MDI Historical Society's 7th Annual Bean Supper- Tickets at Door Only
7th Annual Bean Supper to explore local food traditions
Join the Mount Desert Island Historical Society at MDI High School on January 22nd, 2018 from 6-8pm for our 7th Annual Bean Supper and a special panel moderated by Dr. Rachel A. Snell. Community bean bakers will again present their delicious versions of this classic New England staple, accompanied by sausages, brown bread, coleslaw, pickles, rolls, and cookies. After supper, the panel will explore local food traditions from agricultural, culinary, and historical angles, featuring perspectives from Amanda Kendall (Sassafras Catering), C.J. Walke (Peggy Rockefeller Farm), and Emily Damon (Mount Desert Elementary School and Isleford Dock).
Tickets are $10 for adults / $5 for children and will be sold only at the door.
About the Mount Desert Island Historical Society:
The Mount Desert Island Historical Society fosters meaningful engagement with the histories of Mount Desert Island. For more, visit www.mdihistory.org.
Image 1: Community members sample a selection of beans in the cafeteria of MDI High School.
Image 2: The poster for this year's Annual Supper and panel on food culture with Dr. Rachel A. Snell.
- Police identify body found near Fort Kent trail
- Fire at Hancock Lumber in Pittsfield
- Women's March
- Teddy bear clinic
- Former Speaker of the House Mark Eves will have his day in court
- Legislator wants plan in place before possible prison closure
- Economic development plan
- Man accused of stealing from Waterville fundraiser indicted
- Waterville man indicted in connection with police standoff
- Bill would help curb "food shaming" in Maine schools
- Maine wardens warn of thin ice throughout state
- Legislation would help make rural roads a priority when considering upgrades
- Amazon nixes Maine
- Philippines volcano sends huge plume of ash into sky, prompts warning from officials
- Sen. Doug Jones co-sponsors bill to pay military during government shutdown
- High school wrestlers waterboarded freshman member, report says
- Trump's relationship with top Dems 'deteriorating' amid shutdown standoff
- China threatens military buildup in South China Sea after US Navy warship's passage: paper
- California Democrats want some businesses to fork over half tax-cut savings to state
- German city bans new refugees amid anti-migrant mood
- Shutdown enters third day as McConnell calls for bipartisan compromise: 'Step back from the brink'
- Steve Says: Shutdown Shambles
- Bloodied fan arrested at tailgating brawl with cops before Eagles championship game
- Explosive device triggers fire at Florida mall, forcing evacuation
- Aziz Ansari receives no applause, skips the Screen Actors Guild Awards amid sexual misconduct controversy
- Naked man shocks drivers, causes crash on Philadelphia interstate
- Keys returns to Aussie Open quarters with win over Garcia
- Scandalous: Up Crooked Creek
- Alison Brie defends brother-in-law James Franco saying reports are not 'fully accurate'
- 3 men shot in midtown Manhattan near Macy's, no arrests made
- Saudi coalition announces $1.5 billion in aid for Yemen
- Katie Couric Will Co-Host The Opening Ceremony Of The 2018 Winter Olympics
- London Zoo Honors Prince Harry's Fiancee By Naming Newborn Okapi 'Meghan"
- Eric Church, Maren Morris and Brothers Osborne Will Perform Grammy Tribute For Route 91 Harvest Festival Victims
- Mila Kunis Named Woman Of The Year By Harvard University's Hasty Pudding Theatricals
- Shawn Mendes Adorably Congratulates Camila Cabello On Debut Album
- BTS Fanboys Over Ansel Elgort's New Song 'Supernova'
- Is Zayn Malik’s New Tattoo A Tribute To Girlfriend Gigi Hadid?
- Jamie-Lynn Sigler Welcomes Her Second Child With Husband Cutter Dykstra
- Timothee Chalamet To Donate Salary From Upcoming Woody Allen Film To Charity
- Dolores O'Riordan Death Is Not Being Treated As Suspicious According To British Police
- 49th NAACP Image Awards: All The Moments You May Have Missed
- 49th NAACP Image Awards: Complete List Of Winners
- Empire State Building lights up to honor Eagles, Patriots and New Yorkers are not happy
- End of the road: Jaguars succumb to Tom Brady, Patriots in AFC Championship game
- Tom Brady starts AFC Championship Game with bandaged hand
- Miami CB Malek Young to have career-ending surgery to repair neck injury
- Miami rides sizzling shooting effort to road win over NC State
- New Twins pitcher Pineda meets fans, but field will have to wait
- Jim Johannson, US Olympic men’s hockey general manager, dies unexpectedly at age 53
- Philadelphia city crews grease poles before Eagles, Vikings face off in NFC Championship game
- Preview: Magic try to add to Celtics' recent slump with visit to Boston
- Preview: Jaguars' defense gets biggest test yet against Patriots in AFC Championship game
- Tom Brady's playing status unclear ahead of Sunday's AFC title game
- RECAP: Clippers 'just didn't have it' in loss to Jazz