Cooking with Sea Veggies at Penobscot Marine Museum
Cooking with Sea Veggies
At Penobscot Marine Museum
(Searsport, Maine) Penobscot Marine Museum presents Cooking with Sea Veggies with Micah Woodcock of Atlantic Holdfast Seaweed Company on Saturday, January 20, 2018, at 2:00 p.m. Attendees will explore the culinary possibilities of Maine’s native sea vegetables and will prepare several dishes using local seaweed. The program is free and open to the public. This free presentation will take place on the Penobscot Marine Museum campus.
Cooking with Sea Veggies continues the conversation begun last summer at Maine Marine Fare about what we take from and eat from the sea off the Maine coast. Woodcock will work with participants to distinguish different seaweed and to learn the uses of each as well as how the seaweeds are harvested, and their culinary, ecological, and economic importance.
Micah Woodcock is the owner/operator of Atlantic Holdfast Seaweed Company, a small business working to sustainably hand-harvest sea vegetables in Penobscot Bay since 2010. Woodcock’s harvesting operation is based on a remote island 7 miles off of Stonington, where the strong currents, active surf, and full exposure to the force of the open ocean have allowed these seaweeds to thrive for millennia.
For more information or to reserve your space, please call Penobscot Marine Museum at 207-548-2529.
- Women's March
- Teddy bear clinic
- Former Speaker of the House Mark Eves will have his day in court
- Legislator wants plan in place before possible prison closure
- Economic development plan
- Man accused of stealing from Waterville fundraiser indicted
- Waterville man indicted in connection with police standoff
- Bill would help curb "food shaming" in Maine schools
- Maine wardens warn of thin ice throughout state
- Legislation would help make rural roads a priority when considering upgrades
- Amazon nixes Maine
- "Tats and Dogs" was the theme at local tattoo parlor fundraiser
- Legislator asking for communication between agencies dealing with opioid crisis
- UPDATED: Three people rescued from Lond Pond on MDI
- Congo police fire tear gas to disperse demonstrators
- Khe Sanh veterans recall Vietnam battle's start 50 years ago Sunday
- Pakistan police officer fired over killings is shot dead
- German Social Democrats debate coalition talks with Merkel
- The Latest: Jordan king tells Pence US must 'rebuild trust'
- Death toll in Prague hotel fire increases to 3
- France, Germany pledge closer ties with new bilateral treaty
- Taliban claim responsibility for deadly attack at Kabul hotel
- The Latest: Turkey says troops enter Syrian Kurdish enclave
- The NFL desperately needs to hire more women -- Here's why
- Government shutdown to prevent US troops overseas from watching NFL playoff games
- Nassar scandal has Michigan State president facing call to resign
- California mudslides death toll rises after woman's body is found
- Second day of global female empowerment marches scheduled
- Lebanese women look for greater role in parliament elections
- Pence defends Trump's shift in Israeli policies
- Kabul hotel attack leaves at least 5 civilians dead
- Pope wrapping up contentious, restive trip to Latin America
- Katie Couric Will Co-Host The Opening Ceremony Of The 2018 Winter Olympics
- London Zoo Honors Prince Harry's Fiancee By Naming Newborn Okapi 'Meghan"
- Eric Church, Maren Morris and Brothers Osborne Will Perform Grammy Tribute For Route 91 Harvest Festival Victims
- Mila Kunis Named Woman Of The Year By Harvard University's Hasty Pudding Theatricals
- Shawn Mendes Adorably Congratulates Camila Cabello On Debut Album
- BTS Fanboys Over Ansel Elgort's New Song 'Supernova'
- Is Zayn Malik’s New Tattoo A Tribute To Girlfriend Gigi Hadid?
- Jamie-Lynn Sigler Welcomes Her Second Child With Husband Cutter Dykstra
- Timothee Chalamet To Donate Salary From Upcoming Woody Allen Film To Charity
- Dolores O'Riordan Death Is Not Being Treated As Suspicious According To British Police
- 49th NAACP Image Awards: All The Moments You May Have Missed
- 49th NAACP Image Awards: Complete List Of Winners
- Tom Brady's playing status unclear ahead of Sunday's AFC title game
- RECAP: Clippers 'just didn't have it' in loss to Jazz
- Florida rallies down the stretch, upsets Kentucky on the road
- Lightning upended by Wild to begin long road trip as losing streak grows to 3
- Panthers lose tough road matchup to Predators
- Heat reel off 6 unanswered points in waning seconds to cap comeback win over Hornets
- No Garden party: Coffey returns, but Gophers fall to Ohio State
- Jaguars CB Jalen Ramsey eager to match up against Rob Gronkowski
- FSU's Willie Taggart announces 5 new hires to fill out coaching staff
- Aaron Ekblad nets game-winner in OT as Panthers take down Golden Knights
- Heat go cold in 2nd half, fall on road to Nets
- Brady staying tight-lipped on hand injury