- Category: Entertainment Tonight
- Created on Monday, 29 July 2013 01:31
- Written by Fox Bangor / ABC 7 News Team
- Hits: 856
Robin Thicke's latest single Blurred Lines has been a worldwide hit, even reaping the highest radio audience in history, but behind its success is the controversy surrounding the song's risqué music video.
ET caught up with Thicke during a recent rehearsal to ask him, among other topics, about the clamor about the original music video, which features topless models strutting to and fro.
"We didn't think it would cause as much controversy [as it has]. We thought a few people would be like, 'Oh...boobs!' Thicke said of the video, which also features Pharrell and T.I. "...We didn't think it would cause any trouble because our intentions were so pure just to have a good time and make a fun song."
Although there has been plenty of ruckus over the music video, which has been supplemented by a clothed version after YouTube banned the original video, the 36-year-old singer-songwriter says the majority of it stems from the media.
"For the most part, I haven't had any problems when I go anywhere," the Los Angeles native said. "People write some things on their blogs and stuff, but the public—I haven't encountered anything negative."
While the video for Thicke's latest single has been targeted for its provocative nature, a few of his previous videos have been racy as well, including those which involve his actress wife Paula Patton.
Thicke revealed that even though his wife doesn't appear in the "Blurred Lines" video, she still had some creative influence on it.
"Paula and I have made a few videos together, so we weren't considering doing this one together, but a lot of the great ideas that ended up in the video were hers," he divulged. "She still has her fingerprints all over it."
Watch the full video above for more from Thicke, including his opinion on his young son following his path as a music artist in the future.
Thicke's forthcoming album, Blurred Lines, will be released on Tuesday (July 30). Visit his website for more information.
- Jason Cote is convicted of murder and to be sentenced Friday
- Governor says he'll be the education commissioner
- Maine filmmakers release romantic comedy
- Sen. King to host opiate discussion in Bangor on Friday
- New business to be geared towards outdoor activities
- Two Maine companies are giving back
- Seven people arrested for dealing heroin and cocaine
- Candidates turn their focus to the next primary in South Carolina
- Attack in Hollis ends in one arrest
- The presidential race has made its way to Maine
- Sanders campaign breaks fundraising efforts as donations average $34
- Body found under frozen lake
- Director of Houlton Shelter Resigns, Police Investigating
- Man arrested for sexual assault, his victim is 11 year old girl
- Bangor Historical Society invites you to make Valentines
- Maine Discovery Museum host February vacation camp
- Maine Audubon is putting on exciting camps for students during February vacation
- Connecticut State Trooper has been shot and killed by a Maine man
- Maine corporation charged with growing marijuana is ordered to pay fine
- Cats abandoned at shelter over night
- Love and Zombies on Valentine's Day
- Belfast Bay Inn voted one of the most romantic
- Diplomats in Munich agree to Syria cease-fire in a week
- Fargo police say officer shot during standoff dies
- University of Rochester scientists create 'super polymer' that can lift 1,000 times its mass
- Do or Die: Nevada lawmaker describes convincing last Oregon holdout to surrender
- Locals fume as EPA reveals Gold King mine spill much worse than initially stated
- State Dept. IG subpoenaed Clinton Foundation in 2015
- Final Oregon refuge occupier turns himself in
- World's longest-surviving heart transplant patient dies
- 'House of Cards': It's Frank vs. Claire in the Season 4 trailer
- Meryl Streep responds to questions about diversity: 'We’re all Africans really'
- Downing of EgyptAir 990 inspired 9/11 plot, says Al Qaeda newsletter
- Final Oregon refuge occupier delays turning himself in
- 8 top tactical Valentine's Day gifts for men
- With Christie and Fiorina out, where will their supporters go?
- Police: Cop killed wife, son, torched home then shot himself
- Criminal charges brought against 'Star Wars' producers over Harrison Ford accident
- ISIS relying on child soldiers, drugged fighters as grip on Mosul slips
- Scientists find evidence of gravitational waves predicted by Einstein
- Wife of man accused of leaving child in hot car to die files for divorce
- At least 52 inmates dead after riot, fire at Mexico prison
- Remaining Oregon refuge occupiers say they'll turn themselves in
- Worker fired for carrying gun on company property given job back
- Peyton Manning thought Justin Timberlake worked at a bowling alley
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Lamar Odom Makes Public Return At Kanye West's Fashion Show
- Teresa Giudice Talks Prison Life, Reuniting With Family & Supporting Donald Trump
- Peyton Manning & Jimmy Fallon Have Fun With Eli Manning's Super Bowl Face
- [EXCLUSIVE] Bethenny Frankel Confirms She is Returning to 'RHONY'
- 'Legends Of Tomorrow': Marc Guggenheim On Ray & Snart’s Latest Mission, Training Kendra & The Omega Protocol
- Adam Levine Reacts To Taraji P. Henson’s Coldplay/Maroon 5 Mix-Up
- 'The 100 Q&A: Brenda Strong On Playing Ice Nation Queen Nia
- 'Outlander' Season 2 Premiere Date Announced
- 'Outlander' Season 2 Premiere Date Announced, New Trailer Drops
- Stars Step Out For Saint Laurent Hollywood Show
- 'Gilmore Girls' Revival Welcomes More Familiar Faces
- Gwen Stefani Teaming With Target For Live Grammy Video
- Adele Announces Surprise Pre-Grammy Concert
- 'Arrow': Katrina Law Previews 'Epic' Fight, 'Beautiful' Nyssa/Laurel Scene
- Eagles Band Members To Honor Glenn Frey At Grammys
- Johnny Depp Stars As Donald Trump In Funny Or Die Spoof
- Medical Examiner Rules Michael Cavallari's Death Accidental
- 'Frozen' Musical To Make Broadway Debut In 2018
- DMX Has Recovered After Being Resuscitated By Police, Attorney Says
- Kelly Clarkson Releasing Children's Book Named For Daughter River Rose
- Megan Fox Is New 'New Girl,' Filling In For Zooey Deschanel
- Bryan Fuller Named Co-Creator, Showrunner Of CBS' 'Star Trek'
- Ken Watanabe Battling Stomach Cancer, Delays Broadway Return
- First 'Fuller House' Trailer Debuts: 'Damn, We All Still Look Good!'
- Tom Brady boasts that he is not one of the best QBs ever
- Peyton Manning's mom explains why it's time for her son to retire
- Report: Off-duty cops hospitalized after alleged altercation involving LeSean McCoy
- Advanced stats will probably love Michigan in 2016
- Audi tearjerker, 'Puppymonkeybaby' among Super Bowl winners
- Offbeat humor and upbeat messages dominate Super Bowl ads
- Breaking news: NASCAR to announce new 'charter' system for teams
- 2nd-seeded Cilic and Dodig advance to 2nd round in Rotterdam
- Jordan Spieth honors Peyton Manning with classic forehead joke after Super Bowl win
- Mets give cap-tip to fellow runner-up Panthers after Super Bowl loss
- Cam Newton's authenticity is highly questionable
- 2016 New York Mets Preview & Fantasy Baseball Draft Prep
- All-Star Bobblehead Series among Marlins promotions in 2016
- Broncos offseason to-do list, starting with moving on from Manning
- Cam Newton's image took the biggest hit of all during the Super Bowl
- Dodgers' Pederson had a great view of Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show
- Paul George says he'll try to score 82 points in final game vs. Kobe
- From behind the lens at Super Bowl 50, Durant captures the other side
- DeMarcus Ware's son stole Deion Sanders' microphone after the Super Bowl
- Comfort wins: Stroman, Blue Jays watch Super Bowl 50 in onesies
- Parker to play with France despite wife's pregnancy
- Ronaldo open to leaving Real Madrid when contract expires
- Tyronn Lue on recent criticism: 'Look, they ridiculed Jesus Christ'
- Bryce Harper shared a laugh with Stephen Curry at Super Bowl 50