Parents Who Have Lost a Child to Drug Overdose Support Group
Hospice Volunteers of Hancock County announces a new support group for Parents Who Have Lost a Child to Drug Overdose. The group will be held Thursdays August 31 through October 5, from 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. at the HVHC Ellsworth office. The group is free of charge but participants need to register at least a week in advance to allow time for group preparation. For more information, call Hospice Volunteers of Hancock County at 667-2531.
Losing a child to drug overdose can make you feel alone and in pain. Maybe you are thinking no one could possibly understand how you feel. If you have lost a child to drug overdose, you are not alone. There were 378 overdose deaths in Maine in 2016, that's an average of more than one overdose death per day throughout the state. This group will provide a safe, non-judgmental, confidential space to receive support, to share difficult emotions and to build connection.
Please join us for this initial offering supporting parents who have lost a child to drug overdose.
- Celebrating Batman
- Touch-a-Truck and "Drive 4 UR School" fundraiser
- Bangor Symphony Orchestra receives generous donation
- Two students charged with terrorizing in seperate incidents
- Group in Portland area looking for homes for hurricane rescued dogs
- UCP of Maine preparing for annual "Pumpkins in the Park" event
- New Pittsfield police chief
- College of the Atlantic opens its Farm day to the public
- Multiple State AG's investigate opioid manufacturers
- "Cyber Safety Summit Event," held in Brewer Wednesday covered many topics for area businesses
- A.C.L.U. challenges abortion law from 1979
- White nationalist Christopher Cantwell denied bond on felony charges in Charlottesville rally
- Ethan Hawke prayed on being a priest, hoped God didn't want it for him
- Trump urges fans to boycott NFL in ongoing criticism of flag-kneeling players
- 'Acid attack' at London mall injures at least 6 people, police say
- Pakistan says Indian fire in Kashmir kills girl
- Iraq's Kurds to vote on independence amid fears of unrest
- Iranian Guard drills near Iraq ahead of Kurdish referendum
- Thousands rally across Catalonia for independence from Spain
- Turkish FM visits 2 Turks jailed in the US for May brawl
- Details are important, Maryland professor learns the card way
- More than 34,000 flee Bali volcano amid eruption fears
- UN official: Global community must step up Rohingya aid
- A drunk driver killed their daughters, but Lynn and Dan Wagner embody the awesome power of forgiveness
- Nancy Brinker: America needs more ambassadors and we need them now
- Trump is right, Newsweek. Socialism doesn't work
- After Trump remarks, will more NFL players 'take a knee'?
- Trump travel ban expires Sunday; new restrictions expected
- Bangladesh coastal town a place of Rohingya hope and tragedy
- Ryan Phillippe Breaks His Silence On Assault Allegations
- Emilia Clarke Goes 'Khaleesi' Blonde For The First Time
- Russell Wilson Teaches Football To Ciara's Son
- Sterling K. Brown Shows Off His Emmy – And His Abs!
- 5-Ingredient Fall Dinners from Craftsy
- Blue Ivy Plays Dress-Up With Beyoncé's Clothes
- Googling Avril Lavigne Could Kill Your Computer
- Miley Cyrus Reveals Track List For New Album 'Younger Now'
- Shonda Rhimes Puts People On Blast For Treating Her Differently Before Weight Loss
- Alicia Vikander is Lara Croft in the new 'Tomb Raider' Trailer!
- 'Riverdale’ Hotties KJ Appa and Charles Melton Hit The Soccer Field For Charity
- Halle Berry Flashes Her Rear Assets In Sheer Dress On The Red Carpet
- FAU makes late push, can't catch Buffalo in road loss
- FIU rides Alex McGough, 2 FGs to beat Rice in Conference USA opener
- Bruce Maxwell is first MLB player to kneel during anthem
- UCF cruises past injury-depleted Maryland in return after 23-day layoff
- Rough start: FSU upset at home by NC State, falls to 0-2 to begin season
- LeBron James, Kobe Bryant blast Trump after Curry-White House tweet
- Preview: Twins at Tigers
- Preview: FSU returns to action after 3-week hiatus to take on NC State
- Rays early offensive start propels them to win over Orioles
- Former Marlins manager, current executive Jack McKeon says he won't be retained by new ownership
- Packers list 7 players as 'doubtful' for Week 3
- Can Cowboys' Prescott and Elliott respond following crushing loss?