipartisan compromise: 'Step back from the brink'
- Steve Says: Shutdown Shambles
- Bloodied fan arrested at tailgating brawl with cops before Eagles championship game
- Explosive device triggers fire at Florida mall, forcing evacuation
- Katie Couric Will Co-Host The Opening Ceremony Of The 2018 Winter Olympics
- London Zoo Honors Prince Harry's Fiancee By Naming Newborn Okapi 'Meghan"
- Eric Church, Maren Morris and Brothers Osborne Will Perform Grammy Tribute For Route 91 Harvest Festival Victims
- Mila Kunis Named Woman Of The Year By Harvard University's Hasty Pudding Theatricals
- Shawn Mendes Adorably Congratulates Camila Cabello On Debut Album
- BTS Fanboys Over Ansel Elgort's New Song 'Supernova'
- Is Zayn Malik’s New Tattoo A Tribute To Girlfriend Gigi Hadid?
- Jamie-Lynn Sigler Welcomes Her Second Child With Husband Cutter Dykstra
- Timothee Chalamet To Donate Salary From Upcoming Woody Allen Film To Charity
- Dolores O'Riordan Death Is Not Being Treated As Suspicious According To British Police
- 49th NAACP Image Awards: All The Moments You May Have Missed
- 49th NAACP Image Awards: Complete List Of Winners
- Empire State Building lights up to honor Eagles, Patriots and New Yorkers are not happy
- End of the road: Jaguars succumb to Tom Brady, Patriots in AFC Championship game
- Tom Brady starts AFC Championship Game with bandaged hand
- Miami CB Malek Young to have career-ending surgery to repair neck injury
- Miami rides sizzling shooting effort to road win over NC State
- New Twins pitcher Pineda meets fans, but field will have to wait
- Jim Johannson, US Olympic men’s hockey general manager, dies unexpectedly at age 53
- Philadelphia city crews grease poles before Eagles, Vikings face off in NFC Championship game
- Preview: Magic try to add to Celtics' recent slump with visit to Boston
- Preview: Jaguars' defense gets biggest test yet against Patriots in AFC Championship game
- Tom Brady's playing status unclear ahead of Sunday's AFC title game
- RECAP: Clippers 'just didn't have it' in loss to Jazz