Parents Who Have Lost a Child to Drug Overdose Support Group
Hospice Volunteers of Hancock County announces a new support group for Parents Who Have Lost a Child to Drug Overdose. The group will be held Thursdays August 31 through October 5, from 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. at the HVHC Ellsworth office. The group is free of charge but participants need to register at least a week in advance to allow time for group preparation. For more information, call Hospice Volunteers of Hancock County at 667-2531.
Losing a child to drug overdose can make you feel alone and in pain. Maybe you are thinking no one could possibly understand how you feel. If you have lost a child to drug overdose, you are not alone. There were 378 overdose deaths in Maine in 2016, that's an average of more than one overdose death per day throughout the state. This group will provide a safe, non-judgmental, confidential space to receive support, to share difficult emotions and to build connection.
Please join us for this initial offering supporting parents who have lost a child to drug overdose.
- Marijuana regulation law has some advocates crying foul
- University of Maine at Machias now offering debt reduction plan
- Dover-Foxcroft lawmaker changes political party
- Acadia Hospital releases first video in a series geared towards teens and children
- Orono votes to extend marijuana moratorium
- Senator Mike Thibodeau announces bid for Maine Governor
- Maine State Treasurer Terry Hayes has officially kicked off her campaign for governor
- The wreckage has been cleared along a stretch of interstate in Pittsfield
- Week 2 of Anthony Sanborn hearings
- Washington County is experiencing electric service distruptions
- Shaw House recipient of large grant
- Waterville man arrested for breaking a protection order
- Deadly accident in Addison results in charges on driver
- UPDATED; Corinth accident victim named
- Reports: Marilyn Manson injured during New York concert
- McCain condemns isolationist politics, calls it 'unpatriotic'
- Airman who went missing in 1977 found living double life in Florida
- Trump dossier firm's 'smear' tactics unveiled: Fusion GPS labeled critic a 'pedophile,' 'extortionist' and 'drug trafficker'
- Sailors found dead at home days apart
- Fox News Poll: Roy Moore, Doug Jones neck-and-neck in Alabama Senate race
- Vegas hotel security guard's disappearance draws attention
- Stabbing, dismemberment conviction stands in Louisiana case
- Michigan judge rescinds order in sex offender custody case
- Greenpeace plane crashes in northern Brazil killing 1
- Italy: Turin's populist mayor investigated over city budget
- Murder charge filed in case of missing Nebraska student
- MS-13 cohorts plead guilty in vicious revenge killing of 15-year-old Virginia girl
- Terror scheme or fantasy? Jurors weigh beheading plot case
- Daughter testifies against ex-Oklahoma officer father
- The Latest: Jury to return Wednesday in beheading plot trial
- New UN envoy pays first visit to disputed Western Sahara
- Couple who had sex in Domino's spared jail time
- Janet Jackson And Ciara Hit Disneyland For Fairytale Playdate With Their Kiddos
- Anthony Bourdain Supports Girlfriend Asia Argento In Social Media Posts
- Bruno Mars Performs Incredible Acoustic Version of 'That's What I Like' – Watch!
- EXCLUSIVE: Get A Sneak Peek at Season 3 Of 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow'
- Khloé Kardashian & Kylie Jenner Are Totally Twinning – See The Pics!
- 'DWTS' Eliminates Fan Favorite Derek Fisher During 'Most Memorable Year' Week
- Lea Michele, Darren Criss, Ryan Murphy & More Have An Epic 'Glee’ Reunion At The Elsie Festival
- Jennifer Garner Proves She's Still A 'Band Geek' At College Football Game
- Blue Ivy Looks Just Like Beyoncé When She Was A Kiddo – See The Pic!
- Prince Harry Announces Mental Health Partnership With Armed Forces In Emotional Speech
- Taylor Swift Surprised Fans On Instagram & They Totally Freaked Out
- Jason Aldean Returns To Las Vegas One Week After Mass Shooting
- NFL, players leave door open on kneeling during national anthem
- Louisville basketball coach Rick Pitino fired following corruption, fraud investigation
- National anthem protests: Florida man takes 'Boycott the Jags and the NFL' message to sky
- Tokyo's 1964 Olympic flame went out four years ago, report says
- Chargers edge Raiders on Novak's late field goal
- Al Michaels apologizes for comparing Giants to Harvey Weinstein
- Colin Kaepernick files grievance accusing NFL owners of collusion
- Green Bay Packers' Aaron Rodgers could miss rest of season with broken collarbone
- Colin Kaepernick files grievance accusing NFL owners of collusion, report says
- Buccaneers lose QB Jameis Winston to injury, can't complete comeback in loss to Cardinals
- Philadelphia Eagles' Marcus Johnson baptized in hotel pool with teammates by his side
- Dodgers top Cubs in Game 1 of NL title series