Parents Who Have Lost a Child to Drug Overdose Support Group
Hospice Volunteers of Hancock County announces a new support group for Parents Who Have Lost a Child to Drug Overdose. The group will be held Thursdays August 31 through October 5, from 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. at the HVHC Ellsworth office. The group is free of charge but participants need to register at least a week in advance to allow time for group preparation. For more information, call Hospice Volunteers of Hancock County at 667-2531.
Losing a child to drug overdose can make you feel alone and in pain. Maybe you are thinking no one could possibly understand how you feel. If you have lost a child to drug overdose, you are not alone. There were 378 overdose deaths in Maine in 2016, that's an average of more than one overdose death per day throughout the state. This group will provide a safe, non-judgmental, confidential space to receive support, to share difficult emotions and to build connection.
Please join us for this initial offering supporting parents who have lost a child to drug overdose.
- Washington County is experiencing electric service distruptions
- Shaw House recipient of large grant
- Waterville man arrested for breaking a protection order
- Deadly accident in Addison results in charges on driver
- UPDATED; Corinth accident victim named
- Teenager accused of stealing women's underwear from multiple homes
- Two Bangor councilors state they are not running again
- Death toll rises in the wake of truck bomb in Somalia
- Machias Airport making several improvements
- Anthony Sanborn appeal day 4 concluded Friday
- Farmington fire displaces three people
- Dump truck catches fire in Garland
- Senator Collins "disappointed" over Trump's latest Executive Order
- Volunteers prepare for one of the scariest haunted houses of the year
- Sunday kicks off Greater Bangor Beer Week
- Officials investigating fatal crash in Corinth Friday
- Reports: Marilyn Manson injured during New York concert
- McCain condemns isolationist politics, calls it 'unpatriotic'
- Atlanta mom charged with murder after allegedly putting 2 young sons in oven
- Bergdahl leaves fate to judge after guilty plea; faces potential life sentence
- Hannity - Monday, October 16
- The Latest: Duterte says Marawi liberated, still skirmishes
- New mom who lost all her limbs after giving birth sues hospital
- Special Report With Bret Baier - Monday, October 16
- Report: IRS refuses to give back $59G to vet after seizing his business cash
- Kennedy 10-16-2017
- The Next Revolution 10-15-17
- Tucker Carlson Tonight - Monday, October 16
- The Story - Monday, October 16
- AP News Guide: The rise and fall of the Islamic State group
- Thousands more Rohingya Muslims cross border into Bangladesh
- Astronomers strike gold, witness massive cosmic collision
- Fast and Furious scandal: Last remaining fugitive in border agent's murder arrested
- Florida girl dies after 325-pound cousin sits on her as a punishment, cops say
- Janet Jackson And Ciara Hit Disneyland For Fairytale Playdate With Their Kiddos
- Anthony Bourdain Supports Girlfriend Asia Argento In Social Media Posts
- Bruno Mars Performs Incredible Acoustic Version of 'That's What I Like' – Watch!
- EXCLUSIVE: Get A Sneak Peek at Season 3 Of 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow'
- Khloé Kardashian & Kylie Jenner Are Totally Twinning – See The Pics!
- 'DWTS' Eliminates Fan Favorite Derek Fisher During 'Most Memorable Year' Week
- Lea Michele, Darren Criss, Ryan Murphy & More Have An Epic 'Glee’ Reunion At The Elsie Festival
- Jennifer Garner Proves She's Still A 'Band Geek' At College Football Game
- Blue Ivy Looks Just Like Beyoncé When She Was A Kiddo – See The Pic!
- Prince Harry Announces Mental Health Partnership With Armed Forces In Emotional Speech
- Taylor Swift Surprised Fans On Instagram & They Totally Freaked Out
- Jason Aldean Returns To Las Vegas One Week After Mass Shooting
- Louisville basketball coach Rick Pitino fired following corruption, fraud investigation
- National anthem protests: Florida man takes 'Boycott the Jags and the NFL' message to sky
- Tokyo's 1964 Olympic flame went out four years ago, report says
- Chargers edge Raiders on Novak's late field goal
- Al Michaels apologizes for comparing Giants to Harvey Weinstein
- Colin Kaepernick files grievance accusing NFL owners of collusion
- Green Bay Packers' Aaron Rodgers could miss rest of season with broken collarbone
- Colin Kaepernick files grievance accusing NFL owners of collusion, report says
- Buccaneers lose QB Jameis Winston to injury, can't complete comeback in loss to Cardinals
- Philadelphia Eagles' Marcus Johnson baptized in hotel pool with teammates by his side
- Dodgers top Cubs in Game 1 of NL title series
- Astros top Yankees, take Game 1 of AL title series