Parent group plans Jan 27 Winter Luau Fundraiser Dinner and Dance
Parent group plans Jan 27 Winter Luau Fundraiser to beat back winter blues
Contact: Kellie Guarino, parent group member, 207-669-0576
December 290th – On Saturday night, January 27th, the community is invited to beat the cold by attending a special WINTER LUAU dinner and dance fundraiser for Messalonskee High School Class of 2019 at the Waterville Elks Banquet and Conference Center (76 Industrial Street) starting at 6:30 pm.
Funds raised will support certain class graduation costs and the student celebration afterward. This event is one of a series that the parent volunteers have been planning to entertain the broader community over the winter months and raise needed funds for the class. In addition to the Luau, a paint night as well as a Junior Auction is in the works.
The goal of these events is to get parents, friends, neighbors, and family in the community together for some fun throughout the year. Kellie Guarino, who has a Junior at Messalonskee, states “Parents who invest a lot of time and energy fundraising for the school should definitely have some tremendous fun while doing it! This Winter Luau on January 27 will give us an opportunity together to celebrate these wonderful students who have been growing alongside this community for years. And besides, what a great excuse for an adult night out to benefit a great cause!”
The Messalonskee parent group hopes the surrounding community will turn out in large numbers to participant in this event which is meant to be a reprieve from the long winter in Maine that has been hitting record lows recently. There will be a Hawaian buffet complete with coconut crusted haddock and Huli Huli chicken, plus banana/coconut cream pies and pineapple upside down cake for dessert. In addition, there will be tropical drink special options at the cash bar and a festive tiki photo booth-like opportunity to capture those Hawaian shirts and get in the Luau spirit. Entertainment is to be provided by DJ and Messalonskee alumni Forrest Labbe.
Those interesting in joining this WINTER LUAU on January 27th - a community dinner and dance party to benefit Messalonskee High School and the Class of 2019 – can purchase tickets online at https://winter_luau.eventbrite.com. Doors open at 6:30 at Waterville Elks, dinner will be served around 7:30, and dancing should begin by 9. Tickets are $50 each or $80 per couple and tables of 8 can be reserved for groups as well. For further information, please call 207-669-0576.
- Police identify body found near Fort Kent trail
- Fire at Hancock Lumber in Pittsfield
- Women's March
- Teddy bear clinic
- Former Speaker of the House Mark Eves will have his day in court
- Legislator wants plan in place before possible prison closure
- Economic development plan
- Man accused of stealing from Waterville fundraiser indicted
- Waterville man indicted in connection with police standoff
- Bill would help curb "food shaming" in Maine schools
- Maine wardens warn of thin ice throughout state
- Legislation would help make rural roads a priority when considering upgrades
- Amazon nixes Maine
- Philippines volcano sends huge plume of ash into sky, prompts warning from officials
- Sen. Doug Jones co-sponsors bill to pay military during government shutdown
- High school wrestlers waterboarded freshman member, report says
- Trump's relationship with top Dems 'deteriorating' amid shutdown standoff
- China threatens military buildup in South China Sea after US Navy warship's passage: paper
- California Democrats want some businesses to fork over half tax-cut savings to state
- German city bans new refugees amid anti-migrant mood
- Shutdown enters third day as McConnell calls for bipartisan compromise: 'Step back from the brink'
- Steve Says: Shutdown Shambles
- Bloodied fan arrested at tailgating brawl with cops before Eagles championship game
- Explosive device triggers fire at Florida mall, forcing evacuation
- Aziz Ansari receives no applause, skips the Screen Actors Guild Awards amid sexual misconduct controversy
- Naked man shocks drivers, causes crash on Philadelphia interstate
- Keys returns to Aussie Open quarters with win over Garcia
- Scandalous: Up Crooked Creek
- Alison Brie defends brother-in-law James Franco saying reports are not 'fully accurate'
- 3 men shot in midtown Manhattan near Macy's, no arrests made
- Saudi coalition announces $1.5 billion in aid for Yemen
- Katie Couric Will Co-Host The Opening Ceremony Of The 2018 Winter Olympics
- London Zoo Honors Prince Harry's Fiancee By Naming Newborn Okapi 'Meghan"
- Eric Church, Maren Morris and Brothers Osborne Will Perform Grammy Tribute For Route 91 Harvest Festival Victims
- Mila Kunis Named Woman Of The Year By Harvard University's Hasty Pudding Theatricals
- Shawn Mendes Adorably Congratulates Camila Cabello On Debut Album
- BTS Fanboys Over Ansel Elgort's New Song 'Supernova'
- Is Zayn Malik’s New Tattoo A Tribute To Girlfriend Gigi Hadid?
- Jamie-Lynn Sigler Welcomes Her Second Child With Husband Cutter Dykstra
- Timothee Chalamet To Donate Salary From Upcoming Woody Allen Film To Charity
- Dolores O'Riordan Death Is Not Being Treated As Suspicious According To British Police
- 49th NAACP Image Awards: All The Moments You May Have Missed
- 49th NAACP Image Awards: Complete List Of Winners
- Empire State Building lights up to honor Eagles, Patriots and New Yorkers are not happy
- End of the road: Jaguars succumb to Tom Brady, Patriots in AFC Championship game
- Tom Brady starts AFC Championship Game with bandaged hand
- Miami CB Malek Young to have career-ending surgery to repair neck injury
- Miami rides sizzling shooting effort to road win over NC State
- New Twins pitcher Pineda meets fans, but field will have to wait
- Jim Johannson, US Olympic men’s hockey general manager, dies unexpectedly at age 53
- Philadelphia city crews grease poles before Eagles, Vikings face off in NFC Championship game
- Preview: Magic try to add to Celtics' recent slump with visit to Boston
- Preview: Jaguars' defense gets biggest test yet against Patriots in AFC Championship game
- Tom Brady's playing status unclear ahead of Sunday's AFC title game
- RECAP: Clippers 'just didn't have it' in loss to Jazz