A+ A A-

Brooke Burke-Charvet 'Eliminated' as 'DWTS' Host

Brooke Burke-Charvet has announced that she won't be returning as co-host in the upcoming season of Dancing with the Stars.

Burke-Charvet -- who has co-hosted the hit ABC show with Tom Bergeron for seven seasons -- tweeted the news Friday night that she was being dismissed.


VIDEO: Brooke Burke-Charvet on Plastic Surgery Past

The network also confirmed the casting change in a statement. "She's been a wonderful part of the Dancing with the Stars family since her triumphant win in season seven and will unquestionably be missed by our entire team," said Conrad Green, the show's executive producer. "We'd like to thank Brooke for her years of great service." There was no mention of any possible replacements.

"I have enjoyed seven seasons co-hosting DWTS but understand the need for change considering the position of the show at this juncture," Burke-Charvet told E! Online in a statement. "I've always been one to embrace change and looking forward to pursuing opportunities I previously wasn't able to entertain because of contractual obligations to the show. I've seen my fair share of shocking eliminations in the ballroom but this one takes the cake." 

More On: Dancing with the Stars

Get the App on the Google Play Store

What's On Tonight

Fox Bangor

8:00 PM

Bones

9:00 PM

Gracepoint

10:00 PM

Fox 22 News at 10

11:00 PM

The Mentalist

WVII

8:00 PM

Grey's Anatomy

9:00 PM

Scandal

10:00 PM

How to Get Away With Murder

11:00 PM

ABC 7 News @ 11

11:35 PM

Jimmy Kimmel Live

Latest Tweets