The results of a toxicology report show that British socialite Peaches Geldof had heroin in her system at the time of her death, the BBC is reporting.
The U.K.'s The Times is also reporting that Geldof died of a heroin overdose.
Geldof, 25, was pronounced dead on April 7, 2014, when she was found dead at her home in Wrotham, Kent.
"Recent use of heroin and the levels identified were likely to have played a role in her death," the BBC quotes Detective Chief Inspector Paul Fotheringham, who spoke at a brief inquest in Gravesend.
Tragically, the news parallels Geldof's mother Paula Yates' own death – the writer died of a heroin overdose at the age of 41 when Geldof was 11 years old.
The night before her death, she tweeted an Instagram shot of her and her late mother, who died in September 2000. "Me and my mum," she wrote.
Geldof, the daughter of Irish musician Bob Geldof, leaves behind two sons with her husband, musician Tom Cohen -- Astala, 1, and Phaedra, 11 months.