YMCA Biggest Mover Challenge 8-wk program
Happy 2018! I hope you had fun ringing in the New Year! And speaking of the New Year, the Bangor Region YMCA is getting ready to kick off our Biggest Mover Challenge program to help people who want to lose weight, lose the inches, implement healthy habits into their daily routine, increase strength, and really improve their overall health! This 8-week program begins January 22nd and registration ends THIS Sunday, January 7th!
Participants will be put into groups and train twice a week with a certified personal trainer for 8 weeks, but that’s not all. The purpose of putting them into groups is to create a buddy system, helping them keep each other accountable while creating a supportive environment that will continue to motivate them throughout the program. There is a weigh-in at the end of each week and weekly winners are announced, but in our program, it’s not just about the pounds. Our program also incorporate a point system and weekly challenges that encourages participants to workout on their non-training days, eat healthier, sleep more, and really help them take care of their overall wellness. The Biggest Mover Challenge isn’t just another weight loss program, but really a program to help people improve their overall wellness. We have had participants lose 20lbs or more through this program! And have seen people really continue with their healthy habits after the program ends, instead of reverting back to their old unhealthy habits.
YouTube link to a video of one of our past Biggest Mover participants who saw a huge change in her health when she participated in the program: youtu.be/81lXyyq_BIU
The Y: We're for youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
- Police identify body found near Fort Kent trail
- Fire at Hancock Lumber in Pittsfield
- Women's March
- Teddy bear clinic
- Former Speaker of the House Mark Eves will have his day in court
- Legislator wants plan in place before possible prison closure
- Economic development plan
- Man accused of stealing from Waterville fundraiser indicted
- Waterville man indicted in connection with police standoff
- Bill would help curb "food shaming" in Maine schools
- Maine wardens warn of thin ice throughout state
- Legislation would help make rural roads a priority when considering upgrades
- Amazon nixes Maine
- Philippines volcano sends huge plume of ash into sky, prompts warning from officials
- Sen. Doug Jones co-sponsors bill to pay military during government shutdown
- High school wrestlers waterboarded freshman member, report says
- Trump's relationship with top Dems 'deteriorating' amid shutdown standoff
- China threatens military buildup in South China Sea after US Navy warship's passage: paper
- California Democrats want some businesses to fork over half tax-cut savings to state
- German city bans new refugees amid anti-migrant mood
- Shutdown enters third day as McConnell calls for bipartisan compromise: 'Step back from the brink'
- Steve Says: Shutdown Shambles
- Bloodied fan arrested at tailgating brawl with cops before Eagles championship game
- Explosive device triggers fire at Florida mall, forcing evacuation
- Aziz Ansari receives no applause, skips the Screen Actors Guild Awards amid sexual misconduct controversy
- Naked man shocks drivers, causes crash on Philadelphia interstate
- Keys returns to Aussie Open quarters with win over Garcia
- Scandalous: Up Crooked Creek
- Alison Brie defends brother-in-law James Franco saying reports are not 'fully accurate'
- 3 men shot in midtown Manhattan near Macy's, no arrests made
- Saudi coalition announces $1.5 billion in aid for Yemen
- Katie Couric Will Co-Host The Opening Ceremony Of The 2018 Winter Olympics
- London Zoo Honors Prince Harry's Fiancee By Naming Newborn Okapi 'Meghan"
- Eric Church, Maren Morris and Brothers Osborne Will Perform Grammy Tribute For Route 91 Harvest Festival Victims
- Mila Kunis Named Woman Of The Year By Harvard University's Hasty Pudding Theatricals
- Shawn Mendes Adorably Congratulates Camila Cabello On Debut Album
- BTS Fanboys Over Ansel Elgort's New Song 'Supernova'
- Is Zayn Malik’s New Tattoo A Tribute To Girlfriend Gigi Hadid?
- Jamie-Lynn Sigler Welcomes Her Second Child With Husband Cutter Dykstra
- Timothee Chalamet To Donate Salary From Upcoming Woody Allen Film To Charity
- Dolores O'Riordan Death Is Not Being Treated As Suspicious According To British Police
- 49th NAACP Image Awards: All The Moments You May Have Missed
- 49th NAACP Image Awards: Complete List Of Winners
- Empire State Building lights up to honor Eagles, Patriots and New Yorkers are not happy
- End of the road: Jaguars succumb to Tom Brady, Patriots in AFC Championship game
- Tom Brady starts AFC Championship Game with bandaged hand
- Miami CB Malek Young to have career-ending surgery to repair neck injury
- Miami rides sizzling shooting effort to road win over NC State
- New Twins pitcher Pineda meets fans, but field will have to wait
- Jim Johannson, US Olympic men’s hockey general manager, dies unexpectedly at age 53
- Philadelphia city crews grease poles before Eagles, Vikings face off in NFC Championship game
- Preview: Magic try to add to Celtics' recent slump with visit to Boston
- Preview: Jaguars' defense gets biggest test yet against Patriots in AFC Championship game
- Tom Brady's playing status unclear ahead of Sunday's AFC title game
- RECAP: Clippers 'just didn't have it' in loss to Jazz