SIX-TIME GRAMMY NOMINATED MIKE STERN TO PERFORM IN BREWER
BREWER, ME – Bangor Savings Bank is proud to present the second annual Brewer Music Jazz Residency Capstone Concert at the Brewer Performing Arts Center, January 5 at 7:00 pm, with support from Jazz Residency Initiative and Brewer Music Association. The concert will feature world renowned six-time Grammy-nominated jazz guitarist Mike Stern, along with the Brewer Community School and the Brewer High Jazz ensembles. The concert will also include a professional set during which Mr. Stern will be joined on stage by regional professionals. Stern will be leading an artist-in-residency experience for Brewer student musicians for three days prior to the concert. During the residency, he will be teaching a series of masterclasses, as well as providing instruction and feedback to student instrumentalists.
Mike Stern is a six-time Grammy nominated jazz guitarist. After studying jazz at Berklee College of Music his career took off when he joined Blood Sweat & Tears in 1976. After a few years and two albums with BS&T, he joined Billy Cobham’s band and eventually joined Miles Davis’s group in 1981. Stern launched his solo debut album Upside Downside which he recorded with Jaco Pastorius, David Sanborn and Bob Berg in 1986. During his career, he has recorded 16 albums as a leader, and his collaborations have included working with Michael Becker. Kenny Garrett, Bela Fleck, Peter Erskine, Joe Henderson, Dave Weckl, John Patitucci, Jack DeJohnette, Victor Wooten, and the Yellowjackets.
- Police identify body found near Fort Kent trail
- Fire at Hancock Lumber in Pittsfield
- Women's March
- Teddy bear clinic
- Former Speaker of the House Mark Eves will have his day in court
- Legislator wants plan in place before possible prison closure
- Economic development plan
- Man accused of stealing from Waterville fundraiser indicted
- Waterville man indicted in connection with police standoff
- Bill would help curb "food shaming" in Maine schools
- Maine wardens warn of thin ice throughout state
- Legislation would help make rural roads a priority when considering upgrades
- Amazon nixes Maine
- Philippines volcano sends huge plume of ash into sky, prompts warning from officials
- Sen. Doug Jones co-sponsors bill to pay military during government shutdown
- High school wrestlers waterboarded freshman member, report says
- Trump's relationship with top Dems 'deteriorating' amid shutdown standoff
- China threatens military buildup in South China Sea after US Navy warship's passage: paper
- California Democrats want some businesses to fork over half tax-cut savings to state
- German city bans new refugees amid anti-migrant mood
- Shutdown enters third day as McConnell calls for bipartisan compromise: 'Step back from the brink'
- Steve Says: Shutdown Shambles
- Bloodied fan arrested at tailgating brawl with cops before Eagles championship game
- Explosive device triggers fire at Florida mall, forcing evacuation
- Aziz Ansari receives no applause, skips the Screen Actors Guild Awards amid sexual misconduct controversy
- Naked man shocks drivers, causes crash on Philadelphia interstate
- Keys returns to Aussie Open quarters with win over Garcia
- Scandalous: Up Crooked Creek
- Alison Brie defends brother-in-law James Franco saying reports are not 'fully accurate'
- 3 men shot in midtown Manhattan near Macy's, no arrests made
- Saudi coalition announces $1.5 billion in aid for Yemen
- Katie Couric Will Co-Host The Opening Ceremony Of The 2018 Winter Olympics
- London Zoo Honors Prince Harry's Fiancee By Naming Newborn Okapi 'Meghan"
- Eric Church, Maren Morris and Brothers Osborne Will Perform Grammy Tribute For Route 91 Harvest Festival Victims
- Mila Kunis Named Woman Of The Year By Harvard University's Hasty Pudding Theatricals
- Shawn Mendes Adorably Congratulates Camila Cabello On Debut Album
- BTS Fanboys Over Ansel Elgort's New Song 'Supernova'
- Is Zayn Malik’s New Tattoo A Tribute To Girlfriend Gigi Hadid?
- Jamie-Lynn Sigler Welcomes Her Second Child With Husband Cutter Dykstra
- Timothee Chalamet To Donate Salary From Upcoming Woody Allen Film To Charity
- Dolores O'Riordan Death Is Not Being Treated As Suspicious According To British Police
- 49th NAACP Image Awards: All The Moments You May Have Missed
- 49th NAACP Image Awards: Complete List Of Winners
- Empire State Building lights up to honor Eagles, Patriots and New Yorkers are not happy
- End of the road: Jaguars succumb to Tom Brady, Patriots in AFC Championship game
- Tom Brady starts AFC Championship Game with bandaged hand
- Miami CB Malek Young to have career-ending surgery to repair neck injury
- Miami rides sizzling shooting effort to road win over NC State
- New Twins pitcher Pineda meets fans, but field will have to wait
- Jim Johannson, US Olympic men’s hockey general manager, dies unexpectedly at age 53
- Philadelphia city crews grease poles before Eagles, Vikings face off in NFC Championship game
- Preview: Magic try to add to Celtics' recent slump with visit to Boston
- Preview: Jaguars' defense gets biggest test yet against Patriots in AFC Championship game
- Tom Brady's playing status unclear ahead of Sunday's AFC title game
- RECAP: Clippers 'just didn't have it' in loss to Jazz