- Category: Uncategorised
- Created on Wednesday, 11 October 2017 15:24
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 3648
FOX Network broadcasts two audio channels. One designated "ENGLISH" and one designed "SPANISH" on viewers digital TV's. On selected FOX network programming, such as Major League Baseball, NASCAR, NFL On FOX, COPS, America's Most Wanted specials, and certain movies, on the Spanish channel FOX will replace the English audio that is heard on the ENGLISH main channel with either Spanish language or a new thing the FCC calls "Audio Description" where a narrators voice will describe in short phrases what is happening on the screen for those viewers who are visually impaired.
Homer: YOU LITTLE ….!!!!!
Bart: (Choking sound)
Narrator: Homer chokes Bart.
This sometimes confuses viewers who mistakenly think the TV station has gone crazy or has been taken over. In reality there is no issue with the broadcast. You may only experience this on WFVX or it just started with the current program or it is only during the race (ballgame, movie, etc.) and all the commercials are fine. This confirms there is nothing wrong with the broadcast.
The problem is the viewer has accidentally or maybe on purpose, changed the audio channel from ENGLISH to SPANISH and doesn't realize it. Most of the time, English will be broadcast on the SPANISH channel when there is no programming providing Spanish audio so most viewers never realize they are on the incorrect audio channel until a program with Spanish or Audio Description is broadcast. It is very easy to correct. Only the viewer can fix this. The TV station has no way to correct the issue.
And here is how you do it.
On a viewer's remote control there may be wording something like MTS or SAP or AUDIO or SPANISH. By pushing the appropriate button will normally cycle through the choices until the correct setting is found. For viewers who do not have a remote control or their remote control does not list any audio settings, the viewer will need to go into the digital TV or converter box MENU and look for AUDIO. In those settings will list the audio channels available and can be changed there. The settings can be changed when English is being broadcast. Watch for the current setting displayed on your TV screen to see which audio channel is active.
Performing this task will change the audio setting from the SPANISH audio channel back to the ENGLISH audio channel.
- Reports: Marilyn Manson injured during New York concert
- Rep. Maxine Waters says she wants to 'take out' Trump
- Texas teens stand up to atheists and defend Christian flag
- Massachusetts boy, 7, mauled by pit bulls, cops say
- Syria's largest oil field seized from ISIS by US-backed forces
- Trump plans to bring 'biggest tax cuts ever' in US history, praises Kelly
- Trump turns feud with Democrat Wilson into midterm GOP rallying call
- Jim Carrey claims late girlfriend faked STD medical records to extort him
- Tampa neighborhood on alert after 3 killings, 'nothing linking' victims, cops say
- Meth hidden in stuffed toy dog, Border Patrol agents say
- X-rated classroom party gets teacher fired from Florida school
- Exit polls show win for Japanese PM Abe's ruling coalition
- Namibian diamond town opens gates to the public
- Jemele Hill: 'I deserve a suspension' from ESPN for controversial tweets
- 6 steps for organizing your messy photo library
- US pushes Saudi Arabia, Iraq on united front to counter Iran
- 2017 World Series: Record-challenging heat to kick off opening games in Los Angeles
- Kosovo holds municipal vote; Pristina City Hall is top prize
- Crikey! Steve Irwin's Family To Return To Animal Planet 11 Years After His Death
- Usher Sings Karaoke With Ludacris & Stevie Wonder At His 39th Birthday Party
- Julianne Hough & Brooks Laich Share Sweet Wedding Snaps From Their Ceremony
- Paul Wesley and Phoebe Tonkin Break Up After Four Years of Dating
- 'DWTS' Disney Week Is Rocked By Shocking Elimination
- Elton John Will End His Caesars Palace Residency Next Year
- Mel B Flaunts Her Fabulous Abs While On A Tropical Vacation – See The Pics!
- Molly Sims Shares Delicious Recipes From Her New Book 'Everyday Chic: My Secrets For Entertaining, Organizing, and Decorating at Home'
- Louis Tomlinson’s Son Freddie Looks Just Like Him — Check Out The Fan Reactions!
- Sources Say 'Suits' Star Meghan Markle Has Not Quit The Show Yet
- Ed Sheeran Wears a Cast After He Gets Hurt In London Bike Accident
- Nick Jonas & Demi Lovato Congratulate Joe Jonas On Engagement
- Preview: Dolphins look for measure of revenge in rematch with Jets
- Preview: Jaguars leaning on defense ahead of showdown with Colts
- Pitlick scores 2, Stars hold on to beat Hurricanes 4-3
- Astros beat Yankees 4-0, head to World Series
- Florida Atlantic crushes North Texas in record breaking win
- Adrian Killins rushes for 2 TDs, UCF tops Navy for 1st 6-0 start in program history
- FSU coach Jimbo Fisher has verbal altercation with fan after loss
- Yankees face elimination again, this time in ALCS Game 7
- Mavericks fall to Kings 93-88 without Dennis Smith Jr.
- No. 1 Alabama heavy favorite against rival Tennessee
- Dynamic Dodgers reach World Series with consummate teamwork
- NHL says Avs' nullified goal vs. Blues should have counted